iPad-Fi
Jul 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #331 of 623
Nice.  I'm distressed that the iQube V2 didn't work - I actually bought it (as an upgrade over my amp-only V1) just to use with the iPad!  Oh well...the best laid plans...

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #332 of 623
...and 3 1/2 months later the iPad still have not been released in Norway!
A real shame Apple do not release all their products worldwide at the same time... I really do not get it.

Jul 23, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #333 of 623

Quote:
The iPad-->Camera Connection Kit-->HM-801 (as USB DAC/amp)-->beyerdynamic T5p is an outstanding messenger-bag-totable rig.  A photo of this rig can be seen at the following link:

An Outstanding (not-so-portable) Portable Rig

(I'll be posting more about the HM-801 and the T5p, separately, in the next few days.)

Now this is a great rig to take to the coffee house, especially if you were going to mostly be using your iPad anyway.  I've been using the iPad in place of a laptop for some things lately, so this setup is (and sounds) fantastic.

That is definitely a nice looking setup, to put it mildly!

My laptop really only gets use when I am updating my iPad or when I just have to get to a flash site (which is rare, but does happen).  I mainly use the iPad for portability and my desktop when I want to listen to the headphones in that room.  I recently went on a trip and took my iPad instead of my laptop for a change.  I did not miss it at all.

Jul 24, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #334 of 623
It's a tab

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #335 of 623
Quote:
...and 3 1/2 months later the iPad still have not been released in Norway!
A real shame Apple do not release all their products worldwide at the same time... I really do not get it.

Language, trade and technology barriers are different for each country, have to prioritize, blah blah blah...

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #336 of 623

Quote:
Language, trade and technology barriers are different for each country, have to prioritize, blah blah blah...

Ok, guess that is the reason.
And since Apple is a US based company they always prioritize their home market first, then let the rest of the world get the short end of the stick.

Instead of sorting out all the language, trade and technology barriers worldwide, then release. They manage to do so for their MacBook, iMac, Mac Pro, ... products, but not for the iPhone and iPad.

Jul 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #337 of 623
They are also supposedly having problems keeping them in stock where they sell em. A more international rollout may be a few months ahead. Guess apple themselves didn't expect the "giant iPod touch" to be this popular.

Jul 25, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #338 of 623
Apple has definitely hit a gold mine they are selling all they can produce and apparently supply can not keep up with demand our family certainly enjoys ours.

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #340 of 623
I absolutely adore Jump remote desktop if you have a good network and a fast PC. It's my primary internet browsing application. It's a remote desktop program that works very very well and allows me to surf the web like I'm on my laptop, so super fast loads and tabbed browsing.

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #342 of 623
I like iCab better but it is kind of buggy. Honestly I think Safari is the best. Tabbed browsing just doesn't work natively on the iPad right now, or at least as of a week ago when I last used iCab.

Jul 28, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #343 of 623
I’m currently using Teamviewer HD as my remote desktop application; Jump was on sale for $5 last week and missed out it on while deciding.  But I don’t know if the now-$20 Jump app is worth it compared to the free Teamviewer.  

I also bought Atomic Web browser, and found it feature packed.  But b/c of its amateurish UI design, I haven’t replaced Safari with it yet.  

I wonder what people here typically use their iPad for…is it nearly entirely entertainment/audio related?  My iPad is mostly for productivity use.  I find apps like Reeder, Instapaper, iThoughtsHD, GoodReader, Moneybook, Toodledo, and JotNot invaluable.  

Audiowise, I use Pandora, Soundhound, Slacker (iPhone only) and NPR Music (iPhone only)

Jul 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #344 of 623
I agree that Safari is still best, but it needs tabbed browsing.  If I need to jump around I use Atomic which I think is great all around.  Safari if I need a quick hit as all my bookmarks are sync'd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back