ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
Sep 27, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #106 of 532
well I have just received an lighting to usb cck lead and a Fiio E7 that I picked up cheep. using a normal usb to mini lead with the usb charging turned off and away I go
I now have it working with my iphone 5

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #107 of 532
In an attempt to reduce the cobweb of cables in my arsenal, are there any cable wranglers out there who can hack this cable into a much shorter version, possibly with a mini USB termination?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

I would absolutely love to have my iPhone 5 running iOS7 with my ALO International with a small cable in between.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #108 of 532
  In an attempt to reduce the cobweb of cables in my arsenal, are there any cable wranglers out there who can hack this cable into a much shorter version, possibly with a mini USB termination?

I would absolutely love to have my iPhone 5 running iOS7 with my ALO International with a small cable in between.

I wouldn't risk it. Apple intentionally makes all their widgets virtually hack-proof. If you open things up or cut the cable there's a very good chance you can't get it to work again. But maybe try making a really short USB cable? That should help things somewhat.

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #110 of 532
Has anyone tried with IOS 7.0.2?

Sep 28, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #111 of 532
Forget iPhone as an AUDIO source...

Announced recently, the next Sony AUDIOPHILE walkman ZX1 (with 4" Screen, 128 Gb of storage and 24/192 support !).

and... It seems that there will be a possibility of "digital out" and also " line-OUT" through an adapter using the Sony WM-port  
biggrin.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #113 of 532

Peter at double helix cables can probably do that for you. He modifies stock apple lightning cables to custom lengths and sleeving.

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #114 of 532
who has nothing to loose? :) take one for the team!

I have installed 7.02. The CCK connection with the iPhone continues to work fine. Except when video is involved, I have largely stopped using my iPad 3 for music playback. The iPhone 4S sounds great now that the digital out is available. Check out some of the 320 Kbps radio choices on http://radiobit.50webs.com .

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #115 of 532
i've tried with iPhone 4S > CCK > GoVibe Mini U-DAC works fine. and you can control volume using built in volume control on iPhone 4S
I also tried with iPhone 4S > CCK > USB A to mini usb > Pico Dac / Pico DAC+AMP works fine too
but with Govibe Martini U and GoVibe VestAmp DAC, my iphone just notification that dac need more power

I just wondering that if we use 2 USB A to mini usb, first usb a to iPhone CCK & another to Powerbank. it might just work? so some DAC who needs much power from source such as Centrance DacPort and GoVibe Martini U / VestAmp DAC can be worked.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #116 of 532
  Has anyone run iPhone/iOS 7 into a Modi yet? Also, can anyone test whether the digital output honors the stereo/mono setting?

I can answer my own question now, in case anyone else is looking to try this. iPhone 5, iOS 7, Lightning 'CCK,' into a Schiit Modi works great, no powered USB hub or other means of power injection necessary. Also, the digital output does honor the mono/stereo setting, though I'm sure nobody but me cares about that :p.

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #117 of 532
Looking over that thread it was asked a few times if the Pico accepted 24/96, the answer was consistently no. My hat it maxed at 16/48, but internally up samples to 24/96.

One of Justin's replies:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/258967/headamp-pico-portable-amp-w-optional-upsampling-24-96-usb-dac-pre-order-thread/3615#post_8754762

It's not a big deal, just don't want people misled.

(I also happen to own one, on my Mac it maxes at accepting 16/48 in MIDI setup and through Decibel)

Finally got a chance to re-test my Pico - you are correct. What was misleading me was my use of Bitperfect with iTunes. Bitperfect always displays the sample rate/freq of the source file, regardless of whether the output device actually accepts it at that native resolution. As it turns out the Pico does only accept 48KHz/16bit input, but it internally up-samples everything to 96KHz/24bit for playback.

That said, both the Pico (and my new RSA Intruder) do an impressive job of conversion and playback at a 48KHz/16bit input. As I'm using my HD800 headphones most of the time, the Pico hasn't seen a lot of use lately. The extra power of the balanced output on the RSA Intruder is certainly more appropriate to drive the HD800s.

I'm still trying to decide if I should keep the Pico for use with the iPhone, but I'm leaning towards selling it now that I have the Intruder (as well as my Fiio E17). Decisions, decisions.... :frowning2:

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #118 of 532
Does anyone have an iBasso D10 lying around that they can test this setup for me?
Having just bought an X3 to use as a digital transport there may be one up for quick sale soon.

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #119 of 532
I've come to tried the same set up with the different USB cable again for above mentioned system today, I CONFIRMED THAT BOTH SET UP CAN BE USED ON CENtrance HiFi M8 XL VERSION. THE M8 NEEDED TO BE RESTART AFTER THE USB CABLE IS CONNECTED, AND BOTH SET UP SOUNDS GREAT. I use HD600 and T90 and they sound fantastic.

+1, just tested my m8 with 5S and it works perfectly through cck. Seems a lot of people will be buying the lx now unless the bulk of the cck cable is a worry. Someone will build an all in one by combining the cck & a short usb cable to take that out of the equation though. Probably should have got the LX!
P.s. hifim8 is killer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back