ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
Sep 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #91 of 532
Sounds like you could just get the USB version :)

Although if the cost difference isn't big for you, think about getting the iPhone version just in case Apple decides to drop the feature.

Well the issue is not the price différence but the fact that i also have an AK100 ( Toshlink) as alternative source ! :). So thé LX Will allow me to use iPhone AND ak100 ... If iOS7 works 24/92 through USB !

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #92 of 532
I thought iPad+CCK already worked before iOS7? But upgrade to iOS7 and see what happens. It should work, according to what everyone has been reporting.

See my post above. It did work with the iPad and CCK but in certain circumstances you needed a powered hub.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #93 of 532
I'm running an iPad 3 via cck to audiolabs mdac via iPeng and Flacplayer apps.

Prior to ios7, 24/96 files played perfectly but now I get stutter. Most of the chatter in pro audio circles (as in usb midi input vs output) is that there are bugs in ios7 usb dac support that may also affect playback. 16/44 or 16/48 are not a problem.

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #94 of 532
  I've tried a CEntrance HiFi-M8 XL today on IPad mini IOS 6.1.2 with the Lightning CCK, and Android phone with an OTG to USB adaptor, using a random USB A - USB B cable, both are not working. The IPad mini shows not supported and Android shows nothing. I played music with the original audio player from the system. Before I've tried the same set-up with Apex Glacier and it worked flawlessly. I am not sure but those who wants to use XL version with idevice and android system please check again.

So Audioquest Butterfly checked O.K. with IOS7 and CCK right?

See my post above. It did work with the iPad and CCK but in certain circumstances you needed a powered hub.

Right. So chubbyroaster, does it say the device draws too much power, or just not supported?

Sep 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #95 of 532

Prior to ios7, 24/96 files played perfectly but now I get stutter. Most of the chatter in pro audio circles (as in usb midi input vs output) is that there are bugs in ios7 usb dac support that may also affect playback. 16/44 or 16/48 are not a problem.

Are the other apps on your iPad any slower now with iOS7 than before?

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #96 of 532
There is a general "slowness" to ios7 on the ipad3, yes. Most things it's not perceptible but changing the background for example used to be instant, it now takes 20 secs to register. However hardly no issue with ios7 on my iPhone 5.

Sep 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #97 of 532

This behavior is exactly what I have experienced with the iPhone 4 via CCK to the HRT microStreamer.  16/44 and 16/48 are no problem, but 24/96 stutters.   Thanks for reporting this -- I've been on the lookout for a similar report of 24/96 issues in iOS 7 running on an iPad.  

By the way, 24/96 on the Fiio E17 works with the iPhone 4 and the CCK through a USB hub as I have checked.  Others have reported 24/96 playback being fine with other DACs (I think it was the Dragonfly?)  So, the 24/96 problem in iOS 7 may be DAC specific.  I'm also hopeful that HRT will update firmware to fix things if that is required, as they created firmware for the microStreamer to address iPad playback.  

I never had DAC compatibility with the iPhone 4 before iOS 7, so I'm happy nevertheless.  Even so, I've got an iPad mini and an iPad 2 that I am definitely not updating to iOS 7 until the bugs are worked out.  

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #98 of 532
I went back to my iPad mini from the iPhone 5 (both iOS7) because I'm &^#% old and cant read the small type on the iPhone while I'm driving. I have not had any 24/96 stuttering probems with the following setup: Seagate Wireless Plus > iPad mini > 8Player app > Lightning CCK > powered hub > Musical Fidelity V-Link II USB/SPDIF > Audison Bit One car audio processor.

Sep 26, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #100 of 532
is this the cable you all are talking about http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter ? cause its listed as iPad only?

Yes, for iPhone 5/5c/5s. For iPhone 4/4s, use the leftmost adapter in this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit

DISCLAIMER: I have only checked the iPhone 4 and 5c running iOS 7. Your mileage may vary. Eat with food. Discontinue use if a rash develops. Finally, Apple may change things at any time, so say no to automatic iOS updates. :)

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #102 of 532
I've tried a CEntrance HiFi-M8 XL today on IPad mini IOS 6.1.2 with the Lightning CCK, and Android phone with an OTG to USB adaptor, using a random USB A - USB B cable, both are not working. The IPad mini shows not supported and Android shows nothing. I played music with the original audio player from the system. Before I've tried the same set-up with Apex Glacier and it worked flawlessly. I am not sure but those who wants to use XL version with idevice and android system please check again.

I've come to tried the same set up with the different USB cable again for above mentioned system today, I CONFIRMED THAT BOTH SET UP CAN BE USED ON CENtrance HiFi M8 XL VERSION. THE M8 NEEDED TO BE RESTART AFTER THE USB CABLE IS CONNECTED, AND BOTH SET UP SOUNDS GREAT. I use HD600 and T90 and they sound fantastic.

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #103 of 532
  I went back to my iPad mini from the iPhone 5 (both iOS7) because I'm &^#% old and cant read the small type on the iPhone while I'm driving. I have not had any 24/96 stuttering probems with the following setup: Seagate Wireless Plus > iPad mini > 8Player app > Lightning CCK > powered hub > Musical Fidelity V-Link II USB/SPDIF > Audison Bit One car audio processor.

It's a bit puzzling that, for as much as Apple is touting TypeKit (and as impressive as it is), key apps like Music don't support dynamic type sizing... 

Has anyone run iPhone/iOS 7 into a Modi yet? Also, can anyone test whether the digital output honors the stereo/mono setting?

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #104 of 532
The iPhone's screen is too small for large font sizes anyways. It would have to scroll endlessly to show a long song title 
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #105 of 532
  The iPhone's screen is too small for large font sizes anyways. It would have to scroll endlessly to show a long song title 
wink.gif

Well, better than not being able to see at all for those who are helped by large type. Myself, I have the dynamic type set all the way down, and love it. But the point really is that it's a feature built into the OS, the promise of universally controlling your font sizes... Yet the promise hasn't been realized fully enough, if you ask me. (I'd love it if my text in Music would shrink to match my text elsewhere, especially now that the hold-to-reveal-the-full-text feature seems to be gone...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back