ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK
Jan 3, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #332 of 532
  HRT has written custom firmware for certain products (the microStreamer) to lower its power draw to make it iDevice compatible.  You might check with HRT to see if they have done this for the HeadStreamer -- it is probably not likely but worth a shot.  I have tested the iPhone 4/iOS7 + CCK +  USB Male Type A to Mini USB Male Type B + HRT microStreamer and it works for 48k sampling rates and lower.  

i read the review HRT HeadStreamer on this forum and they said HeadStreamer have two version. and the newest one was compatible with iPad and Android device.
maybe i was trying the old one so it cannot support to my iPhone

Jan 21, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #334 of 532
  How i can connect the iPod touch 5G to an Portable AMP/Dac?, with the CCK?

The sound doesn't have noise or any issue?, i was read that ''Lightning connector'' doesn't sound ''that good''. But, i don't know much of this. I just want to use the DAC/Amp to drive my HD 598 and SR325is through the iTouch 5G with no issues.

Need some help.

it depends wich dac/amp you want to use.

an amp like the fiio e07k or jds labs c5d works like this:
ipod touch 5g --> apple cck --> usb to usb mini --> fiio e07k or jds labs c5d --> headphones. when using, you need to put the battery charging on off on the fiio or switch to battery with the jds labs c5d

an amp where it is not possible to turn off the battery charging, you will need a usb power hub between the cck and the usb to usb mini..

you could have known this if you would have actually read the posts in here :)

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #336 of 532
can't really tell you myself yet, i recently bought it, it should get delivered to me by thursday or friday, but many people said it's awesome (you should take a look in the jds labs c5d appreciation thread :)

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #337 of 532
Apologies if this question has already been answered --- I read a bunch of this thread but it is so long!

I gather that with some combination of lightning-to-USB or CCK plus cable it is possible to run the HRT Microstreamer directly off the iPhone 5 or 5S using bus power. My question is, however, how much power drain is there? How long can an iPhone 5 or 5S run in that configuration on a full charge?

Is there any way to set this up so you can charge the phone or provide power to it while it is driving a Microstreamer? For example, suppose you're trying to listen while in a hotel room or some other travel situation. Would a powered hub in there actually charge the iPhone while providing power to the Microstreamer as well? What if you use a passive hub with a cable connected to a power source (like a laptop USB jack) so there is some line voltage coming from outside? Would that charge the iPhone and power the Microstreamer?

Any insight much appreciated.

Jan 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #338 of 532
  Apologies if this question has already been answered --- I read a bunch of this thread but it is so long!

I gather that with some combination of lightning-to-USB or CCK plus cable it is possible to run the HRT Microstreamer directly off the iPhone 5 or 5S using bus power. My question is, however, how much power drain is there? How long can an iPhone 5 or 5S run in that configuration on a full charge?

Is there any way to set this up so you can charge the phone or provide power to it while it is driving a Microstreamer? For example, suppose you're trying to listen while in a hotel room or some other travel situation. Would a powered hub in there actually charge the iPhone while providing power to the Microstreamer as well? What if you use a passive hub with a cable connected to a power source (like a laptop USB jack) so there is some line voltage coming from outside? Would that charge the iPhone and power the Microstreamer?

Any insight much appreciated.

I run this set-up but I have not drained the battery yet. Based on what I have seen probably around 4 hours. Check my post #220 for info on the MicroStreamer with CCK and iPhone 5S.

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #340 of 532
Guys, the NuForce iDo doesn't need the CCK, charges the iDevice, can be comtrolled with the Apple TV remote control, has its own headphone out, and sounds great. For $99 I think the value is outstanding.

Feb 6, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #341 of 532
  How i can connect the iPod touch 5G to an Portable AMP/Dac?, with the CCK?

The sound doesn't have noise or any issue?, i was read that ''Lightning connector'' doesn't sound ''that good''. But, i don't know much of this. I just want to use the DAC/Amp to drive my HD 598 and SR325is through the iTouch 5G with no issues.

Need some help.

I used iPod touch 5 -> Apple CCK -> USB Hub -> StonerAcoustics UD110 DAC -> JDSLabs O2, sound great and smooth, love it.

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #343 of 532
I don't know if this has already been addressed in this thread, but for those who are looking for a solution to charge their iPhone4/4s/iPads while playing, I believe this device may be of interest. I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone 4S and I was looking simply for solutions for me to be able to use my FiiO E1 and charge my iPhone at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dockStubz-Converter-Through-Adapter/dp/B003TJR2HS

Just have to make sure that it is the dockStubz+ version with the micro USB charging port on the side. Don't know if this helps anyone, but just thought I'd mention it for those who might want this capability in their setups. And it may help with the "too much power" message possibly...I wouldn't know however.

Of course, after reading this thread...(hears sound of wallet creaking open.....again!)

Sigh.

Feb 10, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #344 of 532
Has anyone tested  AirStash.that seems to be a "magic" solution to our storage issues ?

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #345 of 532
I don't know if this has already been addressed in this thread, but for those who are looking for a solution to charge their iPhone4/4s/iPads while playing, I believe this device may be of interest. I have a lifeproof case for my iPhone 4S and I was looking simply for solutions for me to be able to use my FiiO E1 and charge my iPhone at the same time.

http://www.amazon.com/CableJive-dockStubz-Converter-Through-Adapter/dp/B003TJR2HS

Just have to make sure that it is the dockStubz+ version with the micro USB charging port on the side. Don't know if this helps anyone, but just thought I'd mention it for those who might want this capability in their setups. And it may help with the "too much power" message possibly...I wouldn't know however.

Of course, after reading this thread...(hears sound of wallet creaking open.....again!)

Sigh.

This is pretty helpful. Thanks for posting. Have you successfully used a USB with this yet? I am thinking it may work for:
iphone 4S > DockStubz+> CCK> USB to USB mini > Sony PHA-2

When I use my iPhone 4S (with the Onkyo player) > CCK > USB to USB mini > Sony PHA-2 I do NOT get a lot of batter life from the iphone. Maybe an hour. This is with Wifi turned off and in airplane mode, etc. 

I changed my battery on the phone as well (thinking that it was old)... this did not do the trick. The Onkyo player takes a ton of battery to use (from what I figure).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back