Introduction from a new AK120/W4R owner
Jun 30, 2013 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Erethrin

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I've been lurking on the forums for months doing research on what DAP and IEM's to buy. Head-Fi site and forums are great source of information and helped me immensely in making my decisions.

Going on a long flight in September and decided I needed a good portable digital source to help block out engine and small children screaming noises in the cabin.
eek.gif
  Pulled the trigger on an AK120 and W4R. Just got them on Friday and have been busy burning them in and ripping CD's for content.

I'm 55 years old and from St. Louis, Missouri, USA and I'm a registered civil engineer. Musical tastes lean towards late 60's and 70's classic rock, prog rock, blues, some classical. Hope to be a good contributor and get to know the Head-Fi community a little better.

C'ya around the forums.

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 5
Congrats Erethrin on your fine purchases!  Also an AK120 + W4R user here and they matched really well.  What firmware version is your AK120 on?  I got mine on 1.00 and had upgraded to 1.21 since with mixed results with my different IEMs.  But for pairing with the W4R with its stock cable I find myself liking the 1.21 version better.  YMMV

Cheers!

Jul 11, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks all for the welcome.

kkcc,
FW version is 1.00. After reading all the various opinions on the AK120 thread concerning FW 1.21, I'm reluctant to update from 1.00. I really like the sound I am getting with FW 1.00 and the W4R.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back