Introduction and Request of Assistance
Jul 27, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #62 of 121
I think they once did 15% off at one of our meets, which takes it down to $1,529.99 brand new.  Don't know what they had going on at CanMania though.

Jul 27, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #64 of 121
  So lets say, for instance, you knew a guy whose wife just told him he could get any headphone he wanted.  And you..er... he ... were about to buy the LCD - XC's...where would you buy them from?  Cuz I know a guy who is in this..um..situation.  

Haha, what was the discount. I just saw them (for my friend of course) for 1450, used once, on craigslist.

Yeah, direct from Audeze (via their website or a meet) would be best. You can choose between lambskin leather and microsuede. Call me an elitist, but I would never buy a used headphone unless it was a rare model. This guy/friend you know wouldn't be...you, would it?
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #65 of 121

Yeah, direct from Audeze (via their website or a meet) would be best. You can choose between lambskin leather and microsuede. Call me an elitist, but I would never buy a used headphone unless it was a rare model. This guy/friend you know wouldn't be...you, would it?
biggrin.gif

Was it that obvious :)

He accepted $1300 offer, and says they've only been used once.  I'll at least go check them out.  Hard not to at that price.  1 hr drive though :frowning2:.  Maybe Audeze will get back to me..er my friend... :)

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #67 of 121
  Was it that obvious :)

He accepted $1300 offer, and says they've only been used once.  I'll at least go check them out.  Hard not to at that price.  1 hr drive though :frowning2:.  Maybe Audeze will get back to me..er my friend... :)

Indeed it was. A $500 discount is great, as long as they're not smelly.
tongue.gif

Here is a picture of the headphones and cables - I'm trying to figure out what kind of cables are there (looks like many different kinds..)

HOT!!!

The image is low resolution, but looks like XLR and 3.5mm.

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #68 of 121
  Here is a picture of the headphones and cables - I'm trying to figure out what kind of cables are there (looks like many different kinds..)

First of all, that looks to be in pretty good condition.  Secondly, Audezes come with both single-ended (1/4" TRS) and Balanced (4-pin XLR) cables, so both should be there.

Here are a few additional tips:

• Ask him where the wood care stuff is.  LCD-XCs come with a little bottle of wood care solution and a polishing cloth.  It's not a dealbreaker if he doesn't have it, as you can always get more.  But if he's only used the headphones once, I highly doubt he used up all of the wood care polish.
  • If you do decide to buy it, please ask him to remove the foam insert that typically sits between the cups.  That thing pushes against the driver in both cups and is STUPID as it could damage the drivers!
  • Bring some complex music to test the drivers with, being careful to spot distortion before you buy.

Other than that, happy hunting! 
smile.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #71 of 121
So I just got more details - and I'm going to pick it up at 8 tonight.  The lady I'm buying the from, get this, won them on the Price Is Right! LOL.  She put them on, didn't see what the big deal was.  She said she brought them in to her co-worker to listen to them and that was the only time they were used.  They've been on craigslist for a month, and she got them delivered in May.  So basically they are MINT condition. They were the only Audeze's on craigslist that I could find in my area.  Serendipitous! 

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #72 of 121
  So I just got more details - and I'm going to pick it up at 8 tonight.  The lady I'm buying the from, get this, won them on the Price Is Right! LOL.  She put them on, didn't see what the big deal was.  She said she brought them in to her co-worker to listen to them and that was the only time they were used.  They've been on craigslist for a month, and she got them delivered in May.  So basically they are MINT condition. They were the only Audeze's on craigslist that I could find in my area.  Serendipitous! 

Lucky man. Happy voyage into the big leagues! What amp are you gonna use with the LCD-XC?

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #74 of 121
  I bought the Asgard 2 Amp and a $30 DAC.  I think I'm going to get the Modi to go with the Asgard 2.  Next purchase will be the Cavelli Liquid Glass unless I find something I like better in the mean time.  That won't be for a while though.

Oh yeah, I already read about all that from you; was just wondering if you had something specific in mind for this new addition. The LCD-XC have low impedance and high sensitivity, so you don't need an amp as much. The Liquid Glass is the only Cavalli Audio amp that isn't produced in extremely limited quantities, so you can afford to wait.

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #75 of 121

Oh yeah, I already read about all that from you; was just wondering if you had something specific in mind for this new addition. The LCD-X have low impedance and high sensitivity, so you don't need an amp as much. The Liquid Glass is the only Cavalli Audio amp that isn't produced in extremely limited quantities, so you can afford to wait.

So much knowledge. :)

I listened to the Liquid Glass for a few hours on Saturday and then again on Sunday.  Loved it - and liked the idea of "rolling" tubes to get different sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back