Introduction and Request of Assistance
Jul 28, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #76 of 121
  So much knowledge. :)

I listened to the Liquid Glass for a few hours on Saturday and then again on Sunday.  Loved it - and liked the idea of "rolling" tubes to get different sounds.

For a ~$3K amp, I would rather get the HeadAmp GS-X mk2. I've heard very impressive things about it from so many people.

...but I have my eyes set on the platinum edition of this beauty. (You don't want to know how much it costs.)

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #77 of 121

For a ~$3K amp, I would rather get the HeadAmp GS-X mk2. I've heard very impressive things about it from so many people.

...but I have my eyes set on the platinum edition of this beauty. (You don't want to know how much it costs.)

Might as well tell him, it's a $15k Mono BLock, which means you need two of them to get Stero sound

in addition, lady won them on the Price is Right... deng didn't know those guyz where givin away LCD Cans, that's kinda neat

in addition enjoy the XC, I've been wanting one my self for a while :D 

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #78 of 121
  Might as well tell him, it's a $15k Mono BLock, which means you need two of them to get Stero sound

in addition, lady won them on the Price is Right... deng didn't know those guyz where givin away LCD Cans, that's kinda neat

in addition enjoy the XC, I've been wanting one my self for a while :D 

$15,900 + another $1,200 for the upgrade tubes.
wink_face.gif

(It comes with both pieces, if you were implying that it only comes with one.)

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #79 of 121

$15,900 + another $1,200 for the upgrade tubes.
wink_face.gif

(It comes with both pieces, if you were implying that it only comes with one.)

Oh snap it does come with both, that's good to know

I always thought it was $15k for one of the blocks

and if ur droping $16000 on a mono block set, the extra $1200 shouldn't be an issue, all things considered 

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM Post #80 of 121
  Oh snap it does come with both, that's good to know

I always thought it was $15k for one of the blocks

and if ur droping $16000 on a mono block set, the extra $1200 shouldn't be an issue, all things considered 

I've never even heard of a monoblock that doesn't come with both! Separating the channels enhances the sound quality.

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #81 of 121
Thanks for the heads up! He mentioned having the oil for the wood, so that's good. And as for complex music to test the driver, any particular suggestions? I'm not sure if I'd know unless it was obvious.

Okay you're all good then!  
smile.gif
  As for music, basically Dream Theater will do it.  My personal test for how cleanly a rig or headphone can resolve is:

The lady I'm buying the from, get this, won them on the Price Is Right! LOL.

Wow, I knew the LCD-3 was on The Price Is Right, but I didn't know the LCD-XC was. 
eek.gif

She put them on, didn't see what the big deal was.

Why does Head-Fi not have a ::facepalm:: emoticon?

Next purchase will be the Cavalli Liquid Glass unless I find something I like better in the mean time.  That won't be for a while though.

I listened to the Liquid Glass for a few hours on Saturday and then again on Sunday.  Loved it - and liked the idea of "rolling" tubes to get different sounds.

Right with you there buddy!  I'm reviewing the LG now, and I love it so much that I'll probably end up buying the thing! 
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #82 of 121
BTW, you're going to love the LCD-XC's isolation.

I mention this because I'm trying to get some LCD-X ear time in, but there are some cats (felines) trying to shoot a pr0n video or something next door - so LCD-XC to the rescue!

Jul 28, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #83 of 121
  BTW, you're going to love the LCD-XC's isolation.

I mention this because I'm trying to get some LCD-X ear time in, but there are some cats (felines) trying to shoot a pr0n video or something next door - so LCD-XC to the res

I'm sharing a living room with my wife pretty much all the time I'm home, so an open back doesn't work for either of us.  She was watching TV wearing the Bose (wirelessly) the HE-400's were driving her bonkers through all of it - which drove me bonkers because I was really wanting to listen to them.  In fact, that's kinda the point.  So, this seems like the ultimate solution.  I feel bad that I'm not getting the quality of the LCD -3's - but hopefully I won't notice because I don't have them sitting here to compare them to.  And everything I read says there amazing (and I listened to them and agreed).  Plus, they're just purty.

And yes, I agree with the face palm..but I'm not complaining!  Only thing I don't know is if they are lambskin or not.  I'll post pics when I get home tonight..leaving in 15 minutes to go get them.

And as for music to listen to, I downloaded an HD version of Skyfall - which seems pretty dynamic.  Love that song!

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:16 PM Post #84 of 121
Originally Posted by Naugrim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Only thing I don't know is if they are lambskin or not.

I would imagine so, as the microsuede is only available by request.  Good luck! 
smile.gif

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #85 of 121
Just picked it up. None of the cables had even been unbound. Totally new! and I did a crappy job checking it out I was so adrenaline Ed. Lol, what I did listen to was glorious. The iPhone is literally too loud for it... Didn't realize that it was so sensitive. That base is simply exquisite. I wanted to just sit there in Starbucks all night.

Jul 28, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #86 of 121
Jul 28, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #88 of 121
  Thats just me being dumb. Bass. Sigh.  And I sang in an a copella choir.

Ohhh, okay.  Mine came with bass! 
smile.gif
  It's all good.

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #90 of 121

First of all, that looks to be in pretty good condition.  Secondly, Audezes come with both single-ended (1/4" TRS) and Balanced (4-pin XLR) cables, so both should be there.

Here are a few additional tips:

• Ask him where the wood care stuff is.  LCD-XCs come with a little bottle of wood care solution and a polishing cloth.  It's not a dealbreaker if he doesn't have it, as you can always get more.  But if he's only used the headphones once, I highly doubt he used up all of the wood care polish.
  • If you do decide to buy it, please ask him to remove the foam insert that typically sits between the cups.  That thing pushes against the driver in both cups and is STUPID as it could damage the drivers!
  • Bring some complex music to test the drivers with, being careful to spot distortion before you buy.

Other than that, happy hunting! 
smile.gif

So how do I remove the foam?  

And I have a bit of a problem in that my big ears are actually touching the plastic grill inside the headphones.  Wonder if there is a mod to deal with this.  I had a problem with the Mad Dog Pros because of my ear size too.  And I don't have especially great hearing or the ability to fly - which kinda sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back