Introducing Vokyl & The Erupt Headset
Aug 6, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #391 of 403
You're just making up for the corner-cutting they did, and you can use the ModMic/desk mic for any other phones.

GX, cool! Wish I could hear it! It's HD660 (& K712) for me for now =p
I don’t want the extra cable, the whole point of the headset for me is a single cable. You’re spot on, we’re making up for their corner cutting.

The K712 is fantastic for gaming.

Nov 8, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #392 of 403
@theotherjude So. . . . When will Erupt II be announced? I want my version with NO paint again. :thumbsup: :sunglasses: (but this time with a headband that isn't too small and actually stretches)

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #393 of 403
Didn't go through the 27 pages of replies, so pardon me if this was mentioned already.

For those of you frustrated with the custom wiring of the cups requiring custom cables. There is a simple fix.

Just take apart the right-cup using hex 15 bit and take out the driver with the 2.5mm PCB board. The default wiring should be to pin 3 and pin 4. Where 4 is the ground. Simply desolder pin 3 and solder it to pin 2. I copied the wiring from the left-cup. Voila now this headphone takes dual-mono 2.5mm cables!

Beware with this mod, the stock cables will only ever send left-channel to both cups. This is because to make the cable reversible, they wired the left-channel to the same pole on both the left and right-side of the cable. The same is true for the right-channel. (thus the requirement of having the right-cup wired in a non-standard way). All this bull so you can reverse the cable (seriously... who needs this feature???)

If you got aftermarket but non-custom 3 pole cables that worked before, rejoice. Now you actually get left and right channel! Instead of just the left-channel to both cups. (You can check this using the sound mixer in Windows). AFAIK, unless its the hart custom cable, the off the shelf aftermarket cables should not have the weird reversible wiring so it would always send left-channel to both cups. (Sol Republic Master Tracks cable is the one I have been using)

Finally, one cable to rule them all!

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #394 of 403
standard mono 2.5mm cables
Are mono connectors standard, though..? I find mono so bizarre to use in anything, personally. But 3.5 is certainly much more standard than 2.5mm, at least.

Does the mic on the stock cable still work after this mod?

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:33 PM Post #395 of 403
Are mono connectors standard, though..? I find mono so bizarre to use in anything, personally. But 3.5 is certainly much more standard than 2.5mm, at least.

Does the mic on the stock cable still work after this mod?
Sorry if that is confusing. By mono I meant the 2 pole 2.5mm that connects to the two cups. They are mono 2 pole 2.5mm. The end that connects to your audio source should be either 3.5mm stereo or 4.4mm/2.5mm balanced.

The mic will work because the mic is connected to the pole that is always used for microphones when it is using a 4 pole connector. Should work fine plugged into a combo jack on laptops, you will need a splitter for desktops that have separate headphone and mic ports.

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #396 of 403
By mono I meant the 2 pole 2.5mm
Yes; mono = TS = 2-pole.

2.5mm TS is even more bizarre/non-standard than 3.5mm TS, since 2.5mm is almost always used as a balanced TRRS connector! Strange move by Vokyl, anyway.

Apr 23, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #397 of 403
Yes; mono = TS = 2-pole.

2.5mm TS is even more bizarre/non-standard than 3.5mm TS, since 2.5mm is almost always used as a balanced TRRS connector! Strange move by Vokyl, anyway.
🤷‍♂️ By standard I meant standard in terms of how 2.5mm TS is used for connecting cables to earcups. If that is triggering you, I will edit my post.

Some other headphones also use 2.5mm TS for the cups, don't ask me why. They just do.. So it is quite a common cable to have. Dual 2.5mm mono cable to 3.5mm stereo/4.4mm balanced. I wouldn't use 2.5mm balanced unless I absolutely have to. They break quite easily.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #400 of 403
Aug 10, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #401 of 403
I need to replace my Vokyl erupts cable. But I can’t find one that works. I don’t need a mic attached. I’m lease help.
I actually have my spare 4.4mm cable for the balanced wiring and I don't use it (I don't have my Erupt anymore), it literally catches dust in my wardrobe. Tell me if you (or anyone else) need it.
95AE9780-CC3C-4932-ABF6-EA1C4A4AB638.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #403 of 403
Keeping mine still, yep. Modhouse Tungsten and RAAL CA-1a have my eye, now, though. And IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back