INTRODUCING......TWag v2!!!
Feb 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM Post #106 of 111

Quote:
what's really amazing, in the end, is that even with the LOD, I'm still running this off of the ipod's DAC.  While the dream would be to use a separate DAC, I'm not ready to walk around with such a bulky set-up as that which ALO will soon be offering (ipod plus headphone amp PLUS dac - way too much).   I can only imagine how good the jh13 plus twag om v.2 plus a great DAC would sound.   Now I'm curious to hear how this all will sound once i get to 300 hours or so on the V.2....

not to sound like a broken record, but the thing that i'm really pleased with with the v.2 (besides its looks) is that it is actually comfortable.  i was worried that it wouldn't be, but the lack of a memory wire is absolutely no problem.  very comfortable to wear.

Yea, I forgot to mention the exceptional ergonomics, and the looks are extremely classy!  

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:51 AM Post #107 of 111
My TWag v2 3 pin balanced to RSA balanced came in yesterday. I have it running between my meridian and the SR71B. First let me say the construction is great. The cyro-parts XLRs are excellent as always.

I am using TWag v1 balance adapter from the SR71B to the TWag v1 cable for my HE-5.

I must say everything is synergizing well.

Thanks Whiplash Audio and Cyro-parts for great products.

Mar 3, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #109 of 111
Hmm I am just curious if there is any reason for current owner of V1 to upgrade to V2? As in, is the increment in SQ enough to justify getting a new piece of V2 Twag OM (Retail at USD300+)?

May 20, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #111 of 111
I have purchased a balanced cable with cryoparts xlrs for my sennheiser hd 600.This is definitely the best cable i've ever tried with my headphone.It really unleash all the potential of the hd 600.I have defoamed both drivers
I have an astonishing piece of gear called hpba2s by Qes labs a reference headphone monitoring system
that works totally balanced with costant current drive technology.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/qes-labs-hpba-2-balanced-headphone-amplifier/reviews/4658

My dac is made by mytek and my interconnects are Cardas Golden Reference xlr.
The twag v2 cable has properly enhanced clarity,speed on transients,frequency estension.
The hd 600 has just glorious sound now.
I come from the pro audio world.I'm a mastering engineer.
I don't need to tell you that i use this setup to check my masters before delivering them to the replication plant.
I do believe that cables make a difference.I've tried a lot of headphones aftermarket cables.Really.

This is definetely the best of the bunch!

So to all the people that own a hd650 or hd 600 please do yourself a favour:Get a whiplash twag v2 cable for your headphones.
You won't regret it.Highly recommended!!

Note: I am not paid or in any way affiliated with Whiplash audio.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back