Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Oct 4, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #4,096 of 4,830
Cheers guys, but I'm good. Foam tips could indeed work but I don't use em. Kombis too but by the time I get some I may well have traded the Delta in. Too many other options in the meantime to worry.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #4,097 of 4,830
My bluetooth lanyards turns up yesterday and I have to say, they are fantastic...with only one negative. The cable is far, far, far too long. Sound quality and connectivity is great. But the cable length is genuinely putting me off using it. I would absolutely believe you if you told me that the factory has misunderstood the design and accidentally produced it like that.

If I hook it over my ears then the plastic centre part that houses the batter - the bit that's I guess is supposed to sit on the bottom of the neck - sits in the middle of my back, below my shoulder blades! And it would sit even lower if I didn't wear the cable of the ear and wasn't fairly tall. If I sit the centre part at the base of the neck then the cables to the two ear-pieces flap around over my shoulders and the remote / mic sits against my collar bones.

I'll stick with it for a few days and see if I get used to it, but IMO they could have comfortably taken 5-8cm off of the length of each side above the remote and it would have been perfect.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #4,098 of 4,830
My bluetooth lanyards turns up yesterday and I have to say, they are fantastic...with only one negative. The cable is far, far, far too long. Sound quality and connectivity is great. But the cable length is genuinely putting me off using it. I would absolutely believe you if you told me that the factory has misunderstood the design and accidentally produced it like that.

If I hook it over my ears then the plastic centre part that houses the batter - the bit that's I guess is supposed to sit on the bottom of the neck - sits in the middle of my back, below my shoulder blades! And it would sit even lower if I didn't wear the cable of the ear and wasn't fairly tall. If I sit the centre part at the base of the neck then the cables to the two ear-pieces flap around over my shoulders and the remote / mic sits against my collar bones.

I'll stick with it for a few days and see if I get used to it, but IMO they could have comfortably taken 5-8cm off of the length of each side above the remote and it would have been perfect.

If you need the cable adjusting just get in touch and we can do that for you no problem.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #4,099 of 4,830
If you need the cable adjusting just get in touch and we can do that for you no problem.

That's great Bob, I really appreciate the fast response (which I wasn't looking for by the way). As I said, I'll stick with it for a day or two (I guess you guys made it this long for a good reason) and if it's still a nuisance then I'll drop you an email.

Also, can you confirm; is the lanyard only capable of pairing with a single Bluetooth device? So if, for example, I want to use with an iPhone some of the time and a DAP some of the time, I will need to "forget" and repair the lanyard?

Thanks
LJ

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #4,100 of 4,830

That's great Bob, I really appreciate the fast response (which I wasn't looking for by the way). As I said, I'll stick with it for a day or two (I guess you guys made it this long for a good reason) and if it's still a nuisance then I'll drop you an email.

Also, can you confirm; is the lanyard only capable of pairing with a single Bluetooth device? So if, for example, I want to use with an iPhone some of the time and a DAP some of the time, I will need to "forget" and repair the lanyard?

Thanks
LJ

Well, one cannot argue with that service
beyersmile.png

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #4,101 of 4,830
  Well, one cannot argue with that service
beyersmile.png

Absolutely not.

Makes me feel even more pleased about having the Atlas Delta on order and having backed the Phantom Air campaign
atsmile.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #4,102 of 4,830

Thanks

LJ

You can pair to another device too.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #4,103 of 4,830
You can pair to another device too.

Hmmm, not sure what I'm doing wrong them because turning it on and holding the MF button gives me the blue / red light flash once and then it connects to the first device without going into pairing mode no matter how long I hold the button.

Will try again with the first device switched off, but maybe this is something that could be made more clear in the instruction document.

Thanks again.
LJ

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #4,104 of 4,830

That cable sounds very long. Can you give us a measurement on its length?

I am pretty short and if it's that long it will hang down to the middle of my back or mid torso.

Oct 5, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #4,105 of 4,830
Just to confirm; I was able to pair the second device by switching the Bluetooth off on device 1, switching the lanyard on into pairing mode, pairing device 2 and then switching the Bluetooth back on on device 1. All works great.

Oct 5, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #4,106 of 4,830
That cable sounds very long. Can you give us a measurement on its length?

I am pretty short and if it's that long it will hang down to the middle of my back or mid torso.

I'm on the road now but will see if I can find something to measure with.

I did very roughly (using the side of a notebook :D) measure the section of cable from the remote to each earpiece and it was circa 27-28cm. From the centre part to the bottom of each remote must have been around 6-7cm. So double that, plus the size of the 2 remotes and the centre part. I'm guessing just short of a metre end to end.

If Bob doesn't get chance to give the exact measurements then I'll try and remember to measure when I get home at the end of the week.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #4,107 of 4,830
Just to confirm; I was able to pair the second device by switching the Bluetooth off on device 1, switching the lanyard on into pairing mode, pairing device 2 and then switching the Bluetooth back on on device 1. All works great.

Seems like the only issue you have is you were trying to pair more than one device at a time, but now that you've done only a single device at a time, it's fine. Good to hear! How's the weight? I recall a user was asking about how much it weighed since it's basically a small battery on the back of your neck.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #4,108 of 4,830
Seems like the only issue you have is you were trying to pair more than one device at a time, but now that you've done only a single device at a time, it's fine. Good to hear! How's the weight? I recall a user was asking about how much it weighed since it's basically a small battery on the back of your neck.

Weighs next to nothing. Certainly no more than the Westone Bluetooth cable (3x the price) and, frankly, doesn't weigh noticeably more than a decent, thick cable and jack when hanging.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:47 AM Post #4,109 of 4,830
I'm on the road now but will see if I can find something to measure with.

I did very roughly (using the side of a notebook :D) measure the section of cable from the remote to each earpiece and it was circa 27-28cm. From the centre part to the bottom of each remote must have been around 6-7cm. So double that, plus the size of the 2 remotes and the centre part. I'm guessing just short of a metre end to end.

If Bob doesn't get chance to give the exact measurements then I'll try and remember to measure when I get home at the end of the week.

If it's really close to one meter that's ridiculously long, haven't measured the one I've got but I doubt its longer than 40 cm.

Edit : just to be clear, my Lanyard hasn't arrived yet so the one I've got is another brand.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #4,110 of 4,830
If it's really close to one meter that's ridiculously long, haven't measured the one I've got but I doubt its longer than 40 cm.

Edit : just to be clear, my Lanyard hasn't arrived yet so the one I've got is another brand.

Just looked at my one from the kickstarter and it's around 700mm laid out end to end (including battery box and all controls) but Bob has said they will shorten if needed.

I was originally going to take them up on this but now I think the extra length will help keep it under my shirt when I go out for a run, will have to check when I next go out (may be a while I'm being very unfit at the moment!).

Not got a tape measure handy but the corded distance from the control box to each iem is the same length as shoe so around 300mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back