Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 18, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #3,918 of 4,830
Bob,

After some messing around with the Vyrus which I reveived a couple of days ago, I'm definitely digging the Gold filter without dampening. I'm using it with the double-flanges at the moment, but also am digging a pair of Comply T-200/400's (both work well) with the Vyrus. I really like the Gold filter as it seems to offer a very good balanced soundstage and neutral sound. Like a very shallow V sound signature. I really like it. It's crazy how much sound these tiny IEMs offer. The Comply tip is way bigger than the whole IEM, yet it pumps out some extremely good sound. I've tried with a FiiO E10K for music/movies as well as a Creative Omni for movies/gaming. All of which sounds exceptional with the Vyrus.

While the Gold overall sounds the best, the gunmetal that the Vyrus comes with by default is really nice for music. I'm more of an EDM / hip hop / rock side of music listening, so the punchier bass delivered in the gunmetal filter is a welcome addition to music listening. To be quite frank, pre-ordering in March and expecting the Vyrus in a month or two after pre-order, the wait until August was long. But I'm glad the wait was this long, because the filters and overall package for this price range of an IEM was well worth the wait. 

With a pre-order and head-fi discount on my order these things ended up being like $35-40, which for the price there is absolutely nothing I could see on the market offering the same quality of sound.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on Trinity in the future when I plan on upgrading to something up the product chain from you.

I'll be leaving a more detailed review after a few more days, but so far I am more than impressed - this coming from somebody ordering from Trinity for the first time.

Aug 22, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #3,920 of 4,830
For me it shows 115-23=92 for the PM 4 with head-fi discount, just saying!

Think the preorder price went up a few £ after Bob's latest revisions. Still a steal at the Head Fi discount price if the sound quality is as good as everyone is hoping.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #3,922 of 4,830
For me it shows 115-23=92 for the PM 4 with head-fi discount, just saying!

Price went up from 109 to 115 indeed, but still a bargain.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #3,923 of 4,830
bob should up his price more as they arent earning much imo compared to others.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #3,924 of 4,830
  bob should up his price more as they arent earning much imo compared to others.

He could. And he would if it was necessary and there wouldn't be a problem. But right now, it seems that money/profit isn't an issue and that's perfectly in line with him; he's not in it for the money, he just wants to tinker IEMs to his heart's content.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #3,925 of 4,830
I'm assuming the kombi tips Trinity sells fit on their iems without issue (yes, I know but assumption = bad)?  Thinking of getting a vyrus after all the positive reviews here.

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #3,927 of 4,830
I'm assuming the kombi tips Trinity sells fit on their iems without issue (yes, I know but assumption = bad)?  Thinking of getting a vyrus after all the positive reviews here.

Yes, no tip-rolling required. Though you gotta be careful with them as the foam tends to slip out of the silicone.

Aug 24, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #3,929 of 4,830
  Any updates on Phantom Master 4 shipping? I'm eager to test a new toy.

pls be patient. @Bobtrinity and the team are working extremely hard for the PM4.
for any order related issues, email jake@trinityaudioengineering.com
thank you!

Aug 24, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #3,930 of 4,830
Does anyone know when the bluetooth cable will be available? The website says preorder and that it will ship July/August but that's almost over. I'm thinking of getting one for my atlas. Bluetooth would eliminate the cable running down which would probably work better for a gym iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back