Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Sep 7, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #2,071 of 4,830
I sold Delta and probably will keep Altone. On Altone I found bass not so strong as on Delta. Also I like bass on Altone much more, is fuller and have better texture for me.
Build quality is similar, much better cable on Delta.

I agree with the assessment vs Altone. However, the strain relief on the Delta is insufficient. I feel the cable is going to break sooner or later.

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #2,072 of 4,830
So my Deltas arrived this morning. OOB, I love these things. No pro reviewer here, but using the gunmetal filters and the larger black foamies (are they Comply? If not, I need more of them, they really give me the best fit and sound), they are as good as it gets in this price range from my limited experience. I have some ADDIEMs here and some Monster Miles Davis Trumpets (a very good IEM if you got them cheap on ebay). I've tried some other IEMs but always returned  or sold them (including the Aurisonic Rockets).

I also have a dozen under $40 IEMs on hand, but none of them of course compete with the Deltas.

I am just listening from my iPhone 6+ with the KaiserTone app,which I also think is great. No EQ. My Headphone playlist (the songs I know best) sound fantastic with the Deltas, stuff like Buena (Morphine), Busting Up A Starbucks (Mike Doughty), Cassandra Wilson (and other female vocalists), and the #1 headphone tryout track, Hotel California, Hell Freezes Over variety.

So very happy with this KS purchase. Too bad I don't need full-sized phones (content with the Fidelio X1).

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #2,074 of 4,830
cool.gif
BOB, once again MANY Thanx. I now have a pair of Hyperion coming. They don't have the Rolex logo on them, so I guess the GOLD PLATING will have to do....

I feel so.... Upper-Crusty.
biggrin.gif

It's nice not to be a Peasant anymore. Please Pass the Grey Poupon....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Sep 7, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #2,076 of 4,830

cool.gif
BOB, once again MANY Thanx. I now have a pair of Hyperion coming. They don't have the Rolex logo on them, so I guess the GOLD PLATING will have to do....

I feel so.... Upper-Crusty.
biggrin.gif

It's nice not to be a Peasant anymore. Please Pass the Grey Poupon....

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

I grabbed a pair of those the other day they look very nice, it was so I could them apart from my husbands and not because they looked pretty ofc....... :p

Sep 7, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #2,077 of 4,830
They are indeed gorgeous.  My wife loves hers!

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #2,078 of 4,830
  They're sort of in between.  For smaller ears (my daughters) they fit perfectly circumaural.  With mine - they're on ear, but not far away from being fully circumaural.

The pads on the prototype are fixed - but Bob tells me that the intention is to have them interchangeable with slightly larger, and also velour.

So i imagine they are slightly bigger the size of sennheiser hd 25 or beyerdinamic 750/1350... am i right? Will they sound better? (i don't know if you have ever tried that models, just for trying)

They really look great BTW. Would love them standing raw on the final design, without big logos or any kind of tuning lines....

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #2,079 of 4,830
I sold Delta and probably will keep Altone. On Altone I found bass not so strong as on Delta. Also I like bass on Altone much more, is fuller and have better texture for me.
Build quality is similar, much better cable on Delta.

Quote:
I agree with the assessment vs Altone. However, the strain relief on the Delta is insufficient. I feel the cable is going to break sooner or later.

Thanks guys. I think that i've read something bad, because i had imagined that the Delta' had a significant weaker bass, now i understand that they are stronger (taht means they kick stronger?) but not so full and precise (less, let's say, bass ground??) 

@nmatheis, i've seen that you've tried the three i'm looking at (t20's, 200's & Delta's). Considering i share almost all the music tastes you exhibit on your profile, i would like to know, if you don't mind, which ones do you prefer for their SQ. I've almost discarded the RHA's, but Osiris1 and pietro77 have made my doubts bigger between the 200's and the Delta's (and now is when you say that t20's are the winner of the pack and i retire to a monastery...)

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #2,080 of 4,830
Just curious, how would you describe the sound (or sound signature) of the hyperion's coming from someone that has been using the RE400's? 
And how do the Delta's stack up with the big boys (RE 400, GR07CCE, DUNU DN1000)? Thanks guys, and i hope Bob's project goes a long way. 

Sep 7, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #2,081 of 4,830

So i imagine they are slightly bigger the size of sennheiser hd 25 or beyerdinamic 750/1350... am i right? Will they sound better? (i don't know if you have ever tried that models, just for trying)

They really look great BTW. Would love them standing raw on the final design, without big logos or any kind of tuning lines....

I'm going to be writing an impressions / mini review (hopefully by the weekend), and I'll measure the default cups I have.  Bob can then bring you up to date with the other sizes as they are developed.

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #2,084 of 4,830

Not sure if this helps - difficult to get consistent depth on the coupler - especially with the Ostry tips - but I took several readings, and they were consistent.

Ostry tips arrived! First impressions are that the tonality becomes slightly darker and less fatiguing. With the blutack off, the tips reduced bass boominess but also the soundstage a little. Bass seems to become 'faster' and punchier, though it's probably just faster (enforced) decay.

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #2,085 of 4,830
I was thinking about backing the sports IEM's, but pulled the trigger on some Delta's instead: great little guys for listening at work/at home on the couch/while traveling.
Thanks for appreciating us Kickstarter backers @Bobtrinity: felt like I robbed you again
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back