Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 24, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #1,816 of 4,830
  I got some Deltas off of Amazon three weeks ago and have got to say that the sound quality of these is fantastic. BUT the cable is already separating from the left earpiece - I can see bare wire at the connection point. I've really been trying to treat them carefully but to no avail. I guess I'll have to return these and I'm just not sure if I can pull the trigger on another pair.

Are we talking the same Trinity Delta?  As far as I know - the only pair I've seen on Amazon has been a used pair.  They have only just (almost) finished shipping the Kickstarter orders - so I really doubt you could have purchased a genuine Trinity Delta 3 weeks ago form Amazon.

Also - the genuine one's cord is designed in such a way that it would be unlikely to fail like that - especially at the strain relief.  Can you post pictures?  

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,817 of 4,830
I won't talk too much about the mod I mentioned before as it may sound silly and worthless for some of you. However I want to share my detailed impressions on them.

I tried this mod again with my pair to see if I'm really imagening or not. First I removed the toothpick with a needle on the left side and kept the right side blocked. I put them on and listened them again. What I heard was the the sound was panning slightly to the left side (unblocked side) and became bassy. Then I inserted the toothpick into the left earpiece again without removing them from my ear. :D   Yes, I am that talented. 

Once I blocked the vent with the toothpick again the bass decreased significantly like going from basshead IEM to a balanced one almost being a little bit mid forward  gaining some quality and loosing some impact in bass but more of a mid-bass than sub-bass I guess. The mids come forward, became more detailed and clear and the treble lost some presence, became thinner and colder.

If you ask me if the difference is big enough to try it. My answer would be definitely yes! I think it is worth a try if you find them a bit bass heavy and muffled. :wink:

Cheers,
I did the toothpick mod. yesterday & I thought it improved the overall sound. Thanks "ozkan" for the tip.

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #1,819 of 4,830

Are we talking the same Trinity Delta?  As far as I know - the only pair I've seen on Amazon has been a used pair.  They have only just (almost) finished shipping the Kickstarter orders - so I really doubt you could have purchased a genuine Trinity Delta 3 weeks ago form Amazon.

Also - the genuine one's cord is designed in such a way that it would be unlikely to fail like that - especially at the strain relief.  Can you post pictures?  

I actually do recall seeing the Delta on Amazon US under the Trinity Audio Engineering store while I was waiting for mine to arrive a couple weeks back, I was kind of shocked since even I only just got mine at that point. It was $120 with Prime shipping and was labeled with X number left in stock in red. The next day, it was gone. Techne was there though, also with limited stock and for a bit under $80 with Prime shipping and the Hyperion was also limited stock for a couple days at around $40. Still, I've been using my Hyperions and Deltas for a couple weeks, treated them well and no build issues yet. What are these phantom items that showed up on Amazon???
eek.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #1,820 of 4,830
Good question - I'll leave Bob to answer that one.  I would like photos of the fault though.  I've had my Deltas far longer than anyone else - and I've had zero issues with the cable .....

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #1,821 of 4,830

I actually do recall seeing the Delta on Amazon US under the Trinity Audio Engineering store while I was waiting for mine to arrive a couple weeks back, I was kind of shocked since even I only just got mine at that point. It was $120 with Prime shipping and was labeled with X number left in stock in red. The next day, it was gone. Techne was there though, also with limited stock and for a bit under $80 with Prime shipping and the Hyperion was also limited stock for a couple days at around $40. Still, I've been using my Hyperions and Deltas for a couple weeks, treated them well and no build issues yet. What are these phantom items that showed up on Amazon???
eek.gif

The Techne is actually in stock right now and only $59.00 at the time of this posting, which I think is pretty close to the Kickstarter price. There's only 16 left in stock, though.

Aug 24, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #1,822 of 4,830
Aug 24, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #1,823 of 4,830

I see someone else jumped in and mentioned seeing them on Amazon as well. They were definitely sold as new and definitely sold by Trinity Audio Engineering.

Here's two shots - the close-up is blurry but you can see the bare wire.

It's a shame, I *love* the sound of these.

Aug 24, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #1,824 of 4,830
Thanks for that.  The sleeving has actually been pulled right out of the socket. Question - when you've been removing them from your ears. have you been pulling on the cable to get them out? Anyway - suggest you  talk to Bob about it. As you'll probably be aware, I've had mine far longer than most here, used them pretty much daily since I got them - and so far the cables are pretty much still pristine (not quite as tightly curled - but no issues).

Definitely see what Bob has to say.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #1,825 of 4,830
  I won't talk too much about the mod I mentioned before as it may sound silly and worthless for some of you. However I want to share my detailed impressions on them.

I tried this mod again with my pair to see if I'm really imagening or not. First I removed the toothpick with a needle on the left side and kept the right side blocked. I put them on and listened them again. What I heard was the the sound was panning slightly to the left side (unblocked side) and became bassy. Then I inserted the toothpick into the left earpiece again without removing them from my ear.
biggrin.gif
  Yes, I am that talented. 

Once I blocked the vent with the toothpick again the bass decreased significantly like going from basshead IEM to a balanced one almost being a little bit mid forward  gaining some quality and loosing some impact in bass but more of a mid-bass than sub-bass I guess. The mids come forward, became more detailed and clear and the treble lost some presence, became thinner and colder.

If you ask me if the difference is big enough to try it. My answer would be definitely yes! I think it is worth a try if you find them a bit bass heavy and muffled. 
wink.gif

Cheers,

I tried that yesterday as well, by plugging the holes with blu-tac. The reduction in bass boom was definitely noticeable and that treble peak sounded like it shifted to the mids slightly. Just to ensure that I wasn't again under the influence of (flu) drugs, I peeled off the blu-tac on one of the sides without pulling out the shell and lo and behold the BOOOM was back. I guess we can say that @ozkan's bassport sealing mod has been validated then. 
ksc75smile.gif
 Now the next step would be the difference in timbre between timber and blu-tac. Too bad the soundstage depth is slightly compromised without the boom. Anyway, could get used to either so cheers for thinking up this easily reversible tweak!

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #1,829 of 4,830
  Thanks for that.  The sleeving has actually been pulled right out of the socket. Question - when you've been removing them from your ears. have you been pulling on the cable to get them out? Anyway - suggest you  talk to Bob about it. As you'll probably be aware, I've had mine far longer than most here, used them pretty much daily since I got them - and so far the cables are pretty much still pristine (not quite as tightly curled - but no issues).

Definitely see what Bob has to say.

No, I never pull them out by the cable. I've got IEMs that I've used on and off for three or four years. I'm willing to accept that I got a bum pair, it happens. Maybe when I was swapping tips I gripped them oddly or something. They're packed up and ready to go back to Amazon tomorrow.

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #1,830 of 4,830

No, I never pull them out by the cable. I've got IEMs that I've used on and off for three or four years. I'm willing to accept that I got a bum pair, it happens. Maybe when I was swapping tips I gripped them oddly or something. They're packed up and ready to go back to Amazon tomorrow.

Are you organising a replacement - or simply returning them?

If its a straight return, and you really like them - I'd still let Bob know.  he may be able to do a deal based on the Head-Fi discount ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back