Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering
Aug 24, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #1,786 of 4,830
Delta%20FR.jpg

Bass (silver) and balanced (gunmetal) filter really don't different by much, though I do prefer balance more. The treble filter (purple) on the other hand has too big a bass roll-off for my taste.

No wonder I find the bass overwhelming :wink:

I agree with you on the purple filters as well.

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #1,790 of 4,830
ClieOS, thanks for the Frequency response graph. Is it compensated & averaged plot or raw data?
I just used your graph and crudely superimposed the Harman target response curve (green line).
Seems like there is quite a bit of bump in bass area.  

Please forgive my ignorance if warranted, but why aren't you superimposing the HK curve at 1kHz?

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #1,791 of 4,830
Also note that Tyll's graphs go 10 Hz - 100kHz on the scale.  ClieOS graph is quite squashed so the peaks look a lot bigger.  It's a matter of perspective .....

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:34 AM Post #1,792 of 4,830
Same 3 filters - I still need to calibrate my microphone properly - but the relative curves should be pretty good ......

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #1,793 of 4,830
And here is Delta (Gun Metal) vs DN2000J - same rig, same set-up, same tips, same volume - so completely relative

Doesn't look quite so different now - huh
wink.gif

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #1,795 of 4,830
Haha you are having a lot of fun don't you? I was just trying to help people who don't like Hyperion's stock sound and I think they aren't as much loved as Deltas as the impressions are pouring only for Delta which have filter system.

Anyway I wouldn't post my impressions if I didn't hear any improvement in sound. If you wanna know more about me, please check the dedicated ATH-IM threads for the mods I've posted. Everyone is free to try but even it doesn't sound logical that doesn't mean you can mess with me. 

Btw, I deleted my last post. Toothpick or whatever but I really hated the Hyperion and was about to sell mine if I hadn't tried to mod them. To sum it up I was going to sell both of my Hyperions but I'm keeping them now. Sorry if sounded rude or offense. :wink:  

Cheers,
Ozkan

Hey man, I just jumped on the 'crazy mods' train buy can assure you that it wasn't malicious. In fact I didn't even realise it was in jest to your post.

I've stated before that I want to try your toothpick mod but as is I can't shake off the fear of the toothpick breaking off inside the shell..

Aug 24, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #1,796 of 4,830
Yep - this if from my review (written well before I took these graphs)

DN-2000J vs Trinity Delta

These two are a lot closer with overall balance.  Bass on both is very similar in overall balance, with the Delta being slightly looser – whereas the DN-2000J has more speed. The Delta’s pitch is slightly higher with female vocals and slightly thinner overall with male vocals.  Both are very clean and clear.

I guess if you were looking at the graphs - the comment on female pitch being higher would be when heard relative to the 500Hz-2Khz section (it's slightly thinner so the higher pitch feels more accentuated relatively)

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #1,797 of 4,830
And Hyperion - with and without vent open

I didn't have a toothpick - so I closed it with bluetack.

Definitely changes the sound slightly - bass is a little softer, and as a result you get more relative mid-range.

I could live with either.

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,798 of 4,830
Random discovery that the KZ black tips cut down that treble peak surprisingly well! I'm using the small ones now and inserting deep. Either that or my cold meds are messing with my hearing..

Edit: changed back to stock tips and there was abit more bite there. Ok wasn't dreaming at least.

Aug 24, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #1,800 of 4,830
  I reported some time ago that my Hyperion arrived with a bent right-angled connector and I have no response :frowning2:

Did you try actually contacting Trinity on their contact form - http://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/pages/contact-us ?

Just IME - but Bob and his crew have been pretty good at getting back to customers - and this is despite being incredibly busy with the Kickstarter sales, organisation and delivery.  If you have tried their contact form, just send Bob a PM here. I'm sure he'll make things right 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back