Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA
Aug 29, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #62 of 613
It's all good, don't worry - I can see how some might think me trolling. But I just ask a lot of questions and don't accept things easily, that's all - it's a character trait and I am at heart sceptical and require persuasion.

In terms of mic vs non-mic IEMs, I fear you're fighting a losing battle there these days if you only want the latter. The tide is for smartphones as the preferred source of portable music, so I can see a time soon when pretty much all IEMs and portable headphones above a certain cost will have in-line mic controls.

Personally, I've never had an issue with them, even when I haven't had a smartphone myself. Now that I do, I find the ability to take calls and stop music and change tracks a real value-added feature.

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #63 of 613
His a troll
wink.gif

I'm not sure what's worse... that you called him a troll, or the use of such incredibly bad grammar. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #64 of 613
Wow fantastic. These guys really know how to make IEM. I have had the 750 for a long time now and it is built like a tank. 
beerchug.gif

Aug 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #66 of 613
 i said it some where , i wanna save $20 for sure , why to pay for a thing you dont want .

I can't believe anyone would even care about there not being a non-mic version! Seriously, who wants less functionality rather than more?

Besides, It would probably cost more to make 2 different models, due to economies of scale, thus driving prices up.

And anyway, who knows whether you'll need that mic function in the future? You never know - you might find a smartphone in your hand one day, and take the plunge.... Or indeed want to sell the IEMs on - in which case, much easier to sell a mic'd version than a non-mic'd.

I care like many,who is an serious music listener and wont use any of my iems/hps for calls....stock headset does the justice to me.....:regular_smile :

The model # may be different and the cables, but the ear-pieces are same for both non-mic & mic versions...Infact the assembly process is same,just solder the 2 wires with the drivers,per ear-piece.....I think you,being a business analyst/economist,thought there might be additional man hours involved in assembling the two versions? So your study stat? :evil: Its only the 3.5mm TRRS jack and electronic that makes the mic versions costlier to non-mic ones and this price difference could save sone $20 for the non-mic users like me ,who also dont need the mics..... :wink:

And thx for commending but again the first sentence is still quite the same answer....so I dont need to sell the version that I dont own....:D

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #68 of 613
I care like many,who is an serious music listener and wont use any of my iems/hps for calls....stock headset does the justice to me.....
regular_smile .gif

The model # may be different and the cables, but the ear-pieces are same for both non-mic & mic versions...Infact the assembly process is same,just solder the 2 wires with the drivers,per ear-piece.....I think you,being a business analyst/economist,thought there might be additional man hours involved in assembling the two versions? So your study stat?
evil_smiley.gif
Its only the 3.5mm TRRS jack and electronic that makes the mic versions costlier to non-mic ones and this price difference could save sone $20 for the non-mic users like me ,who also dont need the mics.....
wink.gif

And thx for commending but again the first sentence is still quite the same answer....so I dont need to sell the version that I dont own....
biggrin.gif

Personally I never use isolating earphones for calls, but I do like the volume control on the wire.

I'm curious, so this question goes out to headphone retailers and makers. For sets that sell one version without controls and a second version with controls, what is the percentage breakdown?

Thanks,

Allan

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #69 of 613
@Hungryhoss I think what the people are implying is that a mic is not a necessity to them as they may not receive the amount of calls to justify the extra burden to them. Also. not everyone may prefer a headphone wired call over a hands on call style and this is subjective to personal preference thus making the mic redundant to some people and may not justify the extra costs! 

Aug 29, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #70 of 613
@Hungryhoss
 I think what the people are implying is that a mic is not a necessity to them as they may not receive the amount of calls to justify the extra burden to them. Also. not everyone may prefer a headphone wired call over a hands on call style and this is subjective to personal preference thus making the mic redundant to some people and may not justify the extra costs! 

Shawn71 implied that those serious about music would not use headphones with a mic because they don't need the mic. There would be two reasons to care about a mic/volume control on the headphones. 1 is the added weight. 2 is the potential for a degraded signal. Remember, there are people that feel a $900 cable can actually sound better than a $300 cable! To these people the inline controls may detract from the sound.

Mostly I think it's a combination of audio snobbery and a desire not to have to pay $20 more.

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #72 of 613
For this price, why would anyone care for a detachable cable? I owned a MA750i and I'm very happy with it as my go-everywhere iem when a ciem is not suitable...will definitely check these out

Aug 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #73 of 613
Don't understand what's all the debate about a mic version vs a non-mic version. Don't RHA make both version for their MA750? The mic-version that I owned is named MA750i, so you're likely to see both version in the shop soon, or could it be that RHA have found their non-mic version don't sell as well so they're not bothered with them this time around

Aug 29, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #74 of 613
  Ditto...I'll never spend over $75 on IEMs with fixed cables. Never ever ever, unless they have a 5 year warranty, because that's about how long my first pair of SE215s lasted until I demolished them by stepping on the nozzle; probably would've gotten another 2-3 years out of them at least, and I went through 3 cables in the process. So yeah, screw $100+ IEMs without detachable cables. It's honestly just straight up greedy of any successful company not to provide this for such expensive EARPHONES.

I don't think the SE215 has even been out for five years; it's more like four, with most availability at around three years. In many ways, IEMs with detachable cables are less durable. The MMCX connectors on the SE215 are susceptible to connection failures and center pin bending, all of which are troublesome for both the user and costly for the manufacturer.

Greedy is a relative word. The SE215 might provide removable cables, but the margins they make off it are most likely higher than those of the T10i. Just food for thought. The fact that RHA provides a three-year warranty means that they're confident in the build quality of their product. Comparatively, the Shure has a two-year warranty. So, over a three year period (some head-fiers don't even stick with one IEM for three months, let alone three years), if that non-detachable cable breaks, RHA would be liable to replace it. I don't see how that's so greedy. Now, if they came out with a three-month warranty, it's a different story.

Exactly...I can be quite rough with my go-everywhere iem and my SE425 didn't last me more than 9 months before the connector pins were damaged beyond repair. My 750i is holding up way better than I could have asked for after near 6 months of ownership *touch wood* so yeah RHA earphones are solidly made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back