Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Feb 13, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #653 of 989
Many portable devices exist (I am looking at ifi as an option due to Mqa support and their custom filter) but I would be more inclined to questyle because the design/filter choices are better aligned with my preferences (except for being not battery powered)

Feb 13, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #654 of 989
@kmmbd So glad that we've been able to make a product that really stands in a class of its own. That's our goal as a company, and it's so satisfying to hear back that we are slowly accomplishing what we set out to do ❤️

@SlydZ Thanks for the response. A couple other detailed questions, just to clarify?
1. So you haven't experienced any EMI/noise issues with the iPad mini, at all? Does your iPad mini have a SIM card installed or not?
2. You said "disabling the mobile data helped" — do you mean that when you disabled mobile data on the iPhone 13 Pro, the EMI/noise issues went away entirely? Or the noise became quieter? Or the noise/EMI happened less frequently?
I'm not sure if you're still active on here but Tidal updated their app today and the drop outs, pops and clicks are now back during playback on the Samsung Flip 4 while using the M15. In addition to the drop outs that occur whenever a new window is opened, that one has never been solved since the newest Android version dropped in Oct.

Feb 17, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #655 of 989
Hey everyone, apologies for the delayed response here! We are still getting back into the groove of things after Chinese New Year (happy Rabbit year btw!)

@rocketron @manueljenkin We are indeed in the process of designing the successor to the M15, no planned launch date yet, but yes, these are both things we are very carefully considering to add to the product. Great minds think alike 😉

@petyasb Did you get your issue worked out, or is it still persisting?

@damascato Yes, just as @borkenarrou and @AlexCBSN said, virtually every portable phone-powered dongle on the market is susceptible to RFI/EMI/noise of this nature, to some degree. The source and the probability of this issue is hard to pinpoint in a definitive way, as there are so many different phones on the market, and the specific way the M15 integrates into the "phone -> audio source file -> player -> connection cable -> M15 -> headphone" system has so many countless possibilities. It really varies from phone to phone, manufacturer to manufacturer, and even batch to batch. I will say though, that although this issue does certainly exist, I can safely say the solid majority of M15 customers so far have not experienced this issue (or, at least, have not reported it back to us).

What part of the world are you located in @damascato ? If you're curious about the M15, I would encourage you to reach out to your local dealer (I can help you find that) or your local hi-fi community (I can also attempt to help you find that) and see if you can test one out; you could also purchase one off the Questyle official webshop and return it within our "14-day Change of Mind policy" should there be any major issues (more on our return policy here).

@uncletim I personally don't use Tidal on a regular basis so I'm not sure how to advise here, let me check with my colleagues on Monday and see if we have any possible advice/solutions in this regard.

@Mather Let me PM you to ask you some more details about the issues you're continuing to face.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Feb 20, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #659 of 989

Users who are viewing this thread

Back