Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #976 of 988
Apple compatibility with this DAC is something else indeed. I'll let you know when they answer to my inquiry for newer fw.
When it works, it’s so good. But if the firmware got issue, somehow some things just gets broken haha.

I managed to get in contact with one of the support people on their Facebook Page messenger. They managed to provide me the factory firmware for the m15i. So now the official Questyle Lightning cable works with my iPhone once again. And the connectivity is as fast as when i just got the m15i the other day. If you need it, i have DM-ed you about it.

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:22 AM Post #977 of 988
When it works, it’s so good. But if the firmware got issue, somehow some things just gets broken haha.

I managed to get in contact with one of the support people on their Facebook Page messenger. They managed to provide me the factory firmware for the m15i. So now the official Questyle Lightning cable works with my iPhone once again. And the connectivity is as fast as when i just got the m15i the other day. If you need it, i have DM-ed you about it.
Hi Hnafiem,

Could you send the m15i driver to me thanks!

merterbalci@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #978 of 988
This may be a silly question - but will the regular M15 get a firmware upgrade to match the performance of the M15i?

Now to my volume control issues:

I use the M15 and the Cayin RU6 & RU7.

Whilst all sound great, I use the Cayins more due to the volume controllers. Questyle would do very well to invest in a proprietary volume controller app for the M15 and their other devices... Like the iBasso UAC.

On my phone, unless I'm using USB audio player pro (UAPP), I'm stuck with the basic Samsung phone volume rocker where the jump on volume between 3 and 4 is huge and it's not always possible to use UAPP.

On my windows laptop using Wasapi Exclusive on Qobuz I have a similar problem to my phone. I can only use the volume control on my laptop between 2 and 10 out of 100 and the volume jumps between 2 and 10 are too big as well.

Volume control should be a basic thing for hi-res audio listening.

I hope @Questyle can do something to.
address these issues.

If anyone here has any fixes you can recommend, I would appreciate that greatly.

EDIT: Likewise if anyone has been having similar issues it would good to know that it's not just my device/setup.

EDIT 2: Just to clarify I'm generally using the M15 on Low Gain. So that's not the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #979 of 988

Thanks! They still haven't replied to my email. So FB seems to be the way for contacting them.

If anyone here has any fixes you can recommend, I would appreciate that greatly.
Maybe you can lower the volume from your music player app. Like, maybe it has EQ, where you can apply -6db pregain.

Mar 4, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #980 of 988
Last edited:
Mar 4, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #981 of 988
Thanks! They still haven't replied to my email. So FB seems to be the way for contacting them.

Maybe you can lower the volume from your music player app. Like, maybe it has EQ, where you can apply -6db pregain.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm just trying to use the Qobuz Android and Windows apps and control the volume.

There's no native EQ in Qobuz as far as I can tell. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

I have, however just found a random fix for using it on windows. I used Auto Hotkey to change the increments at which the volume changes in my whole laptop when I use my keyboard volume buttons. The default Windows setting is 2 steps per keyboard press (which in itself is strange and annoying - why not make it 1 step by default). I found a script online that enables you to change this to any increment you want. I've set it to 0.25 and can activate that whenever I use the M15 so the volume range 0-10 actually ends up becoming 40 steps instead of just 10.

Hopefully @Questyle can come up with a more elegant solution, and a fix for Android too. But this will keep me going in the meantime on my laptop even though it is a little buggy.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #983 of 988
The leather case for the M15/M15i is available on Amazon US right now... I got one from AliExpress this past fall, and another didn't show up (I have put in a claim for a refund). The US price is higher, but it shows up (and does so much faster).

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #984 of 988
I didn't understand hardware difference of m15i and i pulled the trigger to install the m15i firmware on m15.
And it has become to m15i with full functionality. :rolling_eyes:
Sorry Questyle but that's the truth!

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 19.27.49.png

Mar 18, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #985 of 988
I didn't understand hardware difference of m15i and i pulled the trigger to install the m15i firmware on m15.
And it has become to m15i with full functionality. :rolling_eyes:
Sorry Questyle but that's the truth!

Screenshot 2024-03-18 at 19.27.49.png
If you look at the M15i threads (noted earlier), MQA is not available on the M15i (but was on the M15). Some users are reporting other physical/mechanical and audible differences. I have not compared the sound of my M15 and M15i directly, and don't use MQA so I don't care about that. The USB C ports seem to be tighter on the M15 than on the M15i, which I find a welcome change; they're not loose, but more like all the other USB C ports on all my other hardware. Snug, but not scary tight.

Apr 16, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #987 of 988
Between the new Fiio KA17 and the M15i, which dongle do you guys think is more "reference" and detailed? Is M15i worth the extra $?

From what I could gather the M15 would probably be better for my phone battery.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #988 of 988
Questyle,
As I understand it the chip numbers on the torex devices are the same for the m15 and m15i and also for the m12 and m12i.
That being the case, the"i" designation must refer to something else that was changed / adjusted to allow for the iphone designation, correct ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back