Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #948 of 988
A quick Google search shows no other references to that M15i phrase. But the Questyle page about the M15 (no "i") says this: "TOREX high-efficiency power management ensures low power consumption, no overheating, longer battery life and longer playback."

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #949 of 988
The differences I see in the M15i listing are as follows:

384khz PCM to 768khz PCM support
DSD256 to DSD512 support
3.5mm THD 0.00045% to 0.0003%
4.4mm THD 0.00057% to 0.0003%
FR ±0.1dB(20Hz-20kHz) to ±0.1dB(20Hz-20kHz); ±2dB(20Hz-80kHz) (Unsure if this is any different or just not previously measured to 80kHz)

All in all it would seem that they have either made some manufacturing enhancements to their topology and reduced their price.
Or less likely possability is firmware update magic, but I don't think they would bump down price without hardware changes imho.

Jan 31, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #950 of 988
After purchasing the M15 and finding it excellent, I decided to also get the M12 due to the less pumped bass. Indeed, the two sound signatures are different and perhaps I was right to also get the M12 at a discounted price. If the two new M12i and M15i differ only in decoding capacity I don't think (for me) it's worth trying them. Strange that this launch happened quietly... before at least for the new launches we read something about Head Fi from someone at Questyle... but this time it wasn't like that. It's a shame for a company that produces excellent devices to be so inattentive to customers... never like this time can we talk about genius and recklessness... lol

P.S. the Questyle site on the other hand is the first to ignore new releases...

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:02 PM Post #951 of 988
Unfortunately, the M12i still has the same idiotic design choice of the original M12 in that its gain cannot be adjusted manually (like it can be on the M15 and M15i).

Why Questyle chose to not put a user-adjustable gain switch on the updated M12i is beyond me. :confused::poop::thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2024 at 1:28 PM Post #952 of 988
Unfortunately, the M12i still has the same idiotic design choice of the original M12 in that its gain cannot be adjusted manually (like it can be on the M15 and M15i).

Why Questyle chose to not put a user-adjustable gain switch on the updated M12i is beyond me. :confused::poop::thumbsdown:
By now I've learned to make fun of these impedance adapters since the days of the first LG V series... just connect an adapter without immediately connecting the IEMs and that's it. Or if you don't have adapters, just connect the IEM cable first to the M12 and then insert the IEMs into it. :wink:

Feb 4, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #953 of 988
Feb 13, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #957 of 988
My wife bought an M15 for use with the Aroma Jewel + iPhone 14 Pro. She's getting periodic "static" when listening to songs. Is there a fix for this?
There is a similar problem on the RU7. It was very picky on what cable was used, as the iPhone current limits the output from the USB C lightning to 100mA. The cable that worked, and allowed it to work all the way up to DSD256 (which uses the most power), and not just at DSD64/DSD128, was the DDHiFi MFi07S cable. This cable uses an Apple approved/certified chip that allows higher power output from the Apple.
You may be running into this problem with the M15, where it is drawing more power than the iPhone will allow to be output.

I believe the M15 has lower power requirements, but you may still be running into the power limitation problem.
I have an M15, so I gave it a quick try, on low gain, using a TRN BAX iem, with the MFi07S cable and also a Shanling L3 silver cable. From an iPhone 14Pro Max.
No problems with either cable. I believe the TRN BAX is easy to drive. Your Jewel may require more power.

So take a look at trying different cables.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #958 of 988
In relation to the current, I discovered this as the reason for the M15 being significantly more powerful on PC vs mobile.

Mobile OTG max current = 500mA
Full spec Data USB = up to 2.1A

There are various specs and it will differ between them of course. There are higher amp charging USB protocols. Although, I do not believe they can be utilized without a unique handshake.

Feb 13, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #959 of 988
There is a similar problem on the RU7. It was very picky on what cable was used, as the iPhone current limits the output from the USB C to 100mA. The cable that worked, and allowed it to work all the way up to DSD256 (which uses the most power), and not just at DSD64/DSD128, was the DDHiFi MFi07S cable. This cable uses an Apple approved/certified chip that allows higher power output from the Apple.
You may be running into this problem with the M15, where it is drawing more power than the iPhone will allow to be output.

I believe the M15 has lower power requirements, but you may still be running into the power limitation problem.
I have an M15, so I gave it a quick try, on low gain, using a TRN BAX iem, with the MFi07S cable and also a Shanling L3 silver cable. From an iPhone 14Pro Max.
No problems with either cable. I believe the TRN BAX is easy to drive. Your Jewel may require more power.

So take a look at trying different cables.
That cable is great. The connector design alone is worth the price, especially because the M15 has such a tight USB-C port. And the cable is shielded. I remember reading reports about some other dongles being susceptible to noise/interference because the cables used weren't shielded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back