Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
Jun 26, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #226 of 989
One thing I am beginning to appreciate alot is the decision to include a physical gain switch instead of anything else (e.g. volume switch).

Reason is simple -
1. Almost all sources (phones, laptops etc) now have physical volume buttons so an independent volume button is not THAT necessary albeit admittedly handy.
2. You need to fumble under the trees of menus for the gain options in almost all sources AND other dongles. And change of gain is just a daily routine for all of us who switch between iems and headphones alot.

Jun 28, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #228 of 989
@FOUNDERZERO You got it! We definitely had in mind direct connection to external amps when we designed the M15. It's really a very powerful and multi-function little baby. And I have the red case too — it gets lots of looks 😉

@productred Thank you for the kind words and thorough thoughts. Looking forward to what you have to say as you spend more time with 😄
I used the M15 connected to my Galaxy Fold 3 phone with USB Audio Player Pro MQA enabled output to the M15 then out to the 4.4mm balanced port on my Ampersand amp. Streaming Tidal Master tracks out of the Ampersand to my ZMF Atrium cans with this setup was surprising SQ. Never had such quality with other dongles.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #229 of 989
I've been enjoying my M15 for the past couple of weeks but I've noticed that my MacBook Air M1 is showing me that it supports up to 705.6 kHz. It hasn't affected sq but is there something wrong?

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #231 of 989
I've been enjoying my M15 for the past couple of weeks but I've noticed that my MacBook Air M1 is showing me that it supports up to 705.6 kHz. It hasn't affected sq but is there something wrong?
Let me check with the engineers on that, I also see it on my MacBook now that I look at it. I'll get back to you soon.

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jul 2, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #232 of 989
I got an answer for you: The engineers are aware that this happens when you hook the M15 up to some computers, namely MacBooks, but there's nothing wrong. The product is still functioning normally. Sometimes this selection appears, but at the end of the day the M15 only supports up to 384kHz. If you select something higher, the playback software you use might tell you that the device isn't supported, or in some cases the playback software will downsample the rate. We recommend you hand-pick the rate in Audio MIDI setup that matches the audio files you're trying to listen to. 😄 All's good!

Questyle Audio Engineering Stay updated on Questyle Audio Engineering at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/questyleaudioeng @Questyle_Technology https://www.questyle.com info@questyle.com
Jul 3, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #233 of 989
How does the SQ compared to DX160? I am looking for a replacement for DX160, however, instead of another DAP, if dongles now can compete with DX160 in SQ, I may consider them as well.

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #235 of 989
Oh, I must have one of these - only just found out the M15 existed. I'm a bit slow on the uptake with newly released gear these days, have had the CAS192D and CMA800R monos as my desktop gear forever and feel zero inclination to change them and after getting the Phi TC I don't really look at new headphones either, stumbled on the M15 randomly scrolling YouTube. Sounds like the M15 exemplifies what I love about the sound of my desktop rig from all of the feedback I can see, easy purchase.

UPDATE: Pulled the trigger, so pleased shipping to NZ is possible, now the wait.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #236 of 989
Found the Belkin USB Connect which enables to hook and listen the M15, while charging (either battery or wall charger).
20220706_163308.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220706-163949_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220706-163949_Chrome.jpg
    518.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #237 of 989
I got an answer for you: The engineers are aware that this happens when you hook the M15 up to some computers, namely MacBooks, but there's nothing wrong. The product is still functioning normally. Sometimes this selection appears, but at the end of the day the M15 only supports up to 384kHz. If you select something higher, the playback software you use might tell you that the device isn't supported, or in some cases the playback software will downsample the rate. We recommend you hand-pick the rate in Audio MIDI setup that matches the audio files you're trying to listen to. 😄 All's good!
Thanks!

Jul 6, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #238 of 989
I would guess I will not need to apply a firmware update when this arrives?

Jul 7, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #239 of 989
@Questyle Is there a way of using headphones with in-line mic for Windows 10 with M15? Right now it does not work and if I remember correctly M12 used to work with phones that way. I mean I am not sure whether 3,5mm socket is TRS or TRRS now

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #240 of 989
does M15 have ASIO driver?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back