Introducing the Questyle M15 & the brand new Questyle Shop!
May 24, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #151 of 988
Update on my experience.

Customer experience:
Ordered direct, arrived from China to Uk in less than 5 days - amazing customer service and communication.

Sound Quality:
Full disclosure - I was a mixing engineer for 15 years - I‘ve worked with artists from Paul McCartney, Micheal Jackson, London philharmonic orchestra through to Paul Weller and 1000’s of artists.

Using my reference recordings and masters - tracks I actually recorded, placed the microphones and captured live and overseen the mix and mastering of - I hear master quality reproduction - timing, phase, detail macro and micro and imaging is studio quality nothing added or taken away.

Want to hear your music as the artist intended - look no further, I’ve used driving an active PMC monitoring system and various headphones.

Highly recommended.
That's great, and fantastic to have somebody with your first hand experience, but in all sincerity, transparency in musical reproduction really isn't uncommon anymore and even inexpensive gear can get completely out of the way and not introduce audible artifacts.

May 27, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #153 of 988
The M15 has a sonic signature owners of Questyle equipment love: strictly neutral [update: essentially uncoloured] with great extension at both ends, unparalleled resolution, clarity, transparency, and crisp dynamics – and all that without ever being strident or aggressive, sterile or analytical (Topping comes to mind). Almost like a little class-A amp in your pocket. If you have listened to the QP1R dap (still the reference of three of us) or the CMA 12 DAC/amp, you will know what I am talking about.

Spatial reconstruction is excellent in both single-ended and balanced circuits. No compromise has been made for the single-ended circuit, the only difference between the two is power. This is in contrast to some other models that sacrifice headroom in their single-ended circuit such as the EarMen Sparrow.

And that’s all you have to know.

More on my blog in a week or so, including comparison to AudioQuest DragonFly Cobalt and the almighty Apogee Groove.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #154 of 988
I got my m15 last week from bloom audio in the US and after emailing my purchase info to Questyle I got my case today 👍.

May 27, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #155 of 988
The M15 has a sonic signature owners of Questyle equipment love: strictly neutral with great extension at both ends, unparalleled resolution, clarity, transparency, and crisp dynamics – and all that without ever being strident or aggressive, sterile or analytical (Topping comes to mind). Almost like a little class-A amp in your pocket. If you have listened to the QP1R dap (still the reference of three of us) or the CMA 12 DAC/amp, you will know what I am talking about.

Spatial reconstruction is excellent in both single-ended and balanced circuits. No compromise has been made for the single-ended circuit, the only difference between the two is power. This is in contrast to some other models that sacrifice headroom in their single-ended circuit such as the EarMen Sparrow.

More on my blog in a week or so, including comparison to AudioQuest DragonFly Cobalt and the almighty Apogee Groove.
Aww that’s interesting to know some devices out there sacrifice headroom in their single ended circuit for the balanced output. As I only use the single ended output.

Im very curios to know how this compare to the very new ifi Go Bar.

May 27, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #157 of 988
Anyone compare to Mojo 2? I’m assuming Mojo owners would say not even close, but still curious.

I had both the Mojo 2 and Questyle M15, and honestly, could not tell much of a difference between the two when it came to my IEMs - perhaps the Mojo 2 had a bit wider soundstage, but the Questyle M15 sounded a bit more dynamic / exciting. So, I sold the Mojo 2! :) That said, and I am speculating, perhaps the Mojo 2 would be better suited to over ears with higher power requirements?

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #158 of 988
I had both the Mojo 2 and Questyle M15, and honestly, could not tell much of a difference between the two when it came to my IEMs - perhaps the Mojo 2 had a bit wider sidestage, but the Questyle M15 sounded a bit more dynamic / exciting. So, I sold the Mojo 2! :) That said, and I am speculating, perhaps the Mojo 2 would be better suited to over ears with higher power requirements?
Thanks for the info - this is very helpful!

May 27, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #159 of 988
The M15 has a sonic signature owners of Questyle equipment love: strictly neutral with great extension at both ends, unparalleled resolution, clarity, transparency, and crisp dynamics – and all that without ever being strident or aggressive, sterile or analytical (Topping comes to mind). Almost like a little class-A amp in your pocket. If you have listened to the QP1R dap (still the reference of three of us) or the CMA 12 DAC/amp, you will know what I am talking about.

Removed post. Don't wish to pollute the thread.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #160 of 988
Sorry mate, that is kind of contradictory. If something is neutral it won't have extension at both ends, neutral is neutral. When one says something has extension at both ends, by definition it deviates from neutrality.
Which definition? I'll change it to "essentially neutral". What is meant is that the sound is essentially uncoloured and there is no rolloff. Not sure anything rolling off can be neutral. Removing upper and lower ends by eq-ing leaves you with mids...

I think I got my point across...

I'm asking my co-bloggers and update my reply accordingly.

UPDATE: my co-bloggers advised not to reply at all. Too late...

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #161 of 988
Here power-consumption measurements of some dongles.

Power Consumption dongles-4.jpg

May 28, 2022 at 7:27 AM Post #164 of 988
Any head-fier who has tried both m15 and xduoo link bal 2, how does the link bal2 hold up against the m15 ?
I have both but haven’t really compared. I’ve mostly been using the m15 since I got it last week. From memory, the m15 has better resolution. That I’m sure of, though not by a significant amount. Take the rest of my comparison with a grain of salt. Still pretty new to trying to describe sonic characteristics and differences so bear with me.

The m15 is slightly more natural and balanced. I prefer vocals on the m15. I might get slightly more of a 3D immersive effect with the m15. The m15 and m12 give an ethereal softness to vocals. The m15 improves on the m12 here and in most areas. The Link2 bal does have a wider soundstage. It also has a little more treble bite/hotness. For better or worse. OG teas could sound a bit nasally on the link2 bal. I’ve never been a huge fan of the Kato, but both dongles helped change my mind. In particular, the link2 bal really leans into the treble detail of the Kato, and adds some mid bass heft. The Link2 also widened the soundstage and pulled out detail on the yume midnight. To be clear, both dongles have a good blend of neutrality and musicality.

Overall if I had to choose, I’d probably take the m15 for the details, versatility, and vocals, but I really like the link2 bal too. I haven’t really pushed either in terms of power, but they’ve handled everything I’ve thrown at them. I can’t foresee myself needing more power. I primarily use the balanced outs so I can’t say too much about the SE side. The link2 bal and m15 are different enough that I’ll probably keep both.

*yep, check donglemadness and update the firmware. Much more in depth comparisons and reviews.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #165 of 988
Any head-fier who has tried both m15 and xduoo link bal 2, how does the link bal2 hold up against the m15 ?
Maybe you can find your answer here:
https://andyaudiovault.com/donglemadness/

Also: don’t forget to update the software (as seen in the M15 review of Andy). Back then, when I got the M12, the software update had a huge impact on sound and made me sell my beloved Calyx M DAP, since there wasn’t a big sound difference anymore to be heard between those two after updating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back