Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp
Oct 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #451 of 867
Hi,

Test the GE 6021 vs stock tube.
Sub_bass is showing up a little bit more. More refined details for violin, viola, cello, and background.
Make listening to orchestra music more enjoyable. This is through my k10c.
Have not test it through Utopia yet.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #452 of 867
I must say i was very pleasantly surprised by how small and compact the amp is.....very portable and great for on the go listening

Oct 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #453 of 867
My V5 arrived at thesoundfreq hotdesk today! Thanks Alo Audio for the swift distribution of pre-orders.

Initial impressions... Build Quality is up there with the best in the market. It sounds like a winner too! Just a few tracks tested with the HD650, source is a Macbook with Audirvana to Dragonfly Red. Great synergy!

Oct 5, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #455 of 867
Ken, Vinnie, et al-
Thank you so much for such a wonderful product- AGAIN! CV5 has taken my portable rig to new heights.

Word! Thank you all for your support and sharing your thought, photos and impressions!! 

Vinnie and I are really happy with the evolution of this amp, we have come a long way and let the music only get better and better.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Oct 5, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #456 of 867
This amp really shines with my full sized cans but with the Andromedas- they have gone SUPERNOVA! Yes there is a slight noise floor with these guys since they are so sensitive, but once you hear the music you won't care IMHO. One portable amp to rule them all! Cheers

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #461 of 867
Can any one compare mojo+cv5 with Hifiman 901s or lotoo paw gold in sound quality?

It's been a while since I last listened to the 901s or the Paw Gold (actually, almost exactly a year ago at the 2015 RMAF) but I from memory I personally very much prefer to sound of the Mojo + CV5 (in fact it's what I'm listening to right now). The Mojo/CV5 combo has all the great detail retrieval and almost analog-like sound of the Mojo with the warmth and emotion of a the CV5's tube amp. For portable use I've never heard better, although the stack of them with my AK100 is not the smallest/lightest thing. I'd recommend it for anyone seeking the best portable sound but not for anyone who is more concerned about ease of portability. Cheers 

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #462 of 867
It drives the HEK quite easily...I am sure it would have no issue with cans such as the HD800,the Ether series and the LCD-3.....on the other hand given how difficult it is to drive the LCD-4 I would suggest that it is a desktop can....the Utopia on the other hand is easy to drive 

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #463 of 867
Wonderful sound with the Shure SE846 IEMs being driven by the V5.  The Shures have never sounded better.  By the way, I cannot detect even a hint of hiss even at rather loud listening levels!

Oct 6, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #464 of 867
Any comparison between CV5 (nkotb) vs other kids that's been around the block ie. Mk3B+, Duet, Intruder, Fostex Hp V1 or anything?
I miss the good ol' portable shoot out..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back