Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp
Mar 20, 2016 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 867
Building upon 5 generations of critically acclaimed portable amplifiers of the "Continental" series, we are proud to introduce the all new Continental Version 5.

Ideal for sensitive IEMs and full size headphones, the new Cv5 features a 6111 vacuum tube with a user replaceable 8-pin socket that is interchangeable with the larger CDM amp. Hi/low gain switch allows for finer adjustment to gain and better versatility usage with the wide variety of IEMs and headphones. The small sized amp produces low heat with low microphonics making the Cv5 a true portable champion. The new Cv5 has the same footprint as the Rx amp, remarkably small measuring at just 2.28 inches x 3.64 inches. 

**NEW** Leather case included!

Tentative Release Date: May 2016
MSRP $799

Specifications:

Frequency response: 10Hz - 300kHz +/- 0.1dB  (very impressive)
Input impedance: 110k (low gain) / 10k (high gain)
Output impedance: < 0.5 ohm
Gain (low): -10dB
Gain (high): +10dB
Output power (into 32 ohms): 325mW per channel, RMS

Features:

- Premium low ESR audio-grade power supply capacitors
- USB charger input (same as Rx)
- High / Low gain switch (great for IEMs and full-size headphones)
- One 6111 dual triode tube, user changeable (tube rolling)
- 16V power supply (+/- 8V)
- 20 second mute circuit for tube warm up (blue LED ON during warm up)
- Low output noise and microphonics
- 8-9 hour play time
- Low voltage warning (blinking red LED)
- Charging LED (Red = charging, Green = charged, Orange = ON)

Thank you

Ken @ ALO

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Mar 20, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 867
Very nice Ken, I am confused about the charging method, is it a spare external power supply or a universal USB charging connector?
I am not familiar with the RX as I only have the CDM.

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 867
very intersted 

can i ask, as i am not good with specs, is it gonna be as powerful as the rx mk3 B amp

Mar 20, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 867
I love the fact Ken listened to the feed back about the timer in line when powering on the device, this will save the drivers of whatever you connect to this amp. I am also looking forward to ear the noise floor with CIEM's. If it is like the CDM, we have a winner here :). The 10Hz +/- 0.1db is super impressive too! The power seems good to drive my stuff :)

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 867
  Very nice Ken, I am confused about the charging method, is it a spare external power supply or a universal USB charging connector?
I am not familiar with the RX as I only have the CDM.

Charges with 5v charger and charges via the micro USB on the back. The amp will come with a wall charger for this.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #11 of 867
  very intersted 

can i ask, as i am not good with specs, is it gonna be as powerful as the rx mk3 B amp

Yes, I am using it to drive my HE1000s and its gets plenty loud. 

Thank you

Ken

Mar 20, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #12 of 867

Yes, I am using it to drive my HE1000s and its gets plenty loud. 

Thank you

Ken

i am so interested and i am looking forward to order it soon

Mar 20, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #13 of 867
I'm very excited about this new amp ...!

Great job, Ken 
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 867
Well done Ken! How similar is the amp topology to the CDM? Seems to be SE vs. balanced and I would guess it has to use double triode tubes? Cheers

Mar 20, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #15 of 867
I had the chance to try this out a few months back, and the V5 is something special. You guys, anyone into portable amps or tubes, you gotta give this a shot. It sounds incredible. I've always had Two portable amps, the pure 2 for its amazing soundstage and technical ability and the kojo for the lush sweetness. The continental V5 is so good that I would gladly have it has my only amp. It's lush, musical, without crossing the line, maintaining good definition, transients, and impact unlike many tubes, and throws an awesome soundstage with a big authoritative bass and midrange body.

Best of all, it's a tube that runs close to 10 hours and never getting warm, how awesome is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back