Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp
Sep 21, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #346 of 867
a4d9490de2d56a4c0db6eb1385e5df6e.jpg

V5 at a Tokyo headphone show

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #348 of 867
  Is this a good idea for a portable setup?

Galaxy Note 4 (marshmallow) -> Alo The Key DAC -> CV5

Sounds pretty good to me, that's not the exploding phone is it?

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #350 of 867
Mmmm...with the iPhone, you are better off buying the Continental Dual Mono than the Cv5, because the CDM has both DAC and amp (using the Apple CCK and a USB and Micro USB interconnect). With an Android, same advice (using an OTG interconnect). If, on the other hand, you have a good Digital Audio Player with a DAC that you really like, then buy the new Cv5 for that tube sound.of course, you must audition before deciding.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Are you talking about the 3.5mm jack? You could, but there would be no benefit. The audio at that point has already gone through an amp stage. It will already have all the noise and performance defects that you circumvent by using the device as a digital transport to a DAC and amp which have been purposefully designed as those components.

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

Yes, I'm talking about the 3.5mm jack. How could I use digital output with iphone? 

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:23 PM Post #351 of 867
Mmmm...with the iPhone, you are better off buying the Continental Dual Mono than the Cv5, because the CDM has both DAC and amp (using the Apple CCK and a USB and Micro USB interconnect). With an Android, same advice (using an OTG interconnect). If, on the other hand, you have a good Digital Audio Player with a DAC that you really like, then buy the new Cv5 for that tube sound.of course, you must audition before deciding.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Are you talking about the 3.5mm jack? You could, but there would be no benefit. The audio at that point has already gone through an amp stage. It will already have all the noise and performance defects that you circumvent by using the device as a digital transport to a DAC and amp which have been purposefully designed as those components.

Yes, I'm talking about the 3.5mm jack. How could I use digital output with iphone? 

Apple CCK to USB DAC of your choice.

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #352 of 867
Just got a notification that my Cv5 and Raytheon tube shipped. Pleasantly surprised and can't wait to listen to this amp!

Sep 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #353 of 867
Hey Guys,

Yes we are shipping early :wink: If you did not get a notification yours will ship on Monday but we are trying to get them all out today.

Thank you all for your order in advance!!

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 23, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #355 of 867
  Hey Guys,

Yes we are shipping early :wink: If you did not get a notification yours will ship on Monday but we are trying to get them all out today.

Ken

You rock Mr. Ball! Cheers

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #356 of 867
Sounds pretty good to me, that's not the exploding phone is it?

Hey Guys,

Ken

The Chord Mojo line out setting is 3v. Is that the setting I should use when pairing with the V5? Also, I ordered it today. Will it ship Monday? Thanks!

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #357 of 867
The Chord Mojo line out setting is 3v. Is that the setting I should use when pairing with the V5? Also, I ordered it today. Will it ship Monday? Thanks!

The chord mojo is a true line out regardless of volume setting, the 3v was simply there for rob watts to have a standard during the design phase. Use any volume that works for you.

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #358 of 867
The chord mojo is a true line out regardless of volume setting, the 3v was simply there for rob watts to have a standard during the design phase. Use any volume that works for you.

If you lower the volume 4 clicks from the 'line-out' volume preset you'll get about 1.9V which is much closer to the CD standard of 2V. Plus you'll have more travel on the Cv5 volume pot. Just be aware that this volume will be remembered and you will likely blow up your eardrums if you plug IEMs directly in to the Mojo at this level. Always check the volume colour before plugging directly in to the Mojo.

:)

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #359 of 867
If you lower the volume 4 clicks from the 'line-out' volume preset you'll get about 1.9V which is much closer to the CD standard of 2V. Plus you'll have more travel on the Cv5 volume pot. Just be aware that this volume will be remembered and you will likely blow up your eardrums if you plug IEMs directly in to the Mojo at this level. Always check the volume colour before plugging directly in to the Mojo.

Sage advice. Cheers

Sep 25, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #360 of 867

Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back