Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp
Sep 11, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #319 of 867
Dear all,

I am pleased to announce that genuine a leather cases with the ALO logo embossed on the back will be included with every Cv5. We hope you enjoy the all new Audio Line Out Continental Version Five, get your tube on while supplies last!! 

Shipping very soon please take advantage of the $100 off on the preorder that is ending soon. ORDER HERE

Thank you!

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #321 of 867
Order placed <3

The Continental v3 was fantastic, so I can't help expecting mind-blowingness out of v5 ^^

Also glad to finally be an official ALO customer, since my v3 and RxMk3B+ were acquired second-hand.

I'll pair the v5 with my trusty RWAK120-B (internal amp bypassed to turn the HO into a true 2vrms LO and WM8740 dac pair upgraded to WM8741, same as the CDM dac).

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #322 of 867
We are going with the Raytheon 6832 tube for the official upgrade tube for the Cv5. The 6832 is 400mA, so higher than the 6111 which is 300mA (Phillips 6111 is the stock tube). The 400mA 6832 are a little toasty for the CDM but for the cool running Cv5, its perfect. This will be a real treat for tube rollers, I made a it a point to buy a a bunch of these just for the Cv5. I might add that the JAN Phillips 6111 stock tube is no slouch. Then I have green label Phillips 6111s that I cryo treated as well.

Ken

Hi Ken,
Is this Raytheon 6832 included in the preorder? Is not in the website.

Sep 11, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #323 of 867
Hi Ken,
Is this Raytheon 6832 included in the preorder? Is not in the website.

HI meomap,

Sorry no it will not be included, it will be available just before we start shipping the amps and on the website.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Sep 12, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #325 of 867
I have the Continental V2, which is a great amp.  The V2 is kind of hissy with the my Shure IEMS and my Laylas (especially the Laylas), but great with the Beyer t5p, Ultrasone Edition 8, and the MacIntosh  MHP-100 headphones.  I just hope that the V5 is less hissy with the iems.  By the way, pre-ordered the V5 today...I'm waiting with bated breath.  The ALO portable amps are much better than the other portable amps I have tried, including the Ray Samuels, Headroom, Headamp, and IQube amps...it's not even close. 

Sep 12, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #326 of 867
  I have the Continental V2, which is a great amp.  The V2 is kind of hissy with the my Shure IEMS and my Laylas (especially the Laylas), but great with the Beyer t5p, Ultrasone Edition 8, and the MacIntosh  MHP-100 headphones.  I just hope that the V5 is less hissy with the iems.  By the way, pre-ordered the V5 today...I'm waiting with bated breath.  The ALO portable amps are much better than the other portable amps I have tried, including the Ray Samuels, Headroom, Headamp, and IQube amps...it's not even close. 

HI Figaro,

Thank you for your preorder and I really hope you will be satisfied with the Cv5, I think you will love it. The Cv5 has way less hiss and a lower nose floor than the V1/V2 and V3, far wider and far less grainy. It is really the refinement of the line Continental line, size vs sound its by far the best portable amp we have ever made.

Ken

Sep 12, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #327 of 867

The cv5 truly sounds epic!

Sep 13, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #328 of 867
Hi,
Comparing this Ray 6832 and the other Ray tubes for the CDM, which one is better fit for Cv5 sounds?

Hi Ken,
What is the big difference between Raytheon 6832 and Raytheon 6111 tubes?

I just swapped back from Sonotones to Raytheon 6111 for my CDM and it sounds awesome : more bass, more soundstage, vocals are more alive now, upper end is similar to Sonotones.
My Elear now sounds more oompH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back