Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp
Sep 5, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #303 of 867
Yep, also Cv5.
Ken

Has to be a dual triode. Assume a single triode like the 5719 wouldn't work on the CV5. Right Ken? Cheers

Sep 5, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #304 of 867
Ken - Would you say the benefits of the balanced out vs SE out still hold even for single ended sources or are they only present when the internal DAC or balanced sources are used?

EDIT for additional color: I'm trying to decide between the CDM and the CV5 to power a set of MrSpeakers Ethers for mostly desktop, around the house use with a tiny bit of (trans)portable use thrown in - e.g., bringing the amp (with or without a Chord Mojo DAC) to the office.

Another advantage of the CDM that I think people kind of over look is the balanced out of the CDM is really something special. Most portable balanced stages are no better that SE out there is no debate with the CDM, the balanced out is far better.

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #306 of 867
  any idea when the CV5 will begin shipping? Wondering if I shd lock down an order, or wait to hear it for myself first haha

Hey Rei87,

These will ship the first week of October, sooner if possible though. Once we start shipping the pre order price will go away.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 8, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #307 of 867
Hey Ken,

I'll probably be getting my set from my local audio store.
Now really hoping that the Cv5 would ship out early.
biggrin.gif

I was wondering if I could trouble you to post some pictures of the black and silver Cv5s?
I can't really decide what colour to get.
redface.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #308 of 867
  Hey Ken,

I'll probably be getting my set from my local audio store.
Now really hoping that the Cv5 would ship out early.
biggrin.gif

I was wondering if I could trouble you to post some pictures of the black and silver Cv5s?
I can't really decide what colour to get.
redface.gif

There are pictures of both on the ALO site. Here's the link - https://www.aloaudio.com/shop/continental-v5/ 

Cheers

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #309 of 867
Ken - Would you say the benefits of the balanced out vs SE out still hold even for single ended sources or are they only present when the internal DAC or balanced sources are used?

EDIT for additional color: I'm trying to decide between the CDM and the CV5 to power a set of MrSpeakers Ethers for mostly desktop, around the house use with a tiny bit of (trans)portable use thrown in - e.g., bringing the amp (with or without a Chord Mojo DAC) to the office.

I would use the CDM DAC or analog balanced in for the input... The DAC we selected (Wolfson 8741) DAC converts the digits and outputs them in fully balanced out signal, then it of course goes to the balanced headphone stage.

Thank you

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 9, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #313 of 867
Does it maintain that tube sound similar to the Wooaudio WA8 and the CDM? Looking forward to your thoughts haha

In my experience with the prototype it sure does! Cheers

EDIT - Sorry, meant to say compared to my CDM. Only have heard WA8 at a show or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back