Introducing the LCD-i3
Aug 19, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #16 of 1,041
I don't get why the cypher cable wouldn't be USB C.... That is a pretty big deal, all new phones are USB C.... Why would they do that on a 900 dollar product. Lame.

As far as I’m aware, the Cipher cable has only come with the lightning termination. This version doesn’t look like a new addition, either, but rather an inclusion of an existing product, likely the V.2 cable, if I’m not mistaken.

Plus, since Anker made a $35(USD) lightning to USB-C adapter (which Audeze mentioned a while back in a different sponsor post), there’s an argument to be made that not developing a USB-C Cipher cable ensures greater usability between Android and iOS devices for the product. You could say this is, in fact, a smart business choice on Audeze’s part. I would.

Now for the question I have: @Audeze, will the Ear Fins fit in the standard iSine/i4 foam carrying case, or is there a different molded insert needed for compatibility?

If they’re comfortable and fit in the old carrying case, then they solve one of the issues with iSine portability: dis/re-assembly. Having to take off and put the ear hooks back on is a bit of a pain. I got the curved ear hooks as a replacement not too long ago. They are surprisingly much more comfortable than the flat ones of yore. Well done on those!

Interesting product, I hope to get to listen to them at some point in the future.

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #23 of 1,041
This is really tempting me. But, I'll wait for some reviews. No USB-C?
Guess they have decided to focus on the ... 7% of the market which is lighting Apple phones and tablets rather than those who those Apple products which has changed to USB type C + Android phones + PCs.

Aug 19, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #24 of 1,041
Guess they have decided to focus on the ... 7% of the market which is lighting Apple phones and tablets rather than those who those Apple products which has changed to USB type C + Android phones + PCs.
The analog and Bluetooth connections work with android. For other platforms (PC/MAC etc), we provide Reveal Plugins and integration with Roon. With lightning it provides a nice little package. The Anker adapter allows people to use it with USB-C phones as well.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Aug 19, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #26 of 1,041
The analog and Bluetooth connections work with android. For other platforms (PC/MAC etc), we provide Reveal Plugins and integration with Roon. With lightning it provides a nice little package. The Anker adapter allows people to use it with USB-C phones as well.
Yeah sorry for my silly comment. Maybe I should remove it. I don't know how the Bluetooth receiver part of it works but if around the neck or built in maybe that's what I would had preferred to use anyway. 3.5 mm is somewhat fine but if one cable already have dac and amp .. Can't really shame Apple too much for their cable either because micro-usb connections doesn't hold up well and break easily. I don't know how well lightning hold up but also of course not all Android phones in use have type C. And Apple customers are likely willing to pay more too.
I guess 400 usd headphones would work for me too but it would have to be something I'd really be happy with and thought filled all my needs and which I felt like it would be fine using them for the rest of my life (which may not be too hard.)
If they performed perfect and had lifetime warranty ... :p

Anyway they all look super cool and the technology is cool too so I would had felt "cool" having and using them.

Aug 20, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #27 of 1,041
How much do these leak sound in and out? Can I use them at the office or would they bother people next to me?

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #28 of 1,041
How much do these leak sound in and out? Can I use them at the office or would they bother people next to me?
Have both ISine 20 and LCDi4. Leak sound in like nothing was in your ear. No music playing you can hear everything Round you. Music playing it will drown out most average level noises. I compare it to listening to a high quality audio system in a vehicle while driving. You can hear the road noise, but the music is what you hear most. As far as what others hear, it's minor, seeing as these are in ear, doesn't take ridiculous levels to hear plenty of volume. Others around you won't be bothered unless they are joined to you at the shoulder

Aug 20, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #29 of 1,041
It's laughable you didn't create a update cable with USB C for a 900 product. But yet you tell us to buy a adapter that works half ass from a different company to make your 900 headphone work on most of the new phones being released.

It would be different if the headphone didn't depend on the cipher DSP to sound good. But, from past experience with the isine line that will be the case.

Bring on the Audeze apologist - but no matter what you say that is a joke.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #30 of 1,041
My guess is there is an option for lightning or usb c would make sense... sub'ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back