Introducing the LCD-i3
Apr 7, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #586 of 1,041
ok---might be a dumb question. Does Reveal work with iPhones? I don't use a computer to listen. Currently my Android phone and a Dac, or the Cipher,but I was thinking of switching to an iPhone if Reveal works with it. I have a LCD i3. Does the Cipher function any differently with an Iphone than Android with the Ankar?

Edit--Does the HQ app work for the i3 with the iphone? Kindof bummed that there is no manual online for the i3.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #587 of 1,041
ok---might be a dumb question. Does Reveal work with iPhones? I don't use a computer to listen. Currently my Android phone and a Dac, or the Cipher,but I was thinking of switching to an iPhone if Reveal works with it. I have a LCD i3. Does the Cipher function any differently with an Iphone than Android with the Ankar?
The Cipher cable works the same on all devices with or without the USB-C to Lightning adapter. It does have time domain / ear simulation which cannot be replicated with any EQ. I believe the Reveal+ plugin has the same tuning as the Cipher Lightning cable (but not the Cipher Bluetooth cable which is very different).

You can record the impulse response of the Reveal+ plugin / Cipher Lightning cable to replicate it on an analog source via the 3.5 mm cable. It will work correctly only if you record the cross-channel impulse response and use it in a player that supports cross-channel convolution.

Apr 8, 2020 at 11:53 AM Post #589 of 1,041
OK-just got an answer.Reveal is just for computers.Is the only thing the Audeze HQ app offers is EQ? I'm trying to decide if it's worth switching to an iPhone over Android. If the only difference is that the HQ app offers is eq, and not even parametric eq, then there is no real advantage over using Cipher/Ankar/Android/Uapp parametric?

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #590 of 1,041
OK-just got an answer.Reveal is just for computers.Is the only thing the Audeze HQ app offers is EQ? I'm trying to decide if it's worth switching to an iPhone over Android. If the only difference is that the HQ app offers is eq, and not even parametric eq, then there is no real advantage over using Cipher/Ankar/Android/Uapp parametric?
I personally wouldn't switch from android to ios for that reason.
I can use Reveal with my mac and I'm happy using the eq settings on UAPP with my android.

Each to their own though

Apr 8, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #591 of 1,041
You can use the Cipher cable on Android or PC with the USB-C to Lightning adapter. You need an iOS device only to configure the graphic EQ which works in addition to the Cipher tuning. Once configured, the EQ remains active on the cable.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #592 of 1,041
Thanks--I think that you answered my question. The only advantage to using the iPhone is the ability to use the software for the 10 band eq. I prefer the peq on the Uapp. So I'm sticking with Android!

Apr 13, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #593 of 1,041
Did a search and came up dry. I have an eq curve, but I think it was for the 20. Anyone have a parametric curve for the i3--or maybe the i4? Supposedly the i4 curve is close, but the 20 is not. I need it for the Uapp parametric.

Apr 13, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #594 of 1,041
Apr 14, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #596 of 1,041
Apr 24, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #598 of 1,041
@Audeze I owned the iSine20 last year which I really enjoyed, but as the new LCDi3 now come with a BT module and more comfortable I'm interested in purchasing a pair.
I wondered if you could elaborate on the difference (improvement) in sound over the iSine20 and also, you've mentioned that it has a different diaphragm to the iSine20.
Can you say what's different about it please? The simple description the diaphragm on your website is the same as the iSine20 (Ultra-thin Uniforce™) so I'm curious.

My third question is, it's been mentioned that the tuning of the Cipher cable and the BT Module are quite different to each other. Can you confirm if this is true and if so, why that is?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #600 of 1,041
Can the LCD i3 compete with Open back headphones for scale of sound and overall sense of space ? I'm planning on buying this, primarily for home use. Owners, kindly suggest...
Yes, and the sub-bass and frequency response with Cipher is superior to any open-back headphone. It does not sound like an IEM at all. I rank it higher than my LCD-2 Classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back