Introducing the LCD-i3
Feb 17, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #482 of 1,041
One question for you:
Are Fazors in yours LCDes i3/i4 or iSines slightly tilted like in mine? Is it normal / common? As you can see, right Fazor (shaft in the nozzle) is centerd, but left is tilted.

Attachments

• left-1.jpg
    left-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • left-2.jpg
    left-2.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 0
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Feb 18, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #483 of 1,041
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #486 of 1,041
Another issue: I bought Lightning to USB C adapter and I am using it with Windows 10 PC, I need to use it a 1-2% of volume because it is super loud. I am worried that one time windows will randomly switch to 100% and it will damage earphones or my ears, not cool.

Feb 28, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #487 of 1,041
Cross post from another forum:

Ok, my 3 month long journey into finding perfect portable audiophile setup (DAP + HP) when "money spent does not matter" has finally come to unexpected end.

Disclaimer: I am 50+ old man, so take all my findings and impressions with a grain of salt (and pepper :)

My requirements were simple:
  1. Good support for Amazon Music HD - I do streaming mostly
  2. Best SQ-wise audio player
  3. Best SQ-wise headphone(s) closed + open I need closed too for obvious reasons.
What I have tried so far:

1. Focal Clear, Focal Stellia with custom Arctic cables (silver and some non-silver expensive copper) Dan Clark Audio Flow 2 (closed back) as headphones
  2. Fiio Q5s AMD3D THX + iPod touch 2019 - dap 1
  3. Fiio M15 - dap 2
  4. AK Kann Cube - dap 3
  5. AK SP2000 cu - dap 4
I mostly listen to audiophile grade music (classical, jazz, female vocal, some experimental stuff). Checky Records is my favorite music label. I am a fan of their Binaural + recordings. I do not much care about pop/rock music quality as I do about reproduction quality of exceptional audiophile music. So mostly I compared my setups using Chesky Records recordings. One aspect which is extremely important to me is sound stage and depth of a music scene, clarity, transparency, female vocal reproduction.

Based open my own criteria's I decided to let all my set ups go and use iPhone + Audeze LCD- i3 with Cypher cable. This is my audiophile portable setup now.
None of my previous DAPs and HPs in any combination can compare to this simple and inexpensive ($900 , iPhone I own already) combo in sound stage width and depth reproduction. I am really enjoying listening Chesky binaural recordings on i3: Macy Gray "Stripped", Amber Rubarth "Sessions from 17th ward" and especially by City of the Sun "to the sun and all the cities in between". Those are exceptional music recordings and demonstration of what HD records should be for HP listening. Highly recommended.

What I like in my new setup besides its (unexpected) audio quality:

1. It takes only 2% of battery for 1 hour of listening (Wifi off, BT off, Airplane mode ON, music is stored locally on iPhone).
  2. I have guarantee that for the next several years I will always have access to the latest versions of a streaming music apps as well as to other music apps
  3. my 4 years old iPhone 7 Plus is much faster than any DAP currently on the market. You can not even compare it to obsolete AK players in this regard.
  4. I have 256GB local storage, Amazon Music HD allows me to download music in maximum resolution, so I do have a gear for offline listening.
I take my hat off and want to thank Audeze for exceptional product they released. I will probably try i4 but not sure if will be able to get much better sound which could justify $1600 price difference.

If anyone is interested in KC, Focal Clear with 2 aftermarket cables please send me pm. I do have also audiophile cable for Aeon Flow 2 (which DC sells for $300).
Fiio Q5s AMD3D THX is on sale as well.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #488 of 1,041
Did u try the lcd i3 with yr dap, especially fiio q5s or m15? Any improvement over the cipher cable? Thx.

Ok, my 3 month long journey into finding perfect portable audiophile setup (DAP + HP) when "money spent does not matter" has finally come to unexpected end.

Disclaimer: I am 50+ old man, so take all my findings and impressions with a grain of salt (and pepper :)

3. Best SQ-wise headphone(s) closed + open I need closed too for obvious reasons.

1. Focal Clear, Focal Stellia with custom Arctic cables (silver and some non-silver expensive copper) Dan Clark Audio Flow 2 (closed back) as headphones
  3. Fiio M15 - dap 2
  4. AK Kann Cube - dap 3
  5. AK SP2000 cu - dap 4
I mostly listen to audiophile grade music (classical, jazz, female vocal, some experimental stuff). Checky Records is my favorite music label. I am a fan of their Binaural + recordings. I do not much care about pop/rock music quality as I do about reproduction quality of exceptional audiophile music. So mostly I compared my setups using Chesky Records recordings. One aspect which is extremely important to me is sound stage and depth of a music scene, clarity, transparency, female vocal reproduction.

Based open my own criteria's I decided to let all my set ups go and use iPhone + Audeze LCD- i3 with Cypher cable. This is my audiophile portable setup now.
None of my previous DAPs and HPs in any combination can compare to this simple and inexpensive ($900 , iPhone I own already) combo in sound stage width and depth reproduction. I am really enjoying listening Chesky binaural recordings on i3: Macy Gray "Stripped", Amber Rubarth "Sessions from 17th ward" and especially by City of the Sun "to the sun and all the cities in between". Those are exceptional music recordings and demonstration of what HD records should be for HP listening. Highly recommended.

1. It takes only 2% of battery for 1 hour of listening (Wifi off, BT off, Airplane mode ON, music is stored locally on iPhone).
  2. I have guarantee that for the next several years I will always have access to the latest versions of a streaming music apps as well as to other music apps
  3. my 4 years old iPhone 7 Plus is much faster than any DAP currently on the market. You can not even compare it to obsolete AK players in this regard.
  4. I have 256GB local storage, Amazon Music HD allows me to download music in maximum resolution, so I do have a gear for offline listening.
I take my hat off and want to thank Audeze for exceptional product they released. I will probably try i4 but not sure if will be able to get much better sound which could justify $1600 price difference.

If anyone is interested in KC, Focal Clear with 2 aftermarket cables please send me pm. I do have also audiophile cable for Aeon Flow 2 (which DC sells for $300).

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #489 of 1,041
I tried with SP2000. It sounds worse, as expected. i3 requires proper equalization. If DAP has good EQ it can help, but none of my DAPs had a good EQ, there are actually a few
of DAPs with good EQ (Lotoo, Cayin N8, Cowon) but hey do not support Amazon streaming.

Feb 29, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #490 of 1,041
Starting to fall in love with audeze lcdi3
Currently coming from Focal Stelia running off Chord Dave and ProJect streamer.
I find Audeze LCD i3 sound mesmerizing . I think Lightning iPhone setup idea is very cool and so far sounds so good ,

I yet to try this on Chord directly. Would love to see this upgraded using highly quality internals maybe similar to audioquest DAC and some high end cables that are highly rewarded , all in one solution.
Also if someone can post SQ app screen for reference setup?

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #492 of 1,041
Currently already own the iSine 20. I'm wondering if this is worth the upgrade? I'm just worried in a couple years Audeze will bring out yet another upgrade to their IEM series and I'll be in the same predicament I'm in now!

Feb 29, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #493 of 1,041

3. Fiio M15 - dap 2
  4. AK Kann Cube - dap 3
  5. AK SP2000 cu - dap 4

Have you tried the Bluetooth mode on the iPhone? Can you tell a sound difference?

Feb 29, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #494 of 1,041
Have you tried the Bluetooth mode on the iPhone? Can you tell a sound difference?
I tried BT on ACTIVO CT10 because it supports AptX HD. I do not know if this profile was active during my listening session. It was OK for on the go listening (gym etc) but definitely worse than with cipher cable. I will try iPhone today and will let you know.

Feb 29, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #495 of 1,041
im So exited I found these groundbreaking product , currently having iPhone X max, portability of this solution is what makes it so unique with added astounding sound coming From i3 , this is all I could dream for , it’s an amazing solution , wonder how different i4 is compared to this , Simple audiophile heaven,

this is my first audeze headphones that I have ever tried owned maybe that’s why I’m so exited about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back