Introducing the LCD-i3
Nov 8, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #346 of 1,041
Got them today. The experience via Bluetooth is very disapointing. Volume is too low, there's almost no bass, they sound muffled... Well, going to get a DAP now, because this IEM was not made for BT... Sad.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #347 of 1,041
Got them today. The experience via Bluetooth is very disapointing. Volume is too low, there's almost no bass, they sound muffled... Well, going to get a DAP now, because this IEM was not made for BT... Sad.

Using them via Bluetooth with a AptX HD compatible device was pretty great in my experience..

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #349 of 1,041
I tried them with aptx HD BT and while it sounded decent it's clearly the worst way to use these headphones, sound wise.

No doubt about it! Still, I’m glad it’s there as an option!

Nov 8, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #351 of 1,041
Yeah, but personally I can't really imagine a situation where I would need to go wireless when I can have the better sound wired

I mostly listen to music on the go. Naturally, I rarely have the i3s on me due to their open back nature. Anyway, I still like having the option to use Bluetooth if I want to.

Nov 9, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #352 of 1,041
It's so bad I can't use it for more than 1 min.

Other than this (with iFi Micro iDSD Black Label), the experience is out of this world. Separation/imaging is huge, not to mention the ultra wide soundstage.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #353 of 1,041
Someone in the isine 20 thread suggested using both the over ear hooks and the new fit tips in tandem. It's an excellent combination and works best for me as compared to each as a standalone option. Extremely stable and comfy.

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #357 of 1,041
I'll try it some time, but the ear fins alone were very uncomfortable for me and didn't keep the earphones from falling.
The ear hooks are better but also uncomfortable after a while.
I am similar to you. Fins didn't work. Hooks are better. By combining the two it seems to take some of the pressure off your ear from the hooks so definitely give it a try.

Nov 9, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #359 of 1,041
Yeah, but personally I can't really imagine a situation where I would need to go wireless when I can have the better sound wired
I tried the BT cable once for about 5 minutes. Back in the box it went. My phone doesn't support aptxhd (damn you samsung) but I think if I HAD to go wireless I'd use my ES100. But I'd probably just use my MW07 and call it a day

Nov 10, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #360 of 1,041
Finally managed to listen to the LCD-i3 with Mojo+Poly via Wifi and it's probabbly the best headphone I've ever heard in the price bracket. Even top-tiers like 8-10 driver IEMs that I've owned don't come close to this resolution, soundstage and realism. It's an outstanding experience that I've been waiting for decades coming from an IEM + portable DAC. When you start paying attention to the sounds of movements of the tongue and stuff like that, it's a dream come true.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back