Introducing the HIFIMAN Sundara Closed-Back
Jan 31, 2024 at 6:50 PM Post #196 of 203
Maybe I’m a mid-fi person, I find them great, although they crave power, the sub bass comes out in spades if you push them…. A particularly sub bass heavy track that I like gets the drivers really flexing, albeit that my FiiO K9 goes into protection mode if I get silly and push them hard… that’s got 2w at 32ohm so, no idea what I’m pushing in at 20ohm, but they Sundara Closed lap it up!!

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #197 of 203
Maybe I’m a mid-fi person, I find them great, although they crave power, the sub bass comes out in spades if you push them…. A particularly sub bass heavy track that I like gets the drivers really flexing, albeit that my FiiO K9 goes into protection mode if I get silly and push them hard… that’s got 2w at 32ohm so, no idea what I’m pushing in at 20ohm, but they Sundara Closed lap it up!!
You are not alone, I think the Sundara Closed are great sounding headphones. I was listening to them on my Woo Audio Tube Mini at it pushes them just fine. They are not that power hungry. Like many other planars they need current to perform their best.

Jan 31, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #198 of 203
How are we liking these with metal? I need a 2nd set of closed backs for the gym. I don't care how they look or what people think. Sweet tunes just make the lifting that much better. For the current price, not too worried about pad sweat and what not. Been using my 99 Classics in the gym for many years. Need an additional flavor.

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #199 of 203
How are we liking these with metal? I need a 2nd set of closed backs for the gym. I don't care how they look or what people think. Sweet tunes just make the lifting that much better. For the current price, not too worried about pad sweat and what not. Been using my 99 Classics in the gym for many years. Need an additional flavor.
I’m not really a metal person, but they sound great to me on Leo’s covers (Leap Frog Studios on YouTube).

I find them genuinely excellent for movies as well… whether that be a magical combination with the K9 amp or just that they “work” I don’t know, but for the price they’re at now, simply amazing. I’ve spent over ten times more than their current cost and not been as happy as I am with these.

Mar 22, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #200 of 203
Are there any angled Brainwavz or other lower priced pads available on Amazon that are compatible?

I'll probably sacrifice my stock pads to get the mounting ring.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #202 of 203
Someone opened these headphones (CB)? Are there original some sponges inside or is there bare wood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back