Introducing the HIFIMAN EF400 Balanced Desktop DAC/Amplifier!
Feb 26, 2022 at 11:01 PM Post #17 of 776
Is there any demo unit out in the wildn anyone heard it..?

Feb 27, 2022 at 8:07 PM Post #22 of 776
@TeamHiFiMAN The description reads "The rear input panel includes jacks for RCA, USB-B, and USB-C source connectors" but the RCAs are clearly labelled as outputs. Please clarify. Thanks

Mar 1, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #24 of 776
Finally something priced well after Mojo. Nothing is below 3K these days. DAPs are getting ridiculous with pricing
I own the Shanling M8...I heard the M9 at Canjam (which is a lot more expensive) and I wasn't that impressed.

Mar 1, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #25 of 776
First device I've seen anywhere to possibly compete with my Schiit Jotunheim 2 with the r2r card.
I have the Jot 2 with the AresII R2R DAC!

Mar 1, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #26 of 776
@TeamHiFiMAN The description reads "The rear input panel includes jacks for RCA, USB-B, and USB-C source connectors" but the RCAs are clearly labelled as outputs. Please clarify. Thanks
Hi there, thank you for pointing out the mistake, yes it was a typo and we will correct it soon!

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Mar 1, 2022 at 11:36 PM Post #27 of 776
Hi there, thank you for pointing out the mistake, yes it was a typo and we will correct it soon!
Which one is the typo? The product description, or the label on the device?

Mar 2, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #28 of 776
@TeamHiFiMAN, any estimates for when in March this will hit the HiFiMAN store or dealers? I saw the HM800 was up, but excited to check this one out.

Mar 3, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #30 of 776
I'm curious how NOS works on this. Is it the traditional filterless 'pure' NOS ala Metrum, something sorta NOS like the Denafrips DACs, or just a mimic like you'd see in many S/D DACs?

A DAC that can switch between true NOS & OS modes at this price would be a game changer and overall great way for people to figure out what they like all else being equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back