Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Nov 29, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #361 of 515
  Just for general information sake, the FR graph has been on the RHA website for well over a month.  They did not hide it.

Click on the link and scroll down to the bottom and you will see it :) https://www.rha-audio.com/products/cl1-ceramic

Also, I am always wary of judging a headphone based on an FR graph as there are times they are very misleading.  The best test a person can make is with their own two ears 
o2smile.gif

seriously? this?

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #362 of 515

I've been listening to the CL1 a lot today. The Treble sharpness depends on both the source used, the quality of the file and the type of music. With some, treble indeed can get sharper, although I'm still hoping burn in(...) cures it.

DACAMP with +1 Bass and -2 Treble...

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #365 of 515
I must chime in here. I am on the review team and I have had 6 hours with the Ceramics. They are awesome! The extension on them is phenomenal. Some will hear this as fatigue. I own a pair of HE-6s , AKG K1000 bass heavy, HD800s. I know what harshness is and I know what extension is. All I can say is wow! This is just like listening to everything else as sounding veiled in the IEM world. 
The balanced cable through the Dacamp 1 is where the magic lies. I tried it through my Mojo - veiled. Well veiled in comparison anyway. If you want less extension and less life , detail and soundstage to your music , put it in a Mojo which is warmer and more rolled off.
Seriously are we looking for the same old sound in every IEM that comes out? Punchy bass warmth mids but no treble please - because some people will say that it's harsh and fatiguing. I had them on for 6 hours solid - not fatiguing , not to my ears

Nov 29, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #367 of 515
  I must chime in here. I am on the review team and I have had 6 hours with the Ceramics. They are awesome! The extension on them is phenomenal. Some will hear this as fatigue. I own a pair of HE-6s , AKG K1000 bass heavy, HD800s. I know what harshness is and I know what extension is. All I can say is wow! This is just like listening to everything else as sounding veiled in the IEM world. 
The balanced cable through the Dacamp 1 is where the magic lies. I tried it through my Mojo - veiled. Well veiled in comparison anyway. If you want less extension and less life , detail and soundstage to your music , put it in a Mojo which is warmer and more rolled off.
Seriously are we looking for the same old sound in every IEM that comes out? Punchy bass warmth mids but no treble please - because some people will say that it's harsh and fatiguing. I had them on for 6 hours solid - not fatiguing , not to my ears

i see. means CL1 works well with DACAMP and without it, CL1 is .....

And that is at flat setting - the Dacamp 1 needs nothing else. The Mojo has nothing else.

because mojo is made by amateur ? i dont think so. on the other hand....

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #368 of 515
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Takeanidea I am curious to see how well my m9XX pairs up with the CL1.

Have you had any time listening to the CL750? How do they compare?

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #369 of 515
  1 - i see. means CL1 works well with DACAMP and without it, CL1 is .....

2 - because mojo is made by amateur ? i dont think so. on the other hand....

1 - I know someone who will be eagerly awaiting my review. Cool! I shall be reluctant to give much more away as I'm too  busy getting my time on on these 3 items.
2 - Chord is not an amateur company , they make some of the finest digital products out there - period. The Mojo itself is so good I bought it and have had from the moment it came out (Oct 2015). It is fantastic. It does not offer balanced mode. I could not use the balanced cable. With the unbalanced cable through UAPP on the Mojo , the CL1 Ceramic was rolled off and lacking the magic. I am an amateur and proud of it! Long live the amateur! We do it for the love not for the money! 
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! @Takeanidea I am curious to see how well my m9XX pairs up with the CL1.

Have you had any time listening to the CL750? How do they compare?

Hi that's kind of you - you must try it soon. I have had time with the CL750. They are different that's for sure. The 750 is a competent enough IEM with a great cable and of course the Dacamp 1 is giving it something. It has no harshness either , the soundscape is average for an IEM in this class and the bass has a reasonable impact. The Ceramic is the one. My god is that the one!

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #370 of 515

damn....two in one package.....

Nov 29, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #371 of 515
Wow... veiled with mojo, thats not right surely as it is not rolled off its flat -0.1dB at 20KHz.

i think it must be enhanced treble tuning on the DACAMP but this makes sense as RHA seem to love a treble boosted sound.

Nov 29, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #372 of 515
  1 - I know someone who will be eagerly awaiting my review. Cool! I shall be reluctant to give much more away as I'm too  busy getting my time on on these 3 items.
2 - Chord is not an amateur company , they make some of the finest digital products out there - period. The Mojo itself is so good I bought it and have had from the moment it came out (Oct 2015). It is fantastic. It does not offer balanced mode. I could not use the balanced cable. With the unbalanced cable through UAPP on the Mojo , the CL1 Ceramic was rolled off and lacking the magic. I am an amateur and proud of it! Long live the amateur! We do it for the love not for the money! 
Hi that's kind of you - you must try it soon. I have had time with the CL750. They are different that's for sure. The 750 is a competent enough IEM with a great cable and of course the Dacamp 1 is giving it something. It has no harshness either , the soundscape is average for an IEM in this class and the bass has a reasonable impact. The Ceramic is the one. My god is that the one!

Eagerly waiting for your review too! and waiting for my turn during the asian tour. I'll be heading down to AvOne for a quick listen later...gotta jump the gun somewhat due to curiosity! 
ph34r.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #373 of 515
Well, regardless of the rather unappetizing first impressions we are getting in this thread, I still want to hear these new IEMs.

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #374 of 515
  Eagerly waiting for your review too! and waiting for my turn during the asian tour. I'll be heading down to AvOne for a quick listen later...gotta jump the gun somewhat due to curiosity! 
ph34r.gif

I would love to see what you thought of them at AvOne
  Well, regardless of the rather unappetizing first impressions we are getting in this thread, I still want to hear these new IEMs.

All our ears and tastes are different good to see you're keeping an open mind.

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #375 of 515
  Wow... veiled with mojo, thats not right surely as it is not rolled off its flat -0.1dB at 20KHz.

i think it must be enhanced treble tuning on the DACAMP but this makes sense as RHA seem to love a treble boosted sound.

You may have something there.... I was disappointed when I heard the Mojo in comparison with the Dacamp 1. And I absolutely love the Mojo and was fully prepared to have it wipe the floor of the Dacamp 1. So I was coming from a prejudiced viewpoint to start with and still the Mojo didn't sound as good. My normal listening is with a HiFiMan HE-6 Senn HD800 with lambswool and super DuPont resonator mod and an AKG K1000 bass heavy. That might give people an idea of the sort of sound I'm going to crave in an IEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back