Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Nov 28, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #346 of 515

And, with all that said, I'd still be happy to give the CL1 another shot with my Sony once I manage to get hold of a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adaptor. That speaks a lot of my approval of its everything from concept to build quality.

Thanks for sharing guys... But finding it hard to see where the CL750 fits in. Its priced at the lower to medium end but it needs an amp to reach its potential, Pity the staff in Apple stores trying to convey that!!

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #347 of 515

And, with all that said, I'd still be happy to give the CL1 another shot with my Sony once I manage to get hold of a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adaptor. That speaks a lot of my approval of its everything from concept to build quality.

the build quality of rha products is always 11/10 while sound quality is always mediocre with the exception of ma750.
time for them to roll out a new model.

Already for sale but wait for reviews, i bought the t10i blind and to this day that has to be the worst iem i ever heard, the free Samsung eadphone that came with my phone was 10X better.

well that free samsung earphone is better than the CL1
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #348 of 515
@audio123 Is it possible it's just not suited to your tastes?

I don't know how many times I've seen you quickly announce something new is the greatest thing ever, just to recant later.  Where you normally get quite excited about a new purchase, this could be just the opposite, where you absolutely hate it for now but it might grow on you in time.

Nov 28, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #349 of 515

I don't know how many times I've seen you quickly announce something new is the greatest thing ever, just to recant later.  Where you normally get quite excited about a new purchase, this could be just the opposite, where you absolutely hate it for now but it might grow on you in time.

no.
my impressions are being validated by others who have tried it.
if there is only 1 impression by me, you can doubt but there are similar impressions.

I was... Unpleasantly surprised by how thin and shrill sounding treble are on both models. The bass was not overpowering like the T10 and T20, but the mids were recessed and the trebles were just... Terrible. I have no idea why RHA tuned them that way. I tried both CL750 and CL1 from their dac amp, but no difference... It's really impossible for me to recommend anyone to get them, fan that I am of the MA750.

Shrill trebles, thin and a bit recessed mids, but decent bass out of my MW1A SE high-gain (that's the first time I feel the need of switching on high gain after I got the player). Diagnosis: SE power not enough for the piezo driver, i.e. thin, peaky and shrill trebles, but good enough for the dynamic driver, i.e. decent bass. It seems the crossover point is set way too low, giving the DD too little to handle while the piezo taking up too much.

it is really one of the worst flagship iem ever made.
to sum up: shrill, thin, recessed.
cheers!
caution: the sound of the cl1 is extremely piercing.
Also, RHA did not release any FR graphs of the CL1 and CL750 which I believe the FR will deter consumers from buying the product.

beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #352 of 515

I've been listening to the CL1 a lot today. The Treble sharpness depends on both the source used, the quality of the file and the type of music. With some, treble indeed can get sharper, although I'm still hoping burn in(...) cures it.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #353 of 515

yes but even if his views are to the extreme its still his views and hes allowed to voice them 

if somone came in the thread spouting out the other extreme like its the best iem in the world theyve never heard better, im gonna sell all my gear etc then they wouldnt be told to quieten down it would be praised.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #354 of 515
I am more eager than ever to give these a Listen.  These dramatic and polarizing views really intrigue me.  It just goes to show that everyone hears differently.  

As for the earlier comment about the disappointment that the MMCX connectors are proprietary, RHA announced that they will be sharing these specs with other companies, so it makes sense that in time custom cables will be made. If the new connector does as RHA promised, essentially strengthening the connection and preventing damage is this not a good thing? I would rather the connection be strong then needing to replace a cable that does not work, or even worse, replace the actual headphone because the connector has gone bad.

Even if this headphone is a dud, I still applaud RHA for trying something new.  The fact that RHA is attempting new things, failures or not, is how great and new things come about.  I would rather have a failed attempt at greatness, than no innovation at all.  Just my two cents! 

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #355 of 515
  I am more eager than ever to give these a Listen.  These dramatic and polarizing views really intrigue me.  It just goes to show that everyone hears differently.  

As for the earlier comment about the disappointment that the MMCX connectors are proprietary, RHA announced that they will be sharing these specs with other companies, so it makes sense that in time custom cables will be made. If the new connector does as RHA promised, essentially strengthening the connection and preventing damage is this not a good thing? I would rather the connection be strong then needing to replace a cable that does not work, or even worse, replace the actual headphone because the connector has gone bad.

Even if this headphone is a dud, I still applaud RHA for trying something new.  The fact that RHA is attempting new things, failures or not, is how great and new things come about.  I would rather have a failed attempt at greatness, than no innovation at all.  Just my two cents! 

Maybe I wasn't making it clear as it should. I think I called it proprietary mmcx but really their mmcx isn't all that proprietary - maybe just a few tweeks and turns and some more stringent standards required - BUT what makes after market cables inapplicable IS THEIR SUPER DUPER RECESSED mmcx socket, not the mmcx part.

AND it would be useless to share their specs IF their cans can't sell well in the first place. Which cable maker would be willing to make tailor made cables for a model that doesn't sell?

IT is the SOCKET that needs some revising, not the mmcx metalwork. You'd know what I mean when you see the real thing, and tried to plug in every available after market mmcx cables to no avail.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #356 of 515

yes but even if his views are to the extreme its still his views and hes allowed to voice them 

if somone came in the thread spouting out the other extreme like its the best iem in the world theyve never heard better, im gonna sell all my gear etc then they wouldnt be told to quieten down it would be praised.

i believe the graph validates the impressions already
wink.gif

look at the graph and you will know how bad the sound is.
there is a reason why they did not release the FR graph until you bought the product which from a business perspective, it is a smart move by them.

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #357 of 515
And audio123 please stop repeating yourself that many time if you may..................I know you can have your own view but repeating like 10 times sth like "it sounds bad" doesn't really help people to understand the product eh? And it makes people like me who shares somewhat similar view like you feel somehow uncomfy.............(maybe it's my problem who knows.......but never hurt allowing some breathing space for other views to come in i guess.)

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #358 of 515
  And audio123 please stop repeating yourself that many time if you may..................I know you can have your own view but repeating like 10 times sth like "it sounds bad" doesn't really help people to understand the product eh? And it makes people like me who shares somewhat similar view like you feel somehow uncomfy.............(maybe it's my problem who knows.......but never hurt allowing some breathing space for other views to come in i guess.)

alright!
beerchug.gif

Nov 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #360 of 515

i believe the graph validates the impressions already
wink.gif

look at the graph and you will know how bad the sound is.
there is a reason why they did not release the FR graph until you bought the product which from a business perspective, it is a smart move by them.

Just for general information sake, the FR graph has been on the RHA website for well over a month.  They did not hide it.

Click on the link and scroll down to the bottom and you will see it :) https://www.rha-audio.com/products/cl1-ceramic

Also, I am always wary of judging a headphone based on an FR graph as there are times they are very misleading.  The best test a person can make is with their own two ears 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back