Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Nov 26, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #316 of 515
  thanks so much!!! now i can go back to truth vs ie800 :D

no worries. comparing to flagship dynamic iems, cl1 got to be the worst out of the lot lol.
i do have to admit rha iems are of fantastic build quality but of course, let the sound do the talking, very mediocre sounding.
cheers!
beerchug.gif

Nov 26, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #318 of 515
I'll be able to demo the CL750 at a local audio event tomorrow. Looking forward to it given how much I enjoyed the M705.

u will be in for a treat with the audeze isine, fiio/jh iems. rha was the only disappointment in the room

Nov 26, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #326 of 515
Yeah just as I imagened, it's shame they can't keep the treble under control ma750 got extremely harsh at times and T10 too v shaped for my liking.

Huh, it must be differences in personal preference and/or anatomy because I've never found MA750 to be harsh. But I've been in your position before, where I definitely hear an IEM as harsh but a fellow headfier doesn't hear it that way.

Man, I had a post all typed up with my thoughts from RMAF, but I'm going to sit on them for a few days until I get the RHA kit in house. I'll be back soon to let you know if what I heard at the show is replicated while listening in my house, though...

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #330 of 515
Just got back from ISSE, here are my thoughts:

Disclaimer: I have a cold and running nose that might have affected my listening impressions, but my own iems still sound great to me so...

I was an owner and great fan of the MA750.

I was... Unpleasantly surprised by how thin and shrill sounding treble are on both models. The bass was not overpowering like the T10 and T20, but the mids were recessed and the trebles were just... Terrible. I have no idea why RHA tuned them that way. I tried both CL750 and CL1 from their dac amp, but no difference... It's really impossible for me to recommend anyone to get them, fan that I am of the MA750.

I didn't spend enough time with the dac amp to formulate any kind of impressions, just that there isn't anything special about it to justify its price. The treble and bass knobs work as advertised, but since all my sources tend to be flat and neutral, I prefer the knobs set to off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back