Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA
Aug 30, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #121 of 515
  You guys sending out some pairs for review? Either through the headfi community or other reviewers? Would be nice to get impressions of these before they come out.

I will say this, these products look stellar and they show how hard you guys work in the innovation of your products, keep up the good work!

+1

Aug 31, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #123 of 515

based on your r&d, is the iem sensitive to different materials of cable? what is the composite material of the stock cable? i understand dedicated cable companies can produce better cables. wouldnt making proprietary cables limit the choice for upgrade and enhancement?
cheers!

To an extent, yes. The difference is minimal using single-ended outputs, but balanced, we found the core material did have an impact on sound quality, which is why we've included the balanced Ag4x cable with the product alongside the single-ended OFC. cable.

Thanks for the response! I just have one very serious questions at this point. Can you sell me the CL1 and Dacamp L1 right now? I've spent countless hours justifying the purchase of both products and I no longer have the mental energy to wait until the release date. I think it's the least you could do. I thank you in advance for your cooperation 
smily_headphones1.gif

We'll get details about the on-sale up as soon as we can.

@RHA Iain Can you say some words about the overall design of the amp? In particular, is at a zero feedback design?

This is one I've given the engineers a shout about, I don't want to get any specifics wrong, sorry. I will get back to you as soon as I've heard from them (might be a little while).

On a more serious note -- what's the clock source for the DAC? 

We're using a third party controller for clocking.

I suppose there's no chance of getting a balanced cable with a regular MMCX connector is there?

It's on the list, but it's quite a big list at the moment (with cables for both the CL1 and Dacamp needed). 

---

Regarding review tours - we'll be announcing details after IFA, but units are limited in short term (lots of other shows coming up), so we'll do our best to get something 

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:16 AM Post #124 of 515

I suppose there's no chance of getting a balanced cable with a regular MMCX connector is there?

It's on the list, but it's quite a big list at the moment (with cables for both the CL1 and Dacamp needed). 

Please also one Mini XLR --> 2-pin IEM connectors too, while you are at it.

Also, hoping that the preorder will not be region limited (US and UK only).

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #125 of 515

Thanks for the consideration! I'd love one of those awesome looking cables for an L1/SE846 combo.

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #126 of 515

To an extent, yes. The difference is minimal using single-ended outputs, but balanced, we found the core material did have an impact on sound quality, which is why we've included the balanced Ag4x cable with the product alongside the single-ended OFC. cable.

thanks for your input. highly likely i will get it
redface.gif

Aug 31, 2016 at 1:47 PM Post #127 of 515

Please also one Mini XLR --> 2-pin IEM connectors too, while you are at it.

Also, hoping that the preorder will not be region limited (US and UK only).

I found this while looking for a 2-pin cable: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182220565074?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #128 of 515
  I found this while looking for a 2-pin cable: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182220565074?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's nice to have that option, but I'd never go for it in a TOTL setup -- too much weight + contact area.

RHA, the Mini XLR to 2-pin cable please! :)  Want to be able to hook some Noble into that amp at some point.

That said, I'm hoping the CL1+L1 combo will simply set a new level in (not just portable) audio.

Sep 1, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #129 of 515

It's nice to have that option, but I'd never go for it in a TOTL setup -- too much weight + contact area.

RHA, the Mini XLR to 2-pin cable please! :)  Want to be able to hook some Noble into that amp at some point.

That said, I'm hoping the CL1+L1 combo will simply set a new level in (not just portable) audio.

Hopefully they make that cable. I'd buy one for my Savannas if I don't turn them loose after I get the CL1 :p

Sep 1, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #130 of 515
Those sabre mk2 dacs are mobile class dacs like in the oppo. Think I'll give this one a pass and get the Sony. I just despise Sony customer service so very much!

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #131 of 515
Those sabre mk2 dacs are mobile class dacs like in the oppo. Think I'll give this one a pass and get the Sony. I just despise Sony customer service so very much!

What chip is in the SONY and how is it better?

The Dacamp has 2 of them:

http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en/products/sabre-digital-analog-converters/sabre-hifi-mobile-dacs/sabre-hifi-stereo-dacs/es9018k2m/

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #132 of 515

Uses the ESS9018S which is desktop class. It'll be better for me since I'll be using it mainly for desktop use and occasional portable as opposed to mainly portable which I think the RHA would be better for since its smaller and the battery will last longer.

http://www.esstech.com/files/1414/4095/2154/ES9018S_PB_v1.7_140916.pdf

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #133 of 515

ESS9018K2M:

ESS9018:

Mind you though the dacamp has 2x ESS9018K2M

So in mono config - I guess the differences between dual mono 9018K2M setup and single 9018 setup should be marginal if audible at all.

Cheers.
http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en/products/sabre-digital-analog-converters/sabre-hifi-mobile-dacs/sabre-hifi-stereo-dacs/es9018k2m/
http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en/products/sabre-digital-analog-converters/audiophile-dacs/classic-sabre-8-channel-dacs/es9018/

Sep 1, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #134 of 515
  So in mono config - I guess the differences between dual mono 9018K2M setup and single 9018 setup should be marginal if audible at all.

Haha you beat me to it (except I'd be too lazy to post the schemes).

The main difference (besides the desktop version being multi-channel) seems to be the way they implement the clock signal? There's the "OSC" module on the desktop chip. (Also no idea what's the VREF for.)

However that doesn't seem to have any effect on the THD+N which both chips have -120dB. The DNR's are so ridiculously high I don't think there's any audible difference either.

Sep 1, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #135 of 515
Questions about Dacamp L1:
1. Does it has USB host bulit in for mobile devices? No need for OTG cable / photo cable for Andorid and iOS devices? (looking at pictures I guess it has)
2. Can mobile devices charging be switched off (power bank feature)?
3. Can L1 be used wile charging? (repeated question)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back