Introducing the Aurisonics Auris
Mar 7, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #91 of 113
I've checked the Phonak Audeo V manual. Not only do you need an extra streaming device on top of your source, but it only connects via analog audio.
So the chain is actually DAP - D2A - cable - A2D - NFMI - D2A - earpiece (if I'm not mistaken).

Out of curiosity, which aptX enabled devices did you try? I've been testing several receivers in practice and only one of them exhibited recurring connection drops.
If anything, it's an issue with implementation in my book, not with BT / aptX technology itself.

That said, reception will surely be a tricky part of the Auris concept, regardless of the technology being used.

PM sent!

Mar 7, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #92 of 113
  only interested in what aurisonics have to make :wink:

Aurisonics does have a proven track record, but I won't turn a deaf ear to what other companies have to offer in the future.

my experience with aptX overall hasn't been that good with regards to antenna connections and drops.

The only time I suffered from endemic BT disconnections, it was an Android bug: My newly-updated Nexus 4 started to drop its BT connection (which could be recovered only through rebooting the phone) each time it switched to a new Wi-Fi network, which in the subway was quite often. Otherwise, my main problem with BT has to do with switching connections, as sometimes I need to disable BT from my PC (which means I need to be close to it) so that my headset will be "free" to connect to my phone. Otherwise, all too often, the headset says -- in its pleasant female voice -- that the connection has switched, but the phone shows that it has only partially switched (??), so that no sound travels from the phone until I disable BT on the PC.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #97 of 113
I certainly hope it's still alive, and I do know that Dale and his team were working on developing a couple of new items when we spoke at RMAF last year. It's entirely possible that Aurisonics has shifted the focus of their R&D to another prototype product I was shown in Denver. It's entirely possible that the early stage prototype I heard is one of the recently announced Kicker, Solo, or Harmony IEMs.

Now that those have been officially announced perhaps the R&D team is shifting back to developing the Auris. One can only hope.

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #102 of 113

I'm right behind you on this one. These are some of my most anticipated headphones alongside the Dash by Bragi. I hold higher expectations for the sound quality from Aurisonics and I hope to see them stomp the competition.

I know, I'm stoked for both of these! I backed Rockets and The Dash -- two extremely talented teams with really nice CEO's.

Auris and The Dash will be different in that Bragi's is a smart IEM, and Aurisonic's seems to be a general wireless IEM. I'm curious, though, why you think that Auris will beat The Dash in the sound department. I think time will only tell once we have both products in our ears! Don't forget, most of Bragi's sound team were previously long-time employees of AKG who produced some amazing sound equipment and developed numerous innovations/patents over the years. Dale and his team have achieved SO much with their products in a few short years, not to mention the great work Dale accomplished prior to establishing his own IEM company. It's tough to predict what will happen. I know that Nikolaj recently said that he has been thrilled with the sound quality from the production samples, and he has been striving to make everything about The Dash beyond perfect. Dale is also a perfectionist. It's gonna be close, and both will be amazing!

I think I've been avoiding predictions. I'm just going to wait and see what each product will do!

I just hope that Auris will have a competitive price. I'm hoping it'll cost no more than the MSRP of The Dash -- with SO many wireless models hitting the market soon, I want The Dash and Auris to be top sellers!

I wish I'd know when Auris will hit Kickstarter!

Aug 5, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #103 of 113

I know, I'm stoked for both of these! I backed Rockets and The Dash -- two extremely talented teams with really nice CEO's.

Auris and The Dash will be different in that Bragi's is a smart IEM, and Aurisonic's seems to be a general wireless IEM. I'm curious, though, why you think that Auris will beat The Dash in the sound department. I think time will only tell once we have both products in our ears! Don't forget, most of Bragi's sound team were previously long-time employees of AKG who produced some amazing sound equipment and developed numerous innovations/patents over the years. Dale and his team have achieved SO much with their products in a few short years, not to mention the great work Dale accomplished prior to establishing his own IEM company. It's tough to predict what will happen. I know that Nikolaj recently said that he has been thrilled with the sound quality from the production samples, and he has been striving to make everything about The Dash beyond perfect. Dale is also a perfectionist. It's gonna be close, and both will be amazing!

I think I've been avoiding predictions. I'm just going to wait and see what each product will do!

I just hope that Auris will have a competitive price. I'm hoping it'll cost no more than the MSRP of The Dash -- with SO many wireless models hitting the market soon, I want The Dash and Auris to be top sellers!

I wish I'd know when Auris will hit Kickstarter!

The logic behind my thoughts stems from the fact that the Bragi team is made up primarily of electrical and mechanical engineers while Dale from Aurisonics is an audio engineer. Yeah Bragi has employees who have worked with HK and AKG, but they were in design and mechanical design. I've heard Dale's ASG line and the Rockets and very much enjoyed them. I haven't heard anything from Bragi since they're a young company so I have no idea what to expect from them. One more thing to consider is how complicated each device is. There are more "bells and whistles" on the Dash which, while awesome, complicates a system and makes it harder to squeeze out the best possible sound. The Bragi "house sound" is also an unknown variable.

When all is said and done, if the Dash is better than the Auris then I will be a believer. But I went into the Dash looking for a fun headphone that can withstand a bunch of different activities, not one at the peak of performance.

I no longer expect to see the Auris hit Kickstarter. It's been said that Dale and his team have chosen to not crowdfund the Auris after the issues with the Rockets.

Aug 5, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #104 of 113
That's really too bad - I was looking forward to good-sounding in-ears that are truly wireless, i.e. no cable connecting the two earpieces. Any other options there, other than the Dash? And are there any that actually made it to production, or are they all concepts at the moment?

Aug 5, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #105 of 113
  That's really too bad - I was looking forward to good-sounding in-ears that are truly wireless, i.e. no cable connecting the two earpieces. Any other options there, other than the Dash? And are there any that actually made it to production, or are they all concepts at the moment?

These guys say they'll be launching production this month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back