Introducing the Audeze MM-500!
May 5, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #436 of 472
Prefer the MM to any other Audeze I had and heard(2,3,4,5 and X)and it’s my favourite planar headphone. It’s not the typical Audeze house sound but more open with better resolution/clarity without being shouty…at least to my ears.
For me they changed considerably to the better with (brain) burn in.

May 7, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #437 of 472
Got the mm500, and i had almost all totl auduze ( lcd4, lcd 4z, lcd mx4, lcd 2, lcd2, lcd xc ....), this is my favorite period

I am so surprised not many talk bout it here

To my ears it has the best midrange and is simply in no need for eq at all, it has great bass and amazing highs, and u literally are engulfed in a rich sound, and what an amazing midrange, so full and rich and not harsh or wonky at all, the midrange is perfect

Some reviewers literally did not give it justice when they talk bout the midrange or the 3khz issues, I am literally not hearing any issue at all, those reviewers see graphs, but it seems they forget to listen to the what their ears really hear. The midrange is perfect period, tuned by a master engineer no doubt

There is literally not one thing I would change in its tuning

I am using holo audio bliss and the sound is perfect

Since they will be in my collection for a very very long time can we order pads, as I like always to have new pads, in case the pads wear out, as I see myself keeping them for a very very very long time

There is literally not one thing I would change in its tuning, its the only headphone in my collection where I literally have no complaints at all in the tuning

@Audeze

Last edited:
May 7, 2023 at 3:24 PM Post #438 of 472
I am glad when I read these kind of reactions, makes me assured it is not just me enjoying them more then expensive hp's :)

May 7, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #439 of 472
I am glad when I read these kind of reactions, makes me assured it is not just me enjoying them more then expensive hp's :)
l think some reviewers just maybe gave wrong impressions as they read graphs too much

May 8, 2023 at 1:24 AM Post #440 of 472
Got the mm500, and i had almost all totl auduze ( lcd4, lcd 4z, lcd mx4, lcd 2, lcd2, lcd xc ....), this is my favorite period

To my ears it has the best midrange and is simply in no need for eq at all, it has great bass and amazing highs, and u literally are engulfed in a rich sound, and what an amazing midrange, so full and rich and not harsh or wonky at all, the midrange is perfect

Some reviewers literally did not give it justice when they talk bout the midrange or the 3khz issues, I am literally not hearing any issue at all, those reviewers see graphs, but it seems they forget to listen to the what their ears really hear. The midrange is perfect period, tuned by a master engineer no doubt

Since they will be in my collection for a very very long time can we order pads, as I like always to have new pads, in case the pads wear out, as I see myself keeping them for a very very very long time

There is literally not one thing I would change in its tuning, its the only headphone in my collection where I literally have no complaints at all in the tuning

@Audeze
I have been enjoying some new(er) toys lately (Focal Bathys, AüR Audio Aure IEM's) but now spending a few hours with Audeze MM-500 through a tube amp and yes, they are darn near perfect, neutral and resolving but still beautiful, highly engaging sound. They reward close listening but can also be enjoyed more causally when that is preferred. I am very happy with the MM-500.

May 8, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #441 of 472

@Audeze
You might enjoy using the word "literally" now that I have introduced it to you.
All jokes aside, the MM-500s are underappreciated in a way that is kind of sad. Time will tell if it becomes as underappreciated as the LCD3.

May 8, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #442 of 472
@Audeze

May 9, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #444 of 472

@Audeze
Exactly my thoughts on them. I thought they sounded amazing for electronic music.

May 17, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #445 of 472
LCD-3 Pre fazor is the best headphone Audeze ever made- period. It has bass weight and impact, midrange weight and presence and superb resolution. It delivers music with heft and power like nothing else I have ever heard......... Dark deep tonal saturation, with excellent air and resolution- when powered correctly...

Regarding the dip in the treble, just replace the old pads with the new 2022 pads- and the dip is undipped....

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2023 at 5:38 PM Post #446 of 472
Does the MM-500 have the same 3-pin cable connectors that the LCD series has? I built a balanced cable for my current LCD-2F and wonder if that will simply plug right into the MM-500?
From the photos, it looks like it will fit. Just asking to be sure.

Jun 14, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #449 of 472
Norne or Forza Audio

Jun 15, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #450 of 472

The MM500 have a Single ended plug(for reference)​

My Amp has a 4pin balanced XLR so I purchased the Audeze stock cable with a 4pin XLR​

Didn’t like it ,not a significant sound improvement in my system​

So I’ve bought the​

GUCraftsman 16 Strands 7N Single Crystal Copper/Silver Mixed Headphone Cable for AUDEZE LCD-X LCD-XC LCD2 LCD3 LCD4 LC5 LCD24 LCD-MX4 MM-500 MEZE Empyrean Elite Kennerton Thror Vali (4Pin XLR Plug) ..$290!! (By mistake I thought I got the $165 one :))​

Day and Night change. The MM500 puts you (on) the stage and focuses on what’s near you,with the GU (cables) I could hear what’s on the stage in a more “holographic” experience and overall more organic experience.​

Connections do matter at this class level​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back