Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Oct 28, 2023 at 4:21 PM Post #1,576 of 1,644
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #1,578 of 1,644
Updated the list to a new format. Secretive group it seems :spy::sunglasses:
Let me check the one I have and let you know when I can.

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #1,579 of 1,644
2 years gone by, still no regular release.

Oct 29, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #1,580 of 1,644
2 years gone by, still no regular release.
Having a headphone that's 1 of 70 where each one has a unique Lichtenstein pattern on it and it's an exotic driver type that Audeze has never made before or since was a lot of the appeal to me tbh. If they made a mass release I'd like it less :sweat_smile:

I bought mine mostly as a collector's item/art piece.

Oct 30, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #1,581 of 1,644
Having a headphone that's 1 of 70 where each one has a unique Lichtenstein pattern on it and it's an exotic driver type that Audeze has never made before or since was a lot of the appeal to me tbh. If they made a mass release I'd like it less :sweat_smile:

I bought mine mostly as a collector's item/art piece.
The exclusivity is awesome and one of the reasons I'll never get rid of mine, but I totally agree with the uniqueness of the driver and the Lichtenstein work. It is actually one of the best looking headphones I have ever seen (sorry ZMF).

Oct 30, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #1,582 of 1,644
I've been running the LCD-Rs with a Chord Qutest since I got them (~2 years now) and just flipped it out for a Holo Spring KTE. Holy smooth and wide details, Batman!

I also threw a Lokius into the mix and changed the source from a MacBook Pro to the iFi New Stream, but not all simultaneously. The iFi made very little difference vs. the laptop. However, it has made things much easier to sit back in the chair while sipping an adult beverage :beerchug:

The Lokius makes things more fun. The Holo totally blew me away!

Compared to the Qutest, the Holo opens the soundstage up and adds more detail to the bass. I've always felt my version of the Qutest is amazing in mids and treble. It shines more with a tube amp to open up the lower side. Nothing has been lost in the mids or highs switching to the Holo. It has all been additive - especially in the soundstage. I can't get over how much these cans have been opened up by it.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 3:56 PM Post #1,584 of 1,644
Is anyone opposed to the new 'table' I made for the list? Took a while to type it out :D
Looks good, much easier to read :beerchug:

Oct 30, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #1,586 of 1,644
Where's the serial number located? I must be blind.

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #1,587 of 1,644
Is anyone opposed to the new 'table' I made for the list? Took a while to type it out :D
Which page was that on? I wish we could pin specific posts to a thread. I am guessing that could end up being a mess with the rest of the forum.

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:37 AM Post #1,589 of 1,644
Where's the serial number located? I must be blind.
From the Audeze website....

LCD Headphones

The Serial Number is on the barcode sticker on the cardboard box, the Certificate Of Authenticity that came with the headphones, and on the headphones in one of two places (depending on when they were made): inside the left adjustment block (near your ear when you're wearing them), or on a small sticker underneath the headband strap, off to one side and just above the adjustment block.

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #1,590 of 1,644

Users who are viewing this thread

Back