Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Sep 15, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #1,081 of 1,636
I'm not privy to provide that level of info. LCD-X 2021 graphs are posted regularly on the X thread, however.
I’m guessing the obvious dips and rises in FR graphs on disparate measuring devices and setups is good enough. Either way, the LCD-X is different enough from what I have seen to warrant it’s own reveal plug-in.

Unless it’s fair to say, that the changes from that plug-in only modify the sound slightly enough that both headphones can share the changes that Audeze wants to introduce with their reveal plugin.

Sep 16, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #1,082 of 1,636
Go to page 48 of this thread. @Rubin has a bunch of nice frequency response graphs for the LCD-R.

Here is one he posted with the LCD-R (bass boost on and bass boost off on the Jot A) with the LCD-X '21:
1631740694409.png

Thank you for pointing this out to me and thanks to the person who made it. However, I'm not sure it is very accurate. The Jot-A manual describes the bass shelf (not boost) like this: "When it is on it attenuates mids and highs and leaves bass unchanged. This makes overall loudness lower with more bassy tonal balance." The graph shows the highs unchanged and the bass boosted. Also, the LCD-X 2021 measurements at ASR look significantly different from what is shown here (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ze-lcd-x-review-2021-edition-headphone.25271/).

Sep 16, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,083 of 1,636
Thank you for pointing this out to me and thanks to the person who made it. However, I'm not sure it is very accurate. The Jot-A manual describes the bass shelf (not boost) like this: "When it is on it attenuates mids and highs and leaves bass unchanged. This makes overall loudness lower with more bassy tonal balance." The graph shows the highs unchanged and the bass boosted. Also, the LCD-X 2021 measurements at ASR look significantly different from what is shown here (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ze-lcd-x-review-2021-edition-headphone.25271/).

Headphines tend to be measured at 80 dB SPL (or some other similar reference) @1kHz. The bass boost switch woukd require volume to be adjusted to meet that target. Thats what you are seeing in the graph

Sep 16, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #1,087 of 1,636
Schiit: "When it is on it attenuates mids and highs and leaves bass unchanged"

If it is aligned at 1 kHz, we should still see a drop in the highs and less change in the lower bass.

I'm not sure what makes you think that tbh. Atenuating hughs and turning volume up is the same as just boosting bas. I'm not realy understanding what the confusion is here if I'm honest. Would you mind explaining a bit more?

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #1,088 of 1,636
Schiit: "When it is on it attenuates mids and highs and leaves bass unchanged"

If it is aligned at 1 kHz, we should still see a drop in the highs and less change in the lower bass.
1 kHz drops, like everything else but the bass.
If you align the graphs at 1kHz then the bass appears boosted and the rest pretty much unchanged.

Sep 16, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #1,090 of 1,636
Measurement fights got me like:

cosmo-kramer-seinfeld.gif

Sep 16, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #1,092 of 1,636
It's a mid-high shelf and it tells the same story either way you look at it. I understand what you saying and the graph should show an alignment at the knee of the shelf. That would get the graph to 'look' more like what you are asking for, but it tells the exact same story. You want to do more deductive EQ'ing than additive. Schiiteze decided to use the amplifier energy at the tougher portion of the FR. A very novel solution.

Sep 16, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #1,093 of 1,636
If it is helpful, here is my LCD-X 2021 graph straight from Audeze. Many many other graphs on the LCD-X thread.
2673C8AE-8217-46CA-A887-DB98A43ACCE9.jpeg

So who’s got the scoop whether or not LCD-R comes back in a new, more widely available form?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #1,094 of 1,636
Does anyone have any new amp options to report on?

Sep 18, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #1,095 of 1,636
Does anyone have any new amp options to report on?

Wa8 works and is a clear step up from jot. Ill be trying wa33 today as well (wa22 also works but I don't have access to one of those). I have a number of other options I've seen reports of from others but haven't tried myself. I'll put together a propper post later today or maybe early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back