Introducing the Audeze LCD-R!
Jul 29, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #452 of 1,636
Thanks for the info...I'm actually looking for something specifically for Rock and Roll...my current setup doesn't do much for Rock imo.

Get it!

Back on the LCD-R…

A few more songs in. Holy mouth-dropper! What this thing does for drums and guitars is nothing short of magical.

It felt like hearing Elvis‘ Suspicious Minds for the first time. The mixture of horns and guitar led me to Don Henley’s Boys of Summer and again - wow! Maquiladora by Radiohead is usually a distorted mess. Not this time. I really like that track to figure out what headphones ate truly worth their salt.

The Royal Phillharmonic Orchestra is continuing this mind blowing session.

C-R-A-P, I’m going to have to listen to every song again. :beerchug: Audeze. Nicely done! You get a FYEAH!!!

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #453 of 1,636
Get it!

Back on the LCD-R…

A few more songs in. Holy mouth-dropper! What this thing does for drums and guitars is nothing short of magical.

It felt like hearing Elvis‘ Suspicious Minds for the first time. The mixture of horns and guitar led me to Don Henley’s Boys of Summer and again - wow! Maquiladora by Radiohead is usually a distorted mess. Not this time. I really like that track to figure out what headphones ate truly worth their salt.

The Royal Phillharmonic Orchestra is continuing this mind blowing session.

C-R-A-P, I’m going to have to listen to every song again. :beerchug: Audeze. Nicely done! You get a FYEAH!!!
What headphones could you compare your findings to, so that everyone else on the forum has more of a sonic reference?

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #454 of 1,636
What headphones could you compare your findings to, so that everyone else on the forum has more of a sonic reference?
I wish there were an easy answer. I’m hearing different details than I’ve heard on other cans around the house. At the same time, I don’t think it is fair for me to opine with comparisons while the LCD-Rs are so fresh.

Unfortunately I can already say these are the least comfortable headphones I own. Different pads would help a ton.

They also have the usual Audeze LCD hotspot that makes it so I have to be stationary with them. I had the same hotspot issue with the original LCDs and the 4s.

I know you’re watching this thread, Audeze. I hope you can help us out in the future.

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #455 of 1,636
I wish there were an easy answer. I’m hearing different details than I’ve heard on other cans around the house. At the same time, I don’t think it is fair for me to opine with comparisons while the LCD-Rs are so fresh.

Unfortunately I can already say these are the least comfortable headphones I own. Different pads would help a ton.

They also have the usual Audeze LCD hotspot that makes it so I have to be stationary with them. I had the same hotspot issue with the original LCDs and the 4s.

I know you’re watching this thread, Audeze. I hope you can help us out in the future.
Man, that's really unfortunate. It seems these headphones might subject to a more narrow range of ergonomic "fit". Personally, I find them more comfortable than the LCD-4, and I had no trouble with those cans.

Jul 29, 2021 at 6:32 PM Post #457 of 1,636
Well, Audeze is going radical.

They will release the Carbon electrostat. $4300.

Ballsy.

As some of us guessed, can't wait for first impressions

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #458 of 1,636
I wish them the best of luck. Unfortunately totally irrelevant to me.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #459 of 1,636
I wish them the best of luck. Unfortunately totally irrelevant to me.
Already did the stat thing. I wish them luck for what they propose is the best sounding driver they've ever heard.

I know my poison.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #460 of 1,636
Im very curious for the estat audeze, would give me an excuse to buy a more worthy energizer for my jr as well :p

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #461 of 1,636
Well, I've done it. I guess I'll be the first person crazy enough to get rid of my susvara's in favor of the LCD-R.

After spending more time listening to these cans, I just can't get over how much better they sound in the vocals and sound stage. Funnily enough, what did it for me was Ariana Grande. I usually don't listen to her, but after listening to some of her songs on the LCD-R, then switching back to the susvara, I almost chuckled out loud because of how mediocre the susvara sounded in comparison.

Now don't get me wrong, the susvara definitely has better sub bass, and has great detail for electronic type music. But to me, the LCD-R is capable enough that I won't miss those features and instead favor it's overall lushness.

So yeah, I'm selling my susvara's.

Jul 30, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #462 of 1,636
Well, I've done it. I guess I'll be the first person crazy enough to get rid of my susvara's in favor of the LCD-R.

After spending more time listening to these cans, I just can't get over how much better they sound in the vocals and sound stage. Funnily enough, what did it for me was Ariana Grande. I usually don't listen to her, but after listening to some of her songs on the LCD-R, then switching back to the susvara, I almost chuckled out loud because of how mediocre the susvara sounded in comparison.

Now don't get me wrong, the susvara definitely has better sub bass, and has great detail for electronic type music. But to me, the LCD-R is capable enough that I won't miss those features and instead favor it's overall lushness.

So yeah, I'm selling my susvara's.
I assume this was after switching amps?

Jul 30, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #463 of 1,636
I assume this was after switching amps?
That is correct. Don't get me wrong, they still sound great on the Jot. They keep all the same tonality, they just sound sharper and faster on a different amp.

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #464 of 1,636
Add me to the list who’s ordered LCD-R :)

Can't wait to put it up against Susvara, HE60, Utopia, LCD4, ADX5000 and HE6!

Recently owned SR1a, HEDD & Verite Open as well, so I have a good frame of reference for flagships and diff technologies.

So excited

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 30, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #465 of 1,636
The eagle has landed chez Rubin. Won't have a chance for a careful listen until this evening but a quick listen suggests that these are indeed in a different league than the XC!

I am strangely delighted by the fact of owning headphones that @PeteSTRADAMUS hasn't heard. This has gotta be the only high end pair you haven't owned or tried yet?
Lol, there are tons I didn't hear yet. I'm always selling everything I own. Then buying new stuff. The never ending audio journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back