Introducing the Astell&Kern A&ultima SP2000T
Dec 24, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #392 of 455
Yes, I would try AMP12 but also, your description of some of the sound of the DX300 is not what I hear or a friend who brings over his stash of daps. The stock amp of the DX300 is very tube like. But this is a thread about the SP2000T so back to that.

I will check on that!

I always heard the DX300 quite forward and aggressive, which is very lively and enjoyable. By comparison, SP2000T is more relaxed, but I will edit the review to include AMP12 for iBasso, which should help a lot! Also, thank you for pointing it out, I spent most of my time with DX240 from iBasso which also has that lively sound.

No. Sorry. It’s a mistake anymore can make. Just 1 letter to many bleed

Thank you, will edit it :)

Dec 26, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #395 of 455
Confirm, no hissing or buzzing before and after the update. Still enjoying the sound of this gorgeous dap🥳
Buzzing/hissing is noticeably and IMO is wifi RFI picked up by the NuTube module. No firmware update will improve it. More noticeably with sensitive iems as A&K Solaris X. Not the worst thing in the world but regretably A&K Solaris X is a poor pairing with A&K SP 2000T. I can´t understand why many reviewers (some exception) don´t mention it. Incredible those golden ears publishing reviews don´t hear buzzing/hissing streaming (again, some exceptions).

Only my 2 cents.

Dec 26, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #396 of 455
Buzzing/hissing is noticeably and IMO is wifi RFI picked up by the NuTube module. No firmware update will improve it. More noticeably with sensitive iems as A&K Solaris X. Not the worst thing in the world but regretably A&K Solaris X is a poor pairing with A&K SP 2000T. I can´t understand why many reviewers (some exception) don´t mention it. Incredible those golden ears publishing reviews don´t hear buzzing/hissing streaming (again, some exceptions).

Only my 2 cents.
I love the SP2000T with my andromeda’s and Solaris LE. My workaround for the tube module picking up wifi RFI is to download an album before listening. I did this with DX200/AMP9, also.

HTH.

Dec 26, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #397 of 455
To
I love the SP2000T with my andromeda’s and Solaris LE. My workaround for the tube module picking up wifi RFI is to download an album before listening. I did this with DX200/AMP9, also.

HTH.
Totally agree. But this not an option using the DAP as Roon endpoint.

SOUND Signature of SP2000T is impressive but I feel A&K would design tube module more carefully for a € 2.600 DAP.

And I also feel people who reviews loaned demo units in exchange for his honest opinión should point out this issue. Great DAP, great sound, but….,some weak points regarding wifi, streaming….

Dec 26, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #398 of 455
I did try the SP2000T for about an hour the other day on a high RFI environment and didn’t notice any issue with any of the 64a IEMs.

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #399 of 455

Only my 2 cents.
That's incredible! May be something wrong with the quality of some daps? May be that's it. Because I have no hissing with Solaris SE but you have with Solaris X. As I understand both have the same specs. And I have no buzzing, simply zero buzzing with my 2000t. And I see from this thread some people have buzzing and hissing and some not. I have no issues with mine, may be the reviewers have no issues too and that's why they don't mention it.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #400 of 455
That's incredible! May be something wrong with the quality of some daps? May be that's it. Because I have no hissing with Solaris SE but you have with Solaris X. As I understand both have the same specs. And I have no buzzing, simply zero buzzing with my 2000t.
May be wifi speed as Jason said. But my wifi is symetric fiber 600 Mb..., is it too slow??? Anyway problem only appears in streaming and tube amp mode.

Dec 27, 2021 at 6:36 AM Post #401 of 455
May be wifi speed as Jason said. But my wifi is symetric fiber 600 Mb..., is it too slow??? Anyway problem only appears in streaming and tube amp mode.
I’m not a reviewer and I didn’t notice it when I used it with all 4 top 64a IEMs.

Dec 27, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #402 of 455
That's incredible! May be something wrong with the quality of some daps? May be that's it. Because I have no hissing with Solaris SE but you have with Solaris X. As I understand both have the same specs. And I have no buzzing, simply zero buzzing with my 2000t. And I see from this thread some people have buzzing and hissing and some not. I have no issues with mine, may be the reviewers have no issues too and that's why they don't mention it.
Stream hi-res from Qobuz or Tidal on wifi with the tube amp on.

Dec 27, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #403 of 455
Don´t panic :wink:. A reviewer with hissing/buzzing streaming from wifi with the tube amp on. https://twister6.com/2021/11/04/astell-kern-sp2000t/4/

Literal, "But when streaming and only in either Tube or Hybrid modes, I get an intermittent short burst of buzzing which sounds like an EMI interference with a Tube. I asked other users on Head-fi in SP2000T thread to share their experience, and some responded with no issues, while others experienced similar. Switching to solid state output amp is one of the solutions when streaming if you are experiencing EMI and it bothers you. You can also download and store your favorite tracks for off-line listening from some of the apps.".

May be a lottery, may be different hearing, may be wifi speed....

Without any intention of arguing, simply to re-mark all the points, pros and cons. Big DAP, some problems ... For the price, A&K would do well to find a solution.

Dec 27, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #405 of 455

Only my 2 cents.

Interesting, I mostly used it like most DAPs, with USB DAC, Bluetooth DAC and as a DAP playing files from a microSD card. I need to do more tests with streaming, usually I test streaming routinely, but since it is not my main listening way, I may have missed it.

I noticed that on some USB ports on my PC I would get random disconnects / some noise, but that happens with most DAPs and those are the USB ports for the Pc case, which seem to have some problems, same for the USB port of my keyboard, Logi G512, which has tons of noise, but again, I notice this with all DAPs, so that is a problem on my side. I tested extensively for hissing, which I did not find. Should see if I notice anything odd when streaming.

Seems multiple users encountered different results, maybe 1st batch had something different...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back