Introducing the AK SOLARIS X, Astell&Kern's newest collaboration with Campfire Audio
Jul 24, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #46 of 72
Very quiet in here... will be nice to see some reviews of this one.
Waiting for reviews and synergies with ak daps

Jul 27, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #48 of 72
Probably people aren’t encouraged to buy it at msrp after the 2020 version. It could be more appealing if they increased shell size a bit.

Jul 28, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #50 of 72
you do realize one of the biggest pros of the 2020 version is the decreased size, right?
I know , and because of that it lost its edge. I’ve listened to it.

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #57 of 72
Aug 27, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #58 of 72
You referring to this ?

Sorry if wrong to post but its just a persons opinion and at this level of product sound it really is just personal.... that is really what all it is. I have tested a lot lately again, seems like every two years I get the itch to try the best "NEW" ones out and though some are impressive it really is not huge step, its more shifts. One has better extension but not as detailed... just the opposite. IE: Personal. So I guess to argue over something at this level that is better then XYZ and not seeing it being down to personal... well I think the answer is the statement.

I own the OG, tried the SP and 2020 and all sounded excellent but I stayed with the OG. Just like the turning best for me. I will admit these are SEXY as H*LL though =)

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/campfire-audio-solaris-battle-royale.10551/

Aug 29, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #59 of 72
You referring to this ?

Sorry if wrong to post but its just a persons opinion and at this level of product sound it really is just personal.... that is really what all it is. I have tested a lot lately again, seems like every two years I get the itch to try the best "NEW" ones out and though some are impressive it really is not huge step, its more shifts. One has better extension but not as detailed... just the opposite. IE: Personal. So I guess to argue over something at this level that is better then XYZ and not seeing it being down to personal... well I think the answer is the statement.

I own the OG, tried the SP and 2020 and all sounded excellent but I stayed with the OG. Just like the turning best for me. I will admit these are SEXY as H*LL though =)

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/campfire-audio-solaris-battle-royale.10551/
Crickets in here. Has anyone actually heard this thing?
I’ve had this for several weeks now. I’m new here but am a long-time audiophile. The Solaris X through my Astell & Kern SP2000 and SP1000M 2.5mm out sounds sensational: smooth yet detailed with crisp leading edges to notes (no blunting), gorgeous full-bodied tonal color, transparent, NEUTRAL. It‘s a big step up compared with my Thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance. This may sound incredulous but the Solaris X sounds better than my Focal Utopia headphones (with Moon Audio Black Dragon cable) also played through the SP2000 2.5mm out. This is one of the best audio products I’ve ever owned, right up there with my trusty Mark Levinson No. 512 SACD player!

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2021 at 10:47 PM Post #60 of 72
I’ve had this for several weeks now. I’m new here but am a long-time audiophile. The Solaris X through my Astell & Kern SP2000 and SP1000M 2.5mm out sounds sensational: smooth yet detailed with crisp leading edges to notes (no blunting), gorgeous full-bodies tonal color, transparent, NEUTRAL. It‘s a big step up compared with my Thieaudio Monarch and Clairvoyance. This may sound incredulous but the Solaris X sounds better than my Focal Utopia headphones (with Moon Audio Black Dragon cable) also played through the SP2000 2.5mm out. This is one of the best audio products I’ve ever owned, right up there with my trusty Mark Levinson No. 512 SACD player!

Have you heard any other version of the Solaris?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back