Introducing Telos Acoustics
Jul 10, 2015 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 140

HeadRoom

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fiers,

For the last couple of years we have been working with some really talented individuals on some new in-ear headphones that super comfortable, stay in well, and of course have great sound.

Introducing Telos Acoustics

We just launched our Kickstarter campaign a few minutes ago which you can see here:

Telos Fujisan on Kickstarter

We would love your support but more importantly, we are here to answer any questions you might have regarding Fujisan by Telos Acoustics.

We also have a small batch of pre-production or sales ready samples arriving soon and are looking for a couple of head-fiers to beta test our new earphones and help inform the community with a review. Let us know in the comments if you are interested in beta testing and why.

Here's a pic of the earphone but be sure to check out the Kickstarter campaign for more info:

Thanks for the support! 

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #2 of 140
$40 shipping to Canada??  That's almost half the price of the $99 early bird price.

Jul 10, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 140
WeirdG,

Sorry for the high shipping cost but it is very close to our actual shipping rates.

We are making sure we cover all costs associated with the project as many kickstarter projects have had issues in the past as a direct result of shipping rates. Wish we had a better option for you.

Jul 10, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #4 of 140
I would be highly interested in testing these headphones, and am already a proud contributor.

I have been an avid musician my whole life, and enjoy listening to other's work equally. With headphones, I get to experience another aspect of the art: presentation. While in college, I spent a great deal of time analyzing subtle differences in in-ear monitors, and I felt they were finally matching the quality of nice over-ear models (circa 2006.) My current favorite is the Sennheiser IE80. I love the sound of dynamic drivers and genuinely find them to be suitable options for the high end. I also spent a lot of time selling headphones at a store in SoHo NYC and am very knowledgable and seasoned with current models on the market. I currently spend about 4 hours a day utilizing headphones for my subway commute in NYC, and analytical listening at home.

I hope to share my thoughts on Tetsuro Oishi's new Fukisan headphones, as I feel he has given Skull Candy an audio facelift. A high end in-ear coming from Oishi is very exciting to me. I also adore Head Room, and just recently purchased the new Sennheiser M2 headphones from their online shop. The sales staff was incredibly helpful, answering my questions and making recommendations via email. Much appreciated. 

Best of luck, Telos!

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #8 of 140
The semi-transparent shell looks pretty cool to me. Also great to see HeadRoom is involved in a project like this.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 140
Yup! The noisy environment is an excellent test zone. I'm a 9-5er and ride during peak hours. I'm very excited to see how these new phones do, as I just gave away my IE80 to a family member. They have been my go to portable, but isolation wasn't great... luckily the bass emphasis helped in that regard.

Judging from the graph (Thanks InnerFidelity,) I think I'm going to like the Fujisan.

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #11 of 140
This looks very promising! I have yet to be happy with a sportsbud or earphone for active and outdoor use.

Id love to give them a test and see if headroom accomplishes this!

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #13 of 140
@ClieOS, Thanks, we are excited too!

@mochill, thank you, we likey!

@meringo, we think you will like them as well. We are proud to display our InnerFidelity measurements! Let us know if you have any questions.

@Cotnijoe, we think you'll be pleased. They stay in great for a variety of ear types.

@Hisoundfi, thanks for the info. We'll know how many we can send out when our sales ready samples arrive, expected July 20. 

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #14 of 140
Hi guys,

I would love to test them out. I've been a musician and audiophile most of my 50yrs on this rock. I'm very detail oriented and believe in the pure sound of the music.

Thanks

Jul 10, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #15 of 140
I'd love to be a beta tester. I am a professional cellist, and I have been using the Hifiman RE-400 IEMs and Sennheiser HD600s for my casual and in-home listening lately. I'd love to provide a comparison between the RE-400s and the Fujisan, and to offer my thoughts on the Fujisan's ability to reproduce different genres of music from different sources (mobile, vinyl with hifi preamp and headphone amp, etc). I am especially interested in IEMs with a wider soundstage.

Thank you for supporting innovation in such a competitive field. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back