Introducing Shanling M7 - Portable Hi-Fi Android Player
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #301 of 505
Can anyone tell me how well Apple Music works on the M7, both streaming and playing offline downloaded Apple Music files? Any issues?

Seriously considering a M7 to replace my Astell Kern Kann. Thanks.

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #302 of 505
Can anyone tell me how well Apple Music works on the M7, both streaming and playing offline downloaded Apple Music files? Any issues?

I no longer have my M7 (switched to a desktop setup), but for the time I owned it, I exclusively used Apple Music, both with streaming and offline files. It worked great with no issues.

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #303 of 505

I no longer have my M7 (switched to a desktop setup), but for the time I owned it, I exclusively used Apple Music, both with streaming and offline files. It worked great with no issues.
Same here. All Apple, no issues.

Nov 25, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #304 of 505
Thanks all.

Dec 3, 2022 at 9:24 AM Post #306 of 505
Oh God, I completely forgot the heat of the player, at night, in my bed, UNDER the air conditioner, with it throwing the cold air STRAIGHT to me and consequently to the player. It's absurd. Absurd hot.
I complained once and they said it's a "feature" to dissipate the heat".

I am not even going to mention that the sound is lifeless. I never thought I would have a player with a brick size and weight, that could produce enough heat to warm Europe in this terrible time.

Dec 4, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #307 of 505
Oh God, I completely forgot the heat of the player, at night, in my bed, UNDER the air conditioner, with it throwing the cold air STRAIGHT to me and consequently to the player. It's absurd. Absurd hot.

I am not even going to mention that the sound is lifeless. I never thought I would have a player with a brick size and weight, that could produce enough heat to warm Europe in this terrible time.
Are you using Bluetooth and/or WiFi to stream or through cabled iems?

Dec 4, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #308 of 505

I presume you own the M7, if so, when and where did you buy your M7?

"Absurd hot", my hands must be heat resistant!

"I am not going to mention that the sound is lifeless". You just mentioned it, so describe what you mean by "the sound is lifeless".

All my years of listening to music, I have never heard anyone make such statements without justification. Especially when there is no justification.

The M7 sounds absolutely brilliant to my ears. Yes, it gets warm, quite warm, but hot?.....absurdly hot?

Impatiently awaiting your response.

Dec 4, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #309 of 505
I presume you own the M7, if so, when and where did you buy your M7?

"Absurd hot", my hands must be heat resistant!

"I am not going to mention that the sound is lifeless". You just mentioned it, so describe what you mean by "the sound is lifeless".

All my years of listening to music, I have never heard anyone make such statements without justification. Especially when there is no justification.

The M7 sounds absolutely brilliant to my ears. Yes, it gets warm, quite warm, but hot?.....absurdly hot?

Impatiently awaiting your response.
This person might own a defective unit if his indications are true and honest.........
When I owned the DX240, during one of the burn-in cycles, I had inadvertently left both Bluetooth and WiFi on even though they were not being used. The player got very, very warm to hot, to the point it was concerning. I then switched off Bluetooth and WiFi and the player's heat output came down to a respectable level. I was connected to the SE output.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #310 of 505
This person might own a defective unit if his indications are true and honest.........
When I owned the DX240, during one of the burn-in cycles, I had inadvertently left both Bluetooth and WiFi on even though they were not being used. The player got very, very warm to hot, to the point it was concerning. I then switched off Bluetooth and WiFi and the player's heat output came down to a respectable level. I was connected to the SE output.
I agree, which is why I asked where and when they bought their device. They may be able to return the device for repairs or get a replacement unit.

The sound quality issue is separate. Although it is possible that they have two different defects on their device, I am surprised no one else has reported sound quality issues.

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #311 of 505
I agree, which is why I asked where and when they bought their device. They may be able to return the device for repairs or get a replacement unit.

The sound quality issue is separate. Although it is possible that they have two different defects on their device, I am surprised no one else has reported sound quality issues.
We shall wait for the persons response.

Dec 4, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #312 of 505
Hi Shanling,
Does M7 have LHDC codec? Thanks!

No full system LHDC support. It can be enabled in the Shanling Music app, but it's older LHDC version and fully compatible with current LHDC generation.

Sound descriptions and heat descriptions are highly personal, so far there is no reason for us to assume this device is defective.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 4, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #313 of 505
Did anyone compared M7 with A&K SE180 Sem1 and A&K SE200?

Dec 6, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #314 of 505

May I ask what do you compare the sound against ? which DAP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back