Introducing Shanling M7 - Portable Hi-Fi Android Player
Dec 5, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #496 of 505
1701737628950.pngImagen de WhatsApp 2023-12-04 a las 22.03.32_8278b948.jpg
I was wondering If they shadow tinkered something with the new blue version, since another Chinese reviewer also noticed that the new blue version was way less warmer than the first silver version.
Logical and correct.

Dec 5, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #497 of 505
1701737628950.pngImagen de WhatsApp 2023-12-04 a las 22.03.32_8278b948.jpg
Hi guys, I'm also joining to the club.
I'm really liking it. It sounds clean and the responsiveness is fast. The bad thing is that I can't figure out how to make my Ibasso dx160 m3u playlist to work on the device...
Anyway, I have played local HiRes files/High gain/Wifi on/Minimum phase Hybrid fast roll-off filter for some continuous hour but I don't find the device unbearably hot at all as some people pointed out, just slightly warm, which is very impressive; It's even colder than my DX160.
I was wondering If they shadow tinkered something with the new blue vesion, since another chinese reviewer also noticed that the new blue version was way less warmer than the first silver version.
Can we get some more pics of this Blue M7 it looks really good! 👀 👀

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:00 AM Post #498 of 505
Can we get some more pics of this Blue M7 it looks really good! 👀 👀
I'm not very good with photos tho. Here you have some:
photo_2023-12-06_12-58-47.jpg
photo_2023-12-06_12-58-34.jpg
photo_2023-12-06_12-58-41.jpg
photo_2023-12-06_12-58-28.jpg

Dec 6, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #499 of 505
So far, I'm still holding the same impressions, very happy with it's built quality and the smooth and neutral sound quality.
The dap doesn't turn as hot as I expected; I really expected this to be a nice hand-warmer "winter dap" lol. It does get hotter when I play mqa and dsd files (again, nothing exagerated), but for hires 24bit 96khz flac it's just warm.
I primarily use It in prime mode, which I preferred over using USB player and Neutron. What I really hate about Eddict player is that It doesn't have a scroll slider, so when I have a huge play list (I can't either put them in alphabetical order to search things easier), I have to swipe like no tomorrow in order to get to the bottom which is ofc very tiring and inconvenient to find things without typing them on the search bar (not to mention that I can't remember 1000+ names from the list :rolling_eyes:).
@Shanling please ask the software team to add a slider in order to preserve your users sanity lol :skull:.

Dec 6, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #500 of 505
So far, I'm still holding the same impressions, very happy with it's built quality and the smooth and neutral sound quality.
The dap doesn't turn as hot as I expected; I really expected this to be a nice hand-warmer "winter dap" lol. It does get hotter when I play mqa and dsd files (again, nothing exagerated), but for hires 24bit 96khz flac it's just warm.
I primarily use It in prime mode, which I preferred over using USB player and Neutron. What I really hate about Eddict player is that It doesn't have a scroll slider, so when I have a huge play list (I can't either put them in alphabetical order to search things easier), I have to swipe like no tomorrow in order to get to the bottom which is ofc very tiring and inconvenient to find things without typing them on the search bar (not to mention that I can't remember 1000+ names from the list :rolling_eyes:).
@Shanling please ask the software team to add a slider in order to preserve your users sanity lol :skull:.
I didn't realize until I got a FiiO M11 Plus ESS as a sort of complementary DAP to my M6 Pro 21, that I really, really like the button layout on the Shanling vs. the FiiO. Having those track buttons on the left and a wheel volume up on the right is so intuitive for me, as everything can be done with the left hand. Having to wrap your fingers all the way around to the right side of the FiiO to change tracks is just so inferior, but I guess it's all what you get used to, and the FiiO layout probably works better for some. But man, the main thing--the Shanling just has synergy with everything and has that Shanling house sound, even with the ESS DAC. Just warm and musical. Not to dis the FiiO, it has a fine sound, but just not quite as musical to my ears.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #501 of 505
I didn't realize until I got an FiiO M11 Plus ESS as a sort of complementary DAP to my M6 Pro 21, that I really, really like the button layout on the Shanling vs. the FiiO. Having those track buttons on the left and a wheel volume on up on the right is so intuitive for me as everything can be done with the left hand. Having to wrap your fingers all the way around to the right side of the FiiO to change tracks is just so inferior for me but I guess it's all what you get used to and the FiiO layout probably works better for some. But man, the main thing--the Shanling just has synergy with everything and has that Shanling house sound, even with the ESS DAC. Just warm and musical. Not to dis the FiiO, it has a fine sound, but just not quite as musical to my ears.
My problem with Fiio mid tier and high end daps is also the hissing; the noise floor is high enough that some of my sensitive IEMs pick the white noise, so I can only play things on low gain. With Shanling It's just pitch black even on high gain.
Another one has to do with ergonomics; square daps are just painful to hold, specially if they have some weight like the M17. The M15S is the only good one in that regard.

Dec 6, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #502 of 505
My problem with Fiio mid tier and high end daps is also the hissing; the noise floor is high enough that some of my sensitive IEMs pick the white noise, so I can only play things on low gain. With Shanling It's just pitch black even on high gain.
Another one has to do with ergonomics; square daps are just painful to hold, specially if they have some weight like the M17. The M15S is the only good one in that regard.
I usually use over-ears so haven't experienced the hiss, could also be some hifreq hearing loss too! Yes, the square architecture...Shanling's rounded frame is way more comfortable. I have seen the M15S's shape--nice. I wonder if they're going that way going forward. Everyone's anxious to see the M23.

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #503 of 505
You want a hand warmer? Wanna swap with mine? 🤪

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #504 of 505
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back