Introducing Shanling M7 - Portable Hi-Fi Android Player
Jun 4, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #152 of 509
Somehow the pitch-black IEMs seem familiar to me. Which cable are you using now? I have a cable tip for you Satin-Audio Athena. The best cable I have found for CA Dorado 2020 and Oriolus Isabellea. But it costs 500 USD:relaxed::relaxed::smile::sob::sob:
Great tip! I am however happy with what I have paired it with, Dunu Blanche!

Jun 4, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #153 of 509
Great tip! I am however happy with what I have paired it with, Dunu Blanche!
It is indeed a nice cable... Coming from stock cables, I am so tempted by all the cable choices.

A rare picture of 2 M7 next to each other!
Man I wish my phone had 7000mah battery. I used the dap to browse reddit today (black theme but that shouldn't save any power since the panel is LCD), and in 45 minutes, battery dropped 2%...

The player also heats up quite nicely. Yes, I use that word deliberately. It seems past 30 minutes mark, the heat doesn't extend much more and stays at about the same temperature. The heat also makes me feel like the DAP is working hard and makes it all that much better haha! Sorry if I am not making sense.

Attachments

• 20220603_180929.jpg
    20220603_180929.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 0
Jun 10, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #157 of 509
This thread is same dead!! is the M 7 not so fantastic??? Looks same that

Shanling daps threads are not usually overcrowded (see the m8 one). Maybe people are just enjoying their m7s. I’m enjoying mine.

iBasso and Sony threads are much more active due to plenty of fan boys or reviewers that get daps/stuff for free to review. Not criticizing any brand or headfiers but just stating a fact :)

Jun 10, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #159 of 509
Frankly, I am just enjoying mine more and more with each passing day. Will put some impressions before going for a full review...but for now, I can say I am getting my money's worth.

Jun 13, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #160 of 509
Frankly, I am just enjoying mine more and more with each passing day. Will put some impressions before going for a full review...but for now, I can say I am getting my money's worth.
+1. I'm still putting in the hours on my M7 but everytime I steal a listen, I find myself falling in love with it more and more. Apart from the sound, I love the form factor and how it feels in my hands.

There is a soul to the M7 which is hard to describe. The pairing with my Dorado is just perfect. It is such an amazing musical beast!

Jun 13, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #161 of 509
Hello!!

Has any of you been able to compare the sound of Hiby R6 2020 with Shanling M7?? I have finally made the decision to acquire the M7, I have wanted to try a Shanling product for a long time, and this is the jump I was waiting for to the top of the DAP range without going over 5''.

I hope it suits my tastes :) Regards!!

Jun 13, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #162 of 509
+1. I'm still putting in the hours on my M7 but everytime I steal a listen, I find myself falling in love with it more and more. Apart from the sound, I love the form factor and how it feels in my hands.

There is a soul to the M7 which is hard to describe. The pairing with my Dorado is just perfect. It is such an amazing musical beast!
Wait when you hear my DX320 😂😂😂😂You want to 😭😭😭😭

Jun 13, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #163 of 509
Playing with filters today. Any place I can find a description of the filters for the ES9038Pro? What are you guys using?

Jun 13, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #164 of 509
Playing with filters today. Any place I can find a description of the filters for the ES9038Pro? What are you guys using?
Brickwall...somehow it felt to have a microscopic amount more bass slam than the others. Might be totally placebo though, not sure.

Jun 13, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #165 of 509
Brickwall...somehow it felt to have a microscopic amount more bass slam than the others. Might be totally placebo though, not sure.
I noticed that too. Brickwall having bit more bass and bigger soundstage. More layers.
Minimum phase slow roll off the most analogue smooth, minimum fast roll off more treble and upfront vocals and linear fast roll off to be something in between. Actually I find the difference in filters for the m7 much more recognizable than others daps I had before.

I advice new owners to play with filters from the most sharp stock minimum phase roll off (for treble heads) to the most analogue minimum phase slow roll off or brickwall (for bass).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back