Introducing ONI IEM - World's First All MEMS Transducers IEM
Jun 7, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #61 of 74
MEMS driver with usb DSP sound like a concept that chifi companies could sell. Imagine the Moondrop products but with usb DSP cable. That would be such a sweet future for IEMs.

The big downside of course would be that previous DAC/Amp that cannot produce bias voltage are useless for MEMS IEMs.

Jun 7, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #62 of 74
MEMS driver with usb DSP sound like a concept that chifi companies could sell. Imagine the Moondrop products but with usb DSP cable. That would be such a sweet future for IEMs.

The big downside of course would be that previous DAC/Amp that cannot produce bias voltage are useless for MEMS IEMs.
From what I understand, it should be possible to create a device that adds the proper bias voltage between an amp and the IEMs.

Jun 7, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #64 of 74
From what I understand, it should be possible to create a device that adds the proper bias voltage between an amp and the IEMs.
You understand it correctly.

Aug 23, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #65 of 74
This. I am (obviously) biased, but I can honestly say that IEMs designed with our microspeakers sound quite different from anything you have been used to.
The 2 most noticeable qualities that audiophiles would detect right away:
a. Super fast impulse response
b. Phase shift of 2 degree from 20Hz to 10kHz and beyond (Dynamic Drivers get to 180 degrees in the mids onward)

The result is clarity, resolution, separation and imaging like no other transducer.
If all those tech specs are true and if the Solid State IEM would be tuned to the Diffuse Field and be dead neutral like ER4SR then those IEM would be end game of end games and TOTL of the TOTL and I would pay $10K for it. :)

Aug 28, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #66 of 74
there is alot of compact class H amp to be use to drive as piezo actuator driver like mems, they work with 3-5v like LM48580 or sonitron product. I believe this will be disrupt the iem market. just wait who will start to sell under $100 include the amp, since the driver and chip amp is worth not more than $50.

Aug 28, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #67 of 74
there is alot of compact class H amp to be use to drive as piezo actuator driver like mems, they work with 3-5v like LM48580 or sonitron product. I believe this will be disrupt the iem market. just wait who will start to sell under $100 include the amp, since the driver and chip amp is worth not more than $50.
Creative is already developing an xMEMS tws.

Oct 18, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #68 of 74
Nov 20, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #70 of 74
So, today I received a pre-production version of the Oni, and I've spent the last ~4 hours listening to them on the iFi Diablo 2.

These are fantastic and I'm leaning towards calling them the best in my collection, even rivaling the Susvara, Expanse, and Bravura. I haven't had anything give me goosebumps like this in a long time.

It brings the speed of e-stats like the Bravura into an IEM, and it is awesome.

There's still obviously a lot of listening to do, but right now I'm incredibly impressed. At $2.5k for the full package, I'd call this a steal, and I don't say that lightly.

Nov 29, 2023 at 7:18 PM Post #71 of 74
So, today I received a pre-production version of the Oni, and I've spent the last ~4 hours listening to them on the iFi Diablo 2.

These are fantastic and I'm leaning towards calling them the best in my collection, even rivaling the Susvara, Expanse, and Bravura. I haven't had anything give me goosebumps like this in a long time.

It brings the speed of e-stats like the Bravura into an IEM, and it is awesome.

There's still obviously a lot of listening to do, but right now I'm incredibly impressed. At $2.5k for the full package, I'd call this a steal, and I don't say that lightly.
Are you planning to do a more detailed review?

Jan 18, 2024 at 8:03 PM Post #74 of 74
So it's been a while, anyone got any updates on the Oni? Havent heard anything
Last I heard from them was Nov 8th at which point they said they were going into production with their finalized product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back