Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
Apr 24, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #526 of 687
Just checked on my P7Pro on the app, and there is no update ready yet

Apr 25, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #528 of 687
Any idea on when the firmware for momentum 4 will release?
39537e94-4392-48d8-821b-4553f6cfeeb8_text.gif

Apr 25, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #531 of 687
Ive tried a hard reset, my headphones dont even connect to the app anymore. Does anyone have any fixes? This is so annoying
Yeah my app updated and now my momentum 4 barely connect to it. And when they did, no firmware update. And I also did a hard reset. What a joke

Apr 26, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #533 of 687
It just feels silly to put out a changelog and take this long to actually implement it.
Im so confused, i finally managed to get em to connect (i installed the app from playstore and its shows 4.3.0 in app and in playstore) but there is no 5 band eq, no high res audio or anything else that was new?
Edit: realised i need firmware update, how stupid are these people to release an app update requiring you to update firmware to use it, but not proving the firmware? These headphones have went up 20 dollars more in my country (australia) i dont get why anyone would buy them considering the amount of headaches these give you (lots of creaking, app not working, headphones not working)

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #535 of 687
I don't even have the headphones yet, and I'm running out of patience 🙃

Yep, my PX7 died during warranty period and I'm thinking of getting these, despite the ANC issue you guys are reporting, the potential creaking problems and the fact that I think that using "single tap" for any interaction is a flawed idea and the source of accidentally triggered commands, and the reason Sony never used single tap, and their implementation of touch is actually usable, soo despite all these I'm thinking of getting the M4, because I see no alternative in this price range and this sound signature/quality. I tested them and I love the sound! So I'm willing to put some silicone oil in the hinges If they'll creak and live with the flawed touch control-scheme and hope the ANC gets fixed.

I'm also not crazy about the fact that they auto turn on when taken out of the case. I like to be in control, maybe I just want to look at them, or put them around my neck without them auto turning on... Can this behavior be stopped by disabling the wear sensor, so only the on/off button remains active? Can someone please test this?

When I tested the M4, I remember that every swipe up/down changed the volume in large increments - 2-3 or even 4 steps at once, I thought maybe it is my phone (Galaxy S10e) because I had an app from Samsung installed "Sound Assistant" that can modify volume steps. But now I see a video review stating the same behavior.

19:17 - Timestamp here >>

Is this normal operation? When I had the Sony XM4, every swipe registered ONE step volume change regardless of long/short swipe. If I wanted to increase/decrease continuously, I had to swipe and stop my finger on the cup. That changed the volume continuously, slowly, with beep feedback on every step.
Momentum does wild long increases with every swipe. Is there a way to change volume by ONE step without struggling to gently caress the cup? :sweat_smile:

And something else - I see a video review stating that when headphone in case, if you turn the case upside down the headphone auto powers on... can you confirm? / has this been fixed.

3:30 - Timestamp here >>

OK, so I'm quoting myself here to put this in context and to provide my final update and thoughts regarding M4.

I borrowed the M4 for a few days from a friend and after testing more extensively I decided that I cannot live with its touch control-scheme.

I ordered and I'm now testing an open-box Sony XM5 and its controls are flawless. No accidental pause/play because they don't use single touch. Every swipe registers and does exactly what it's supposed to. No 3-step volume change with one swipe.

Don't understand why Sennheiser insists on using single tap for pause/play because this was an issue with PXC 550 II too - accidental commands.

I also think that the two-finger pinch for operating transparency level should be accompanied by some kind of feedback on the current level, otherwise it is useless and a case of over-implementation.

I also found the M4 earpads too small for my ears, M3s were much better.

On a positive note, the M4 didn't creack at all during walking or head/jaw moving. I had a white unit.

As for the sound, I would preferred the bass boost to be applied more towards the mid-bass, it is too much on the sub-bass and in too much quantity. Feels like there's a gap between the sub-bass and low mids. Otherwise I really liked the sound with great soundstage/separation.

Overall I think the XM5 is better balanced tonally but lacks the resolution and transparency of the M4, and the XM5 sounds more "digital", more DSP-ed if that makes sense.

Ultimately I'm returning the XM5 and I ordered the B&W PX8, which I tested last year and I was very impressed. Hope it lasts longer than my deceased PX7...

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #536 of 687
Still no firmware?

EDIT: No :frowning2:
I contacted Sennheiser support about this and they replied:

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately there is still a small problem with one feature that needs to be fixed and according to the product development team, the firmware should finally be available next week.

We are sorry not to be able to give you better news.

Fingers crossed and hoping.

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #537 of 687

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately there is still a small problem with one feature that needs to be fixed and according to the product development team, the firmware should finally be available next week.

"Thanks for your request. A downgrade is not possible, but there will be a big update coming in +/- one week which will solve a lot of problems and also have new features." they told me on March 10th 🤠

Apr 27, 2023 at 5:14 AM Post #538 of 687

Bet it will be another month not just one week

Apr 27, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #539 of 687

Thanks for the update. Let's hope it drops next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back