Introducing MOMENTUM 4 Wireless
Aug 23, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #92 of 687
Offloaded my APM and replaced them with these. Going to be interesting to see how they stack up against the B&W Px7 S2 (my current favourite wireless cans).

Aug 24, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #94 of 687
Okay, so first couple of days with the Momentum 4 and I have some minor comments:

= They are comfortable but you can feel the weight, and the earcups get pretty warm
+ The sound is great. Maybe the bass is a little too boosted, as others said, but its not an issue as soon as you adjust it via the EQ
+ The equing is done in the app but saved in the very headphones, meaning you can just tune one time and uninstall the app (if for some reason you want to do so) or use the same EQ in another device without app
- No "High End Sound Tuning" option available
+ The SMART PAUSE feature works mostly fine: In most cases while at home it paused and resumed the music. I heard a lot of complaints about this feature in the M3s, like pausing randomly, etc, but haven't experienced anything similar, besides...
- SMART PAUSE doesn't seem to work properly after a short session (less than 30 mins) under mild-weather conditions where you arrive to your destination feeling a little bit of sweat in pan and ears. They just wont pause after taking them off.

Aug 24, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #95 of 687
Just got mine. Initial impression is that they sound fantastic and are very comfortable.
Other wireless headphones at hand: B&W P7 Wireless, Audeze Mobius/Penrose, B&O H9 3rd Gen, AirPods Max, Sony XM4 and Bose QC35II.

Aug 24, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #97 of 687
but so far it's the best sound I've heard in wireless headphones
They’re certainly up there! They’re in a different league to Sony and Bose sound wise. Soundstage and resolution is impressive, even over AAC - I think they must have a bit of magic happening as I usually need to use my creative BT-W3 (APTX HD) to get decent sound from my iPhone. I do have the new BT-W4 coming which supports APTX Adaptive so will be interesting to see if there is any difference when using that. Sub bass hump is big but I haven’t felt the need to EQ. I’m still gathering my thoughts in comparing them to the S2/H95 but they’re certainly an excellent wireless can and easily near the top of my list when it comes to wireless options. Glad I got rid of my APM’s for them!

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #98 of 687
They’re certainly up there! They’re in a different league to Sony and Bose sound wise. Soundstage and resolution is impressive, even over AAC - I think they must have a bit of magic happening as I usually need to use my creative BT-W3 (APTX HD) to get decent sound from my iPhone. I do have the new BT-W4 coming which supports APTX Adaptive so will be interesting to see if there is any difference when using that. Sub bass hump is big but I haven’t felt the need to EQ. I’m still gathering my thoughts in comparing them to the S2/H95 but they’re certainly an excellent wireless can and easily near the top of my list when it comes to wireless options. Glad I got rid of my APM’s for them!
Would love to hear how you rate the sound quality relative to the S2 and H95!

Aug 24, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #99 of 687
Just received mine and have been comparing to my Momentum 3 for a bit, and I noticed that for the 4 it's impossible to turn off ANC. Any plans to add this? Might end up being a deal breaker for me as I'm pressure sensitive and regularly turn off ANC on my 3s

Aug 24, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #104 of 687
Just received mine and have been comparing to my Momentum 3 for a bit, and I noticed that for the 4 it's impossible to turn off ANC. Any plans to add this? Might end up being a deal breaker for me as I'm pressure sensitive and regularly turn off ANC on my 3s
Pinch on/off (like zooming in/out in a smartphone screen). You can most certainly turn it off. You can also use the app.
I don't the understand

-Why this doesn't fold ? What is the benefit of designing this unfoldable ?
The prior folding design was compact but at the expense of being more of a "wad"; think of putting a roll of cash in your pocket versus a billfold...the newer design is much easier to put in a backpack or messenger bag as a "layer" without the bulge.
- Why no LDAC ?
I'll check on this. My hunch is that aptx adaptive is more of a goldilocks codec when it comes to performance on the widest variety of devices. Stay tuned (pun intended)

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Aug 25, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #105 of 687
- Why no LDAC ?

It uses a Qualcomm chipset which provides no hardware decoding of LDAC (if this even exists anywhere). Even my Sony headphones did not support EQ when using LDAC! This is likely because the on-board DSP had to decode LDAC and could therefore no longer perform the EQ. I suppose Sennhesier could have offered the same feature (I.e. LDAC via the DSP). The problem with Qualcomm aptX adaptive is that none of the Samsung phones support it; and Samsung is by far the largest manufacturer of Android phones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back