Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold
Jul 14, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #2,285 of 4,765

LOL, guess that settles it then.
Might need to go get me a LPG now haha.

Smart man 
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #2,286 of 4,765
I am lately been working around to building a reference setup. For DAC/AMP I've settled for HUGO and for a dedicated DAP LPG has been chosen for such duties.
It is going to be a fun journey trying to pinpoint the right reference. I've chosen to start this journey with HUM Pristine.

Lately I'm paying more attention to the design philosophy and the science behind the products I purchase. To me if a product designer/company cannot convince me on their design methodology it is not worth my money.

LPG has proven over and over again on its capabilities. Sadly it is not light enough and its UI isn't friendly enough for me, I really have to know what I have gotten on my DAP, that is the negative aspect of folder browsing but when it comes to sound it is a very capable DAP second to no other DAP. 

Lotoo people really did their homework when it came to LPG and what makes me trust them is their focus is on major sonic improvement, as they told me, what is the point of releasing new product if there isn't much sonic improvement?

I am not going to accuse anyone of anything but those who are familiar with andriod it is so easily to tweak the sound and make changes, changes that can easily trick us into thing "hey it sounds different" and in most cases it does and perhaps it is better but sadly it is not entirely clear whether those sonic changes are hardware related or it is just andriod DSP optimization that could have been done on the older hardware.

Jul 17, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2,287 of 4,765
  I am lately been working around to building a reference setup. For DAC/AMP I've settled for HUGO and for a dedicated DAP LPG has been chosen for such duties.
It is going to be a fun journey trying to pinpoint the right reference. I've chosen to start this journey with HUM Pristine.

Lately I'm paying more attention to the design philosophy and the science behind the products I purchase. To me if a product designer/company cannot convince me on their design methodology it is not worth my money.

LPG has proven over and over again on its capabilities. Sadly it is not light enough and its UI isn't friendly enough for me, I really have to know what I have gotten on my DAP, that is the negative aspect of folder browsing but when it comes to sound it is a very capable DAP second to no other DAP. 

Lotoo people really did their homework when it came to LPG and what makes me trust them is their focus is on major sonic improvement, as they told me, what is the point of releasing new product if there isn't much sonic improvement?

I am not going to accuse anyone of anything but those who are familiar with andriod it is so easily to tweak the sound and make changes, changes that can easily trick us into thing "hey it sounds different" and in most cases it does and perhaps it is better but sadly it is not entirely clear whether those sonic changes are hardware related or it is just andriod DSP optimization that could have been done on the older hardware.

Good luck in your journey. Keep us posted!

I love love love Folder Browsing. That is where the LPG got it right and the M had a big fail... to my tastes. There are some things that not universal truths. Each of us has his own wants and needs.

Jul 18, 2016 at 7:11 PM Post #2,288 of 4,765
Where do people buy their LPG these days?

Jul 18, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #2,289 of 4,765
  Where do people buy their LPG these days?

Depends on where you live. I'm in USA and bought it at sonic electronix (few months ago - took about 3 weeks for them to get it from China and deliver even though back then it was showing in stock when I ordered, which is not the case now):

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/search?keyword=lotoo+paw+gold

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #2,290 of 4,765

Depends on where you live. I'm in USA and bought it at sonic electronix (few months ago - took about 3 weeks for them to get it from China and deliver even though back then it was showing in stock when I ordered, which is not the case now):

Funny, it's back to its "original" price again, but "out of stock" now.

When I first looked at it, it was priced at $1500 a few months ago, probably at the time you ordered it.   It was also coming from China, presumably drop shipped to the customer. Stupidly, I didn't pull the trigger at the time.   When I was ready, sonic had one "in stock" but had raised the price to $2200.00.   When I emailed them to inquire as to why the $700.00 price difference, the rep replied that it was probably "on special" at the time I looked at it.  It wasn't, his explanation was crap.

Jul 19, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #2,291 of 4,765
Jul 19, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #2,292 of 4,765
To me, the gold doesn't bother me one bit.  YMMV :)

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:15 AM Post #2,294 of 4,765

Funny, it's back to its "original" price again, but "out of stock" now.

When I first looked at it, it was priced at $1500 a few months ago, probably at the time you ordered it.  

Correct - I purchased it for $1500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back